Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Redeem specialty Rooms and suites with Cash & Points thru Dec 21 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Redeem specialty Rooms and suites with Cash & Points thru Dec 21 2008

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2008, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
Lightbulb PROMO: Redeem specialty Rooms and suites with Cash & Points thru Dec 21 2008

C&P is usually my favorite redemption option. Just got an email today from SPG that through December 21, you can now book specialty rooms with C&P.

Doesn't look like the best deal, but might be worth it if you are trying to guarantee a suite for a vacation.

http://www.spgpromos.com/cashandpoin...Upgrade_Sept08
Old Oct 2, 2008, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Thanks for posting. I've seen a handful of properties offering this in the past. One of them being Westin Minneapolis. Regular rate: $60 + 4000 points. Upgraded rates: $80 + 4000 points
Old Oct 4, 2008, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I just noticed this on spg.bomb! What a great idea. I see it's currently in a lot of warm weather tourist destinations. I'd love to see this rolled out wider. ^
Old Oct 4, 2008, 7:05 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
If extended chain-wide, this looks fantastic!!
Old Oct 5, 2008, 2:18 am

Yeah I think this is great idea as a permanent extension to redemption options. Even better if it was bookable on line.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This would indeed be awesome to add as a permanent feature!
Old Oct 6, 2008, 5:47 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
For someone who is not SPG Platinum and has points (perhaps from SPG credit card) this is a relatively good deal. A suite in Florence Italy for $175 and 26,000 points is a decent deal.

Phoenix and The Phoenician looks good too at $110 and 15,600 points.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 6:22 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
The room types always confuse me since they vary from hotel to hotel. I am a Plat and have some award reservations in November at the Excelsior in Florence. I can, right now, upgrade my room with additional points. I currently have a Deluxe room; my upgrade options are:

Upgrade to Deluxe River View for 2,500 per room per night
Upgrade to a Premium Deluxe River View room for 5,000 per night
Upgrade to a Jr. Suite for 20,000 per room per night

Not sure which, if any, of these is a Specialty Room or Specialty Select, or if the Suite is the same as the Junior Suite I was quoted by Plat Con line.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

promo - cash and points - upgraded room/suite

http://www.spgpromos.com/cashandpoin..._PTS_anonymous

sorry if repost. searched for "cash points suite"

very interesting promo, site is laid out fairly well. ^

im personally always interested in higher end redemption options.
(but not those where its ~1 cent per point value.)

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Oct 23, 2008 at 2:34 pm Reason: Merged into existing thread and clarified title for better ease in searching
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:34 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
That is a nice layout.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:37 am

How to actually find availability for this?

Thanks for posting this, I have been playing with the site, trying to find availability for this weekend (10/24--10/26/08) in PHX at any of the 3 properties included that I like there (Phoenician, Wild Horse or Westin Kierland) and having no luck actually finding anything. It seems to take you to one Starwood booking page after another, some of which do show Cash and Points booking options, but none I have seen yet for suites? Am I doing something wrong? All I see are listings of the standard cash and points options which are of no interest to me.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 10:41 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Steffo
Thanks for posting this, I have been playing with the site, trying to find availability for this weekend (10/24--10/26/08) in PHX at any of the 3 properties included that I like there (Phoenician, Wild Horse or Westin Kierland) and having no luck actually finding anything. It seems to take you to one Starwood booking page after another, some of which do show Cash and Points booking options, but none I have seen yet for suites? Am I doing something wrong? All I see are listings of the standard cash and points options which are of no interest to me.
You have to call the Customer Contact Center in order to book these.

From the site:

For detailed room type availability and to redeem for your Specialty Room or Suite, call your nearest Customer Contact Center.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Also note that the cash portion of the hotel is a bit more that the standard C&P options.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 3:08 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Indeed, you do have to call. Sadly, the Click To Chat people are unable to assist. That's a shame.

I tried to book the Specialty Select Cash and Points award at the Phonecian Dec 11-14th and there was no availability. So I asked the agent what the room type even was and she said she'd have to find an available date to check. No problem I said - any date - just so I know the room type. So she checked all of December, January, February, March, and April and found not a day available.

Now, if this is a beta program with limited hotels participating, shouldn't the participating hotels have at least SOME availability? A bit disappointed with the first attempt at using one of these.

Still like the *concept* though.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 3:28 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by daveland
I tried to book the Specialty Select Cash and Points award at the Phonecian Dec 11-14th and there was no availability. So I asked the agent what the room type even was and she said she'd have to find an available date to check. No problem I said - any date - just so I know the room type. So she checked all of December, January, February, March, and April and found not a day available.
That would make sense given the promotion's end date shown on the bottom of the promotion page and in the title of this thread. (I'll admit that the title here says "booked...thru" rather than "for stays through.")

Any word on whether this promo will be extended into 2009 and expanded to additional properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.