PROMO: Q4 2008 Promo - SPG You Choose

Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:54 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Lightbulb PROMO: Q4 2008 Promo - SPG You Choose

Originally Posted by bsdstone
So am I to assume the promo launches is less than 90 minutes? I've been sucked into this one...can't wait to see what all the hub bub is about!
Well, SPG is so anticipating the launch of its Q4 promotion, SPG You Choose, at www.spg.com/choose, they’ve decided to implode the clock and launch it a bit earlier than expected - like NOW. This promotion is open to any SPG member and registration runs through November 15th for stays from October 1st- December 31st.

This promotion will be unlike any other promotion SPG has run recently. For the first time, SPG is offering a dozen different reward options and allowing members the freedom to choose which one they want to participate in. So, unlike previous campaigns where your offer choices were either selected for you or only select members were allowed to choose between a couple of choices, this time the power is totally in your hands and we’ve even given you some tools to help determine which offer might best suit you.

Every member in the program will see the same twelve offers, regardless of their tier in the program, and we think everyone will find an offer that will appeal to them in some way. Offer selections include earning bonus Starpoints®, free weekend night awards, stays/nights count double, and even gift cards. No matter whether you are staying with us 1 night or 90, there is an offer for you that will allow you to earn a great reward in return for your loyalty. The offers are structured so the more stays or nights you think you will have with us, the richer the reward you can choose.

SPG designed the promotion based on direct feedback from members like you who told us that you wanted more reward options, wanted to see the offers everyone else was getting, and wanted flexibility to choose a promotion that was based upon stays or nights. So we hope all of you are excited about this promotion and we look forward to your feedback.

A few additional things to note:

1. Once you make and confirm your selection you may not change it at any time during the promotion. So select carefully. No emails to me and Thyetus asking us to switch promotions for you.

2. Registration is online only at spg.com/choose. No one at the Customer Contact Center can register you, so don’t bother calling.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by bizaro86
I don't work for a piping company, but I'm pretty sure pipe comes in standard sizes. Thus, any measuring device that comes within the accuracy of those standard sizes would be acceptable for determining the difference between 2 inch and 3 inch standard pipe. (Or whatever the standards are, I drill oil wells not sewage lines.)

Anyway, calipers would be significanly more accurate than needed for the task. The joke was that only us obsessive compulsive types would bother using calipers to obtain the extra accuracy.

If I have followed it correctly...

Michael
Gotchya...but we actually do measure our competitors pipe for accurate wall thicknes...those dirty dogs cheat all the time and as we are not good losers, we have to rat them out! :-)

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Looks like the "you choose" options are up.

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
I just checked the You Choose link that I have bookmarked - it looks like the promo is UP and you can sign up for it.

So now I will be following this thread closely to see which options people are choosing.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:55 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Its up for me now.

Twelve options.

Here's one:
Marvelous decision. You're on track to earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints each time you stay 20 total nights (up to 100,000 bonus Starpoints with 80 total nights) between October 1 and December 31, 2008. Simply enter your SPG number and current email address below to register.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
and it looks damn good...WAY TO GO STARWOODS!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
This one probably suites me best:

You've chosen to earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints with every 10 stays.

Marvelous decision. You're poised to earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints with every ten eligible stays (up to 40 stays and 100,000 bonus Starpoints) between October 1 and December 31, 2008. Simply enter your SPG number and current email address below to register

Will probably put 20 stays to SPG during this period. Hyatt's FFN is more tempting option until the end of the year.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SPG® You Choose Promotion Terms and Conditions:

Double Stays: Member can choose to earn double stays for each eligible stay. For members who choose double stays, only eligible stays/nights at participating properties that are posted to the member's account after registering will be counted twice. Stays must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Once selected, this "Double Stays" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

Free Weekend Night with every four stays: Member can choose to earn one (1) Free Weekend Night at a Category 1–5 hotel with every four (4) eligible stays up to a maximum of two (2) Free Weekend Night awards and eight (8) stays. Stays must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Free Weekend Night(s) must be used by April 30, 2009. Once selected, this "Free Weekend Night with every four stays" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

Free Weekend Night with every eight nights: Member can choose to earn one (1) Free Weekend Night at a Category 1–5 hotel with every eight (8) eligible nights up to a maximum of two (2) Free Weekend Night awards and sixteen (16) nights. Nights to earn this offer, not the Free Weekend Night, must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Free Weekend Night(s) must be used by April 30, 2009. Once selected, this "Free Weekend Night with every eight nights" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

US$25 Amazon.com Gift Card with every two stays: Member can choose to earn one (1) US$25 Amazon.com Gift Card with every two (2) eligible stays up to a maximum of five (5) US$25 Amazon.com Gift Cards and ten (10) eligible stays. Stays must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. All Amazon.com Gift Cards earned will be sent after the promotion ends on December 31, 2008. Gift Cards will be sent to the member's mailing address on file. To update your mailing address, go to SPG.com. Allow 4–6 weeks for Amazon.com Gift Card(s) to be sent. The Amazon.com Gift Cards are only redeemable on the U.S. Amazon.com Web site. Gift Cards are in U.S. dollars. International charges could apply on merchandise purchased from Amazon.com. Once selected, this "US$25 Amazon.com Gift Card with every two stays" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

