Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 7:47 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: National Executive, AAdvantage Platinum, SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Arrow Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa [Master Thread]

2nd hotel of my mini run... Brand new hotel of just 2 months downtown within walking distance of the Fort Worth water fountains which is a nice sight to see if you've never been. Initially had a hard time finding the entrance to this hotel despite seeing the big blaring Sheraton sign from the highway. Entrances are not well marked. Parked in garage and was told by attendant who ran up that Valet was $14. Asked if self parking was available and was told that it was $12 across the street so I just valeted it. Hotel lobby was nice and new, colors more along the lines of a new Westin, fruit baskets in lobby and floors. Front desk nice and helpful, asked if any upgrades available and was told no but given the top floor. Strangely enough for a brand new Sheraton I didn't see a Club Lounge but I may have just missed it. Room was large and spacious, bed was a nice comfortable Sheraton Sleeper, flat screen TV, and an average bathroom. Of note when I walked into the room it was extremely hot! Thermostat was turned to off and not even set to auto... I'm all for conservation but c'mon 80 degrees with an auto thermostat turned off is a little irking. Gym was extremely nice. New Life Fitness machines with IPod connections, free weights, and a universal machine. Didn't try the spa or restaurant. Overall other than the hot room and confusing signage it's a very nice hotel with friendly staff. BTW I didn't end up paying the $14 for parking, nothing noted on my folio on checkout, and wasn't asked to pay by the Valet attendant. I guess they just forgot eh? Next stop... Westin DFW.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Thanks for the mini-review.

I live in FW now so not as much opportunity to try out the hotels here but I'm on the planning committee for a reunion next summer and this is one of the hotels on my short list since I'm in charge of the hotel rates and our main event venue. The reviews I've heard locally have been good, but I don't really trust the "local" word of mouth since the hotel selections here have been awful until the last couple of years.

I look forward to hearing the "chime-in's" from anyone else who has had the opportunity to stay.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, AAdvantage Platinum, SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by techgirl
Thanks for the mini-review.

I live in FW now so not as much opportunity to try out the hotels here but I'm on the planning committee for a reunion next summer and this is one of the hotels on my short list since I'm in charge of the hotel rates and our main event venue. The reviews I've heard locally have been good, but I don't really trust the "local" word of mouth since the hotel selections here have been awful until the last couple of years.

I look forward to hearing the "chime-in's" from anyone else who has had the opportunity to stay.
The hotel does have a bunch of conference rooms though honestly I didn't check them out or the pool. There is a pilates studio attached to the gym so it seems like they can do a lot of high end things that aren't normally offered at your typical basic hotel. Rate wise I noticed can be quite high... I fortunatley got a pretty good rate of $139 on a government rate but have noticed that rooms routintely go for 200 plus at this hotel. Of course with you bringinig in a group I'm sure you could negotiate a lower price. It does seem like a hip hotel though I think I saw maybe 4 other guests during my short stay, parking garage seemed a little sparse and it was pretty darn quiet. All in all it definitely does seem to the "higher" end and the rooms were quite spacious as I said. Good luck on your reunion planning!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:28 am
Original Poster

I forgot to note in my review that even though an upgrade was not available that the hotel seemed conspicuously empty. I think I saw maybe 2 other guests when I was there. In addition the shower didn't have the typical dual showerhead that I've been accustomed to at most Sheratons and certainly newer Starwood hotels. It was also placed so low that even I, of average male height, had to duck down to get my hair wet. If you're a tall guy/gal I'm sure you'll find this plenty cumbersome!
Old Oct 26, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 1 MM; SPG PLT; HH Silver
Just returned from a 2 night weekend stay at the Sheraton Fort Worth. The hotel was at capacity - used an SPG 50% off rate at $155/night. I was not upgraded - was told there was none available. I was not real impressed with this hotel. The valets kept losing our keys. The club lounge attendants were very stingy with their offerings - it almost seemed as if they were hoping you would not eat from the tray of grilled vegetables and stuffed mushroom pastry they offered along with drinks. They were stingy with amenities - one bar of soap to be shared between the shower and sink. On day 2, they would not even supply additional soap. Since we were in a hurry, we showered with shampoo. When visiting the FW area, this hotel would not be my first choice!
Old May 5, 2009, 5:12 pm

Programs: SPG
I am here now and the earlier reviews explain it all. Decent place that's hard to find the correct entrance. No upgrades were offered even though they show to be avalable on SPG.com. Also there was no mention of a lounge even though there shows to be one on Starwood's website. I am less then impressed with the service given so far.
Old May 6, 2009, 8:55 pm

This is a pretty extensive conversion of an old independent hotel that formerly operated as a Ramada and a Hilton. Heard the renovation was excellent.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 6:40 am

Programs: UA - 1K,AA - Plat,Hilton - Diamond,Hyatt - Platinum,National - Exec Elite
Pretty unimpressive

The decor is nice, but overall I'm pretty unimpressed. I didn't have too much trouble finding the entrance but I may have just been lucky.

