Freeze dried jellyfish thru security?

Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Freeze dried jellyfish thru security?

There were just so many of the beautiful critters on the beach than I had to have one as a memory. I'm concerned that it might inadvertently get wet and rehydrate. I'd hate to be accused of bringing a gel or a stinging weapon onto a plane. Since I'm only doing carry on, what should I do?
Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Lufthansa Miles & More, Flying Blue, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
There were just so many of the beautiful critters on the beach than I had to have one as a memory. I'm concerned that it might inadvertently get wet and rehydrate. I'd hate to be accused of bringing a gel or a stinging weapon onto a plane. Since I'm only doing carry on, what should I do?
Hopefully it will re-hydrate, transmogrify and go on a rampage through the airport, messily devouring every TSO it can find after painfully stinging them to death. If it does, try to get it on video.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by polonius
Hopefully it will re-hydrate, transmogrify and go on a rampage through the airport, messily devouring every TSO it can find after painfully stinging them to death. If it does, try to get it on video.
Post of the day.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 6:45 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by polonius
^
Old Aug 28, 2008, 9:35 am

Programs: UA gold, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I hope that you accidently sit on your beautiful souvenir and it stings you on your tuckas
Old Aug 28, 2008, 9:51 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
You do realize that the nematacysts can stay active through drying for months, and sometimes years, and all it takes is some water to transform your souvenier into a weapon, right?

Last edited by exerda; Aug 28, 2008 at 12:38 pm Reason: ETA: Changed smiley to make sure my comment is taken for what it is

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.