US$25 Amazon.com Gift Card with every four nights: Member can choose to earn one (1) US$25 Amazon.com Gift Card with every four (4) eligible nights up to a maximum of five (5) US$25 Amazon.com Gift Cards and twenty (20) eligible nights. Nights must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. All Amazon.com Gift Cards earned will be sent after the promotion ends on December 31, 2008. Gift Cards will be sent to the member's mailing address on file. To update your mailing address, go to SPG.com. Allow 4–6 weeks for Amazon.com Gift Card(s) to be sent. Amazon.com Gift Cards are only redeemable on the U.S. Amazon.com Web site. Gift Cards are in U.S. dollars. International charges could apply on merchandise purchased from Amazon.com. Once selected, this "US$25 Amazon.com Gift Card with every four nights" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

Earn Double Starpoints on all stays: Member can choose to earn double Starpoints® with each eligible stay, with no maximum on Starpoints earnings within the earning window of October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Stays must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Once selected, this "Earn Double Starpoints on all stays" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

Earn 2,000 bonus Starpoints with every two stays: Member can choose to earn 2,000 bonus Starpoints after every two (2) eligible stays up to a maximum of 10,000 bonus Starpoints and 10 stays. Stays must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Once selected, this "Earn 2,000 bonus Starpoints with every two stays" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

Earn 9,000 bonus Starpoints with every six stays: Member can choose to earn 9,000 bonus Starpoints after every six (6) eligible stays up to a maximum of 36,000 bonus Starpoints and twenty-four (24) stays. Stays must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Once selected, this "Earn 9,000 bonus Starpoints with every six stays" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints with every 10 stays: Member can choose to earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints after every ten (10) eligible stays up to a maximum of 100,000 bonus Starpoints and forty (40) stays. Stays must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Once selected, this "Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints with every 10 stays" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

Earn 2,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay four nights: Member can choose to earn 2,000 bonus Starpoints after every four (4) nights up to a maximum of 10,000 bonus Starpoints and twenty (20) nights. Nights must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Once selected, this "Earn 2,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay four nights" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

Earn 9,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 12 nights: Member can choose to earn 9,000 bonus Starpoints after every twelve (12) nights up to a maximum of 36,000 bonus Starpoints and forty-eight (48) nights. Nights must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Once selected, this "Earn 9,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 12 nights" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 20 nights: Member can choose to earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints after every twenty (20) nights up to a maximum of 100,000 bonus Starpoints and eighty (80) nights. Stays must be at SPG participating properties between October 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008. Participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Once selected, this "Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 20 nights" offer cannot be changed at any time during the promotion. See "All Offers" below for additional terms and conditions.

All Offers: All above listed offers are non-transferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/choose by November 15, 2008. An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest® account. Eligible stays/nights will be tracked by date member checks in and not the date the member checks out. A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A description of a qualifying rate can be found at SPG.com. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay. Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 2–3 weeks of the stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com. Offer is applicable to single members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law. © 2008 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Looks great, thanks. $ 10 to the first person who selects the $ 25 gift card for four nights .

Too much choice for me...am confused...what is everyone taking? I'm already requalified...
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am attempting to rework the math that was posted earlier in this thread...someone PLEASE correct me as maff aint my strong suit! :-)

at a cheap $100 a night for 40 1-night stays = $4,000
(obviously very difficult to do!)

You'd get
100,000 bonus starpoints
20,000 platinum amenity (50*500)
20,000 online booking (50*500)
12,000 Revenue (3*4000)
8,000 Starwood CC (2*4000)

-------------
160,000 for $4,000 = 2.5 cents per point or 40 pts per $ spent
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Thumbs up

I love the graphic at the bottom that shows the percentage of members that have chosen a certain "promo".

Looks like double stays is at 50% already.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I signed up for the free weekend nights (4 stays for 1 free weekend / 8 stays for 2).

Now the usual SPG forum question: How does this work in conjunction with the Asia Mastercard promo running at the same time? (3 stays for 2 nights) ?

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
I am attempting to rework the math that was posted earlier in this thread...someone PLEASE correct me as maff aint my strong suit! :-)

You'd get
100,000 bonus starpoints
12,000 Revenue (3*4000)

-------------

That's if you're platinum though - so in my case being Gold I would only get the plat amenity after my 25th stay right?

I'm trying to work out what I would get for 40 1-night stays at an Aloft hotel (quadruple points) since there is one near my work in Rosemont, IL and it would be very easy for me to check in....
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*

You'd get
100,000 bonus starpoints
12,000 Revenue (3*4000)

-------------
You wrote 50 stays for the platinum amenity and online booking bonus in parentheses, but you have the right numbers for the totals.

I don't see how every stay can qualify for the online booking bonus. I thought it was only if SPG's website is down.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
This brings up an interesting question..

..how to explain to the Mrs. that I'll be bouncing between the Four Points and Sheraton in Pleasanton for 41 days...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.