Bedside lamp in room is broken, hook missing from the back of the door and, as SleepDoc mentioned, the showerhead is mounted so low as to be comical . It's at shoulder level for me and is completely immobile, so it makes showering into an exercise in flexibility. I made mention of it at the front desk when reporting the broken items in the room and they laughed it off and said no one had ever mentioned it before. I was inquiring whether or not they had a disabled room or some other type of room with a shower I could use without performing yoga moves. They were unable to assist and seemed pretty uninterested in the broken items, although the desk clerk did half-heartedly offer to send someone up to my room to fix it (at 9 p.m. on a Saturday night) which I declined.

Additionally, I had two bad food experiences in the restaurant so I won't be returning! Overcooked once, undercooked another, bland and overpriced. I've hit a few Shula's in the past and been satisfied, not so here. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure no one in the back has actually tasted their $18 caesar salad with blackened (read: caked with 5 times too much blackened seasoning) tenderloin tips and stale croutons, otherwise it wouldn't be on the menu.

I'm on 11 and my wi-fi is chugging away at a whopping 1 Mbps as the signal is so low. This laptop usually can find a signal through a lead wall, so I'm pretty sure there's no access point on this floor.

Wow, I sound like a bi#ch. Still, unimpressive.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 8:52 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Sheraton Fort Worth Texas Hotel and Spa

Has anyone stayed here recently?

If you are Platinum, how was the upgrade?

Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Has anyone stayed here recently?

If you are Platinum, how was the upgrade?

Thanks.
I have a stay coming up in a week... I'll definitely post my experiences as a Platinum.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 1:45 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Run, Do Not Walk from This "Hotel"

What a disaster this place is. As a Platinum:

1. 10 minute wait to check-in (only 1 Front Desk Clerk).

2. No upgrade: Was told "hotel is full tonight", and "we have no suites available". This is a complete and total lie: I called Platinum Concierge and spoke to 2 people there (immediately after being told this) who each told me "there are plenty of rooms and suites available there tonight". Also, looked at spg.com - website shows several room types available (yes, including suites).

3. Was then sent to a room which was still completely dirty (i.e. bed had not been made, papers strewn all over, etc.). Bellman tells me this "happens all the time".

4. Internet access weak at best.

5. Extremely rude Front Office Manager.

Thank goodness I still have 9 free weekend nights left to use.

I certainly will not be returning here.

I cannot believe Starwood has the nerve to call this Category 4 - give me a break....

Old Jan 24, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Pretty underwhelmed with this hotel. No upgrades available at checkin (even though website was selling plenty of suites), the bathroom was tiny -- barely any room to move with the door open all the way. Shower was slow to drain and the water had a fishy smell to it (noticed by my coworkers as well). Lounge was OK -- different selection for breakfast than I'm used to (pancakes/french toast). Gym was mediocre. I think about 5-6 machines + free weights with one bench but the room itself was very small. I would not want to be in there with 5 other people. Also, free wi-fi hotelwide.

Unfortunately this is the only SPG property in Ft. Worth downtown so I'll be forced to stay here 1-2 nights/week for the next few months
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
headed there in a month. Any recent reviews would be appreciated.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nachoman205
headed there in a month. Any recent reviews would be appreciated.
I stayed here twice in May of this year. As Platinum was upgraded to a suite both times. Not sure how great of an upgrade it was because each time I was directly facing the freeway but the room was large. If you get a room facing the freeway it is quite noisy. Seemed like a typical Sheraton room – nothing to get excited about. I remember the valet being terrible. My co-worker and I would call down and the car wouldn’t be ready and then we’d have to ask the valet staff several times once we were down there to get the car. I didn’t really frequent the lounge but I do remember stopping by in the evening to grab water and there were full sized candy bars each time which was really nice. Location-wise it’s in the outskirts of downtown Ft. Worth. My co-worker and I were still able to walk to restaurants from the hotel but it’s probably around 15-20 min to the heart of downtown past dead office buildings at night. I much prefer the Renaissance Worthington when I’m in Fort Worth which has a central location and a really nice gym.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
THANKS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.