Search

New seating charts on aa.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2008, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
New seating charts on aa.com

Title pretty much says it all. Is it my imagination or has aa.com updated the seat maps, specifically those that one accesses to choose their seats for upcoming flights.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Yes, indeed they have changed. Very interesting. They're much bigger now. Not sure there's any improvement, though. I want to say they're a little harder to read now. The contrast in colors isn't as prominent. And the entire cabin doesn't fit on my screen, so have to scroll, whereas didn't have to before.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:05 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by justforfun
Yes, indeed they have changed. Very interesting. They're much bigger now. Not sure there's any improvement, though. I want to say they're a little harder to read now. The contrast in colors isn't as prominent.
Maybe it means the seats are bigger, too

Cheers.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:08 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
yes i just saw that. I think they are bigger, thats about it.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
one can dream. good thing the upgrade gods have been kind to me this year.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
One important distinction:

With the new seat maps, ANYONE can view available Q-blocked seats. With the old system, Q-blocked seats would show up as "occupied." Now, with the purple shading, you don't have to be logged in with an elite AAdvantage number to see exit rows and other Q-blocked seats.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by ESpen36
One important distinction:

With the new seat maps, ANYONE can view available Q-blocked seats. With the old system, Q-blocked seats would show up as "occupied." Now, with the purple shading, you don't have to be logged in with an elite AAdvantage number to see exit rows and other Q-blocked seats.
When I check the seat map w/o logging in, I see the "preferred seats" w/a purple background but w/gray (=occupied) seats. When I logon, the purple background stays but the seats are now beige (=available).
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG, National Exec
In addition to newer seating maps, I have noticed on the booking page they now allow you to add FF# for all of the AA partners, making it easier for those who would prefer to credit another program.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by sinner7
In addition to newer seating maps, I have noticed on the booking page they now allow you to add FF# for all of the AA partners, making it easier for those who would prefer to credit another program.
Finally! ^

As for the new seat maps, I think it looks much more "in with the times." Sure we may have been used to the old system, but seriously it was in need of a uplift. It'll take some time to get used to, but I'm sure we'll all grow accustomed to it.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
I like it. It has a much cleaner look.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Are the "preferred seats" new ? These are exit row and some non exit row (aisle, window, toward front, power port seats) that AA notes as: ** Preferred seats are available to AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, AAirpass members and all passengers holding tickets with a Y or B booking code.

I don't remember this seat category existing before. They are noted on the seat map in the lavendar box. Are they just for GLBT pax ?
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
Are the "preferred seats" new ? These are exit row and some non exit row (aisle, window, toward front, power port seats) that AA notes as: ** Preferred seats are available to AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, AAirpass members and all passengers holding tickets with a Y or B booking code.
Nope, they're not new. They have always been Q-blocked. It's just that, until now, you couldn't use AA.com to see those seats unless logged in as an elite or from inside a PNR booked in Y/B class. Now, you can see them regardless of whether you are logged in or not.

I don't remember this seat category existing before. They are noted on the seat map in the lavendar box. Are they just for GLBT pax ?
Nope, all passengers who fit the established criteria can select lavender seats, not just GLBT pax.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by bdemaria
Title pretty much says it all. Is it my imagination or has aa.com updated the seat maps, specifically those that one accesses to choose their seats for upcoming flights.
DL.COM changed their seat maps this week also. Maybe they are uisng the same contractor. Amazing how poeple want to spend $ on things that are NOT broke and what is broke they refuse to invest in.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Gandhi90s
I like it. It has a much cleaner look.
So displaying the same information in more space is "clean"? Maybe they should let you print out a PDF of the actual-size aircraft -- that would be 93% cleaner!
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Don't like it -- too much extra scrolling!

Though it's nice to see what coach seats are considered premium -- even helps to guess at what kind of pax have already booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.