Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chairman Card comprimised security?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2008, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Chairman Card comprimised security?

I have just had to cancel our card for the 4th time in 3 years due to fraudulent activity. We have never been on the hook for the unauthorized purchases but I am very frustrated.

Now I am just downright annoyed. This last time, I checked my account online (the fact that there is a 1-2 day delay in posting transactions bugs me too.... BTW) and saw 2 (only) unrecognizable charges, for the same amount to the same vendor. I actually called the vendor (a legitimate business) to check if it was a mistake. I was told that a purchase had been requested (not fulfilled thankfully) by someone with my number but *** different name*****different exp date*****different security code******and different billing address!!!

And THIS purchase was approved by Citibank on 3 separate consecutive days (the 3rd charge was not viewable to me yet when I checked)!!!!!!!!!!!

I do everything in my power to be safe. I verify all websites and use virtual accounts for all online purchases. I make sure all hard copy receipts only list the last 4 numbers of my card, etc. I understand this is a widespread problem but I am doing my part to be safe.

What's the point if the security codes and safeguards are not adhered to by Citi???
Old Sep 18, 2008, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Your story about Citi is very disconcerting and certainly is strengthening my resolve not to get another credit card from them. I started a thread last week about my Citi Mastercard being compromised. The fact that you've had this problem 4 times (and the example you provided about Citi's approval of the charge) is shocking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.