Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Fall Bonus Offer - Earn up to 40,000 bonus miles (MPD618 & MPD628)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis

Just received. Not much info in the email...
==================================================
United(R)
==================================================

United Mileage Plus(R)
Earn up to 40,000 bonus miles
http://www.united.com/fallbonusoffer

Get the year-end bonus you deserve

Register Now
http://www.united.com/fallbonusoffer

Earn up to 40,000 redeemable bonus miles when you fly
between October 1 and December 31, 2008.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Earn up to 40K Bonus miles.

Just received in my e-mail. Offer

You can earn between 2,000 miles and 40,000 miles total - the more roundtrips you fly, the more miles you can earn.

Domestic Offer (MPD618)
(qualifying booking classes:
F, A, P, C, D, Z, Y, B, M, E, U, H

One completed roundtrip
2,000 bonus miles

Two completed roundtrips
5,000 bonus miles

Three completed roundtrips
15,000 bonus miles

International Offer (MPD628)
F, A, P, C, D, Z)

One completed roundtrip
5,000 bonus miles

Two completed roundtrips
10,000 bonus miles

25,000 bonus miles

Ticketing dates: October 1, 2008 - December 15, 2008
Travel dates: October 1, 2008 - December 15, 2008

I purchase most of my tickets as one-ways, and already have everything ticketed to end of year, so looks like nothing for me. Not worth re-ticketing 1 trip just for 2000 miles.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: PC Ambassador, UA , HH Gold
No good for me in HK since only First & Business classes are applicable for international flight.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Selected Mileage Plus members can earn up to 40,000 redeemable bonus miles from United when they fly between October 1 and December 15, 2008. Register, and then complete up to six roundtrips (three domestic and three international) in one of the qualifying booking classes on United® or United Express® between October 1 and December 15, 2008.

You can earn between 2,000 miles and 40,000 miles total - the more roundtrips you fly, the more miles you can earn.

Domestic Offer (MPD618)
F, A, P, C, D, Z, Y, B, M, E, U, H
International Offer (MPD628)
F, A, P, C, D, Z)

One completed roundtrip
2,000 bonus miles

Two completed roundtrips
5,000 bonus miles

15,000 bonus miles

One completed roundtrip
5,000 bonus miles

Two completed roundtrips
10,000 bonus miles

25,000 bonus miles

Terms and conditions

Offer valid only for selected Mileage Plus members. To qualify for this offer, members must register, purchase and complete one or more paid, qualifying roundtrip on United® or United Express® within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. For the domestic offer, a roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city in the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United or United Express; a segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. For the international offer, a roundtrip is defined as travel between the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands and Europe, Asia Pacific and Brazil.
Ticketing Period: October 1, 2008 through December 15, 2008
Travel Period: October 1, 2008 through December 15, 2008
Blackout dates for domestic travel only: 11/21, 11/22, 11/26, 11/29, 11/30, 12/1.
Domestic offer is valid on qualifying paid, published fares in United First® (F,A,P), United Business® (C,D,Z) or United Economy® (Y,B,M,E,U,H) booking classes only. International offer is valid on qualifying paid, published fares in United First (F,A,P) or United Business (C,D,Z) booking classes only.
Members can register and qualify to earn one or both offers. Domestic offer: 2,000 bonus miles for completing one qualifying roundtrip in the offer period, 5,000 bonus miles for completing two qualifying roundtrips in the offer period, or 15,000 bonus miles for completing three qualifying roundtrips in the offer period. International offer: 5,000 bonus miles for completing one qualifying roundtrip in the offer period, 10,000 bonus miles for completing two qualifying roundtrips in the offer period, or 25,000 bonus miles for completing three qualifying roundtrips in the offer period. Bonus miles will post six to eight weeks after the offer period ends.
Maximum bonus awarded for the domestic offer is 15,000 miles. Maximum bonus awarded for the international offer is 25,000 miles. Maximum bonus for each offer can be awarded only one time per member.
For tickets purchased in the U.S.: Tickets purchased through United reservation offices are $25 higher per ticket, and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are $30 per ticket higher. Fees are subject to change without notice.
Not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
E-Ticket purchase is required.
Offer valid on paid, published fares.
Not valid on government fares.
Registration Requirement: Registration is required by December 15, 2008 in order to qualify for the program. To register for the domestic offer, go to www.united.com/mpd618reg or for the international offer go to www.united.com/mpd628reg.
Valid on United and United Express, and not on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers. Bonus miles apply to base flight miles only and do not count towards elite status. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite or class-of-service bonuses.
Must be a Mileage Plus member to participate in this offer.
Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify.
Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com.
Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply (MPD618 & MPD628).

Not retroactive: LAME I have a couple of full F tickets bookd in the period but I guess its not eligible
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I wonder if a CCPSTAR1 counts. (Edited: I see it's not retroactive. Oh well.)
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Wow, I was going to purchase a ticket today, but I will now wait until Oct 1.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Not retroactive: LAME I have a couple of full F tickets bookd in the period but I guess its not eligible
Aw, c'mon. If they're really full F, just cancel and rebook after Oct 1.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
October travel already booked

That sux that you don't get credit for October trips already booked. Oh well, I still have November until the end of the year to book so I will try to maximize this puppy - at least domestically. Hooray, promotions (even limited ones)!

And to gripe further, yesterday my flight left about 20 minutes late because of the excessive number of carry-ons (thanks UA for yet another crappy idea - checked baggage fees). I think this is going to continue to suck through the end of the year.

May look for another carrier next year where the planes actually leave on time (ha! as if that actually existed...).
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by Erasmus
Aw, c'mon. If they're really full F, just cancel and rebook after Oct 1.
No can't do. Used vouchers
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
No can't do. Used vouchers
I booked what I think is my last trip of the year just yesterday. So while I am still within the 24 hr window to cancel, I would lose my $50 voucher (from Elite Choice).

Edit: just checked, it's V class anyway, so wouldn't qualify.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:51 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Thanks for the heads-up on this offer! ^

I've got a fully refundable D fare to LHR next month. Looks like I'll be refunding it and buying a new one next week.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 11:03 am

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
This is a deal that might actually work well for me. I start a new job on 10/6 with the possibility of 2-3 TATL flights and I think company pays Business for longer flights.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I've got a trip at thanksgiving that I will probably now split into two itins.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 11:44 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read the offer over pretty good, but I couldn't see that the miles apply to status EQM's.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 11:47 am

Programs: UA1K
These are RDMs only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.