Is there a warrant out for me?

Old Sep 13, 2008, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Is there a warrant out for me?

advice taken....

Last edited by dreamer81; Sep 14, 2008 at 2:36 pm Reason: advice taken....
Old Sep 13, 2008, 2:53 pm

Lol

Can't...stop...laughing.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

this is not a joke!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
The statutory rape issue is the one you should be worried about.

I suggest that you seek legal advice before planning to visit the USA - finding an AZ lawyer should be easy with a few minutes Googling.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:08 pm

She may have turned you in, but if charges were never actually filed, then the statute of limitations probably applies.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by n5667
She may have turned you in, but if charges were never actually filed, then the statute of limitations probably applies.
I recommend being sure before risking incarceration. Call a lawyer.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by n5667
What does "statute of limitations" meen?

Last edited by dreamer81; Sep 14, 2008 at 2:36 pm
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by dreamer81
What does "statute of limitations" meen?

If there is a warrant for my arrest due to the statutory rape, will I be denied entry to the US and send back to europe, or will they put me in jail?
Statute of limitations means in in effect - "too long ago".

Only a lawyer is qualified to answer the other questions. Seriously, if you are thinking of visiting the USA, get advice from an AZ attorney. It will probably cost much less than you expect for basic advice.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:31 pm

Last but not least i had a gf who at that time was 17. After I went back to Europe, she turned me in for having sex with an underage person. Could the police be waiting for me in the immigration in the airport in florida?
Hi I'm no lawyer, but I personally don't see the problem with a 22 year old banging a 17 year old.. it's pretty normal. Here in Italy the age of consent is 14; in my home state in the US it was 16, I think that's what the average is in US states - but you might want to check up on the law for where ever the sex occured to see if it was a crime there...
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Nobody else wonders why dude buys a car on his credit car dand then immediately moves to europe? What, was the car going to be your second checked bag? Were you going to use it to transport the girls body? I s it all just one big misunderstanding?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by fbtr
Hi I'm no lawyer, but I personally don't see the problem with a 22 year old banging a 17 year old.. it's pretty normal. Here in Italy the age of consent is 14; in my home state in the US it was 16, I think that's what the average is in US states - but you might want to check up on the law for where ever the sex occured to see if it was a crime there...
Wikipedia shows AZ age of consent as 18, with no Romeao+Juliet execption (it is a possible defence).

I personally have no moral objection; however, there clearly is a problem, as statutory rape is a felony.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

I will call a lawyer tomorrow and see if he can do a check. However i hope he can do it fast!

Last edited by dreamer81; Sep 14, 2008 at 2:37 pm
Old Sep 13, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: The usual suspects
Originally Posted by ludocdoc
Nobody else wonders why dude buys a car on his credit car dand then immediately moves to europe? What, was the car going to be your second checked bag? Were you going to use it to transport the girls body? I s it all just one big misunderstanding?
^ I don't get it either. Maybe I'm missing something?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 4:00 pm

I was 20 she was 17.
but then again, she has no prove???

doesn't the police only arrest if they know they have a case?

I will call a lawyer tomorrow and see if he can do a check. However i hope he can do it fast!
For statutory rape, it does not seem unreasonable that if an allegation has been made, and the alledged perp has vanished, that a warrant might be issued.

Originally Posted by ludocdoc
It's not unusual for visitor to buy a car for the duration of their stay, and then sell/leave it when they head home. I'll let the OP speak for himself, but my assumption was that be went home after he split up with his GF.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dgwright99
For statutory rape, it does not seem unreasonable that if an allegation has been made, and the alledged perp has vanished, that a warrant might be issued.

It's not unusual for visitor to buy a car for the duration of their stay, and then sell/leave it when they head home. I'll let the OP speak for himself, but my assumption was that be went home after he split up with his GF.
Im not sure a lawyer can get the information needed before tuesday

Last edited by dreamer81; Sep 14, 2008 at 2:37 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.