[GONE] Le Méridien Eilat [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2008, 9:57 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Arrow [GONE] Le Méridien Eilat [Master Thread]

Has anyone stayed in this property since it reopened post renovations? Anyone with information on Plat benefits?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 2:59 am

Programs: starwood, aeroplan
I just stayed there as a plat. I was never there pre renovations, but it looks like it can use renovations now. The rooms are old and musty.
As far as benefits go, they are pretty clueless how the whole spg program works, but if you pressure them enough you could probably get an upgrade.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Welcome to FlyerTalk, mbd4524. It looks like you've been lurking for quite some time.

Old and musty rooms? This is the newly reopened Le Meridien and not the Sheraton Moriah? Oy! I was hoping for a quality redemption option in Eilat.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 6:46 am

Programs: UA GS, aa platinum, hh gold, starwood platinum
I just stayed at the Eilat Sheraton on points and the room was old and musty! On the other hand they asked what PLT amenity I wanted, told me about the SPG breakfast special(reduced price or you can use points), allowed me to have 4 in a room at no extra charge.
They were nice, helpful and friendly which is goes along way when the room is old and musty.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dick tracy
I just stayed at the Eilat Sheraton on points and the room was old and musty! On the other hand they asked what PLT amenity I wanted, told me about the SPG breakfast special(reduced price or you can use points), allowed me to have 4 in a room at no extra charge.
They were nice, helpful and friendly which is goes along way when the room is old and musty.
I thought I'd posted a trip report of our experience in the Sheraton Moriah Eilat this past Hanukkah. I'll have to look for it. In short, I'd be embarrassed to have my brand name on this property.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:05 pm

Programs: starwood, aeroplan
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Welcome to FlyerTalk, mbd4524. It looks like you've been lurking for quite some time.

Old and musty rooms? This is the newly reopened Le Meridien and not the Sheraton Moriah? Oy! I was hoping for a quality redemption option in Eilat.

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Has anyone booked this hotel lately? It seems that they play games with SPG. As far ahead as i looked (till mid feb) it doesnt show any availability, but when you try booking with other sites and travel agents they claim plenty of vacancy. I am very well aware that the fattal chain in Israel is not exactly known for their strict adherance to all spg rules but this is pretty puzzling to me....Anyone know whats going on here?
Old Dec 8, 2008, 10:21 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by damaxer91
...Anyone know whats going on here?
Are the rates you are seeing on these other sites pre-paid rates? If so, they are probably wholesale rates where the hotel has already sold its inventory to a third party for re-sell.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Any FT'ers been to the LM Eilat lately?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 1:13 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Any FT'ers been to the LM Eilat lately?
bump as I have the same question. Where is it relative to the town center and the Red Sea? What condition are the (standard) room "suites" like - clean, etc?
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:15 am
Original Poster

I hadn't seen the previous post, but generally the property is right on the Red Sea, next to the big mall at the beach. I may have to try to use some of the Free Weekend nights and try this place out since it seems that nobody else is taking one for the team.

On second thought, at such a low category it would be a waste of free nights. Perhaps C&P.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? Looking for opinions on whether to stay there...

Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2010, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by MileHighLawyer
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? Looking for opinions on whether to stay there...

Thanks
Ditto, bump again. I am here for a couple nights in February. Any recent insights?

Cheers,
Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: CX Gold, United Gold, BA Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flews
Ditto, bump again. I am here for a couple nights in February. Any recent insights?

Cheers,

Bump again. Any insight on this property?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Ok, if y'all transfer some Starpoints to me I'll TOFTT and drive down and check it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.