Wiki Posts
Search

AT7 "Preferred" Seats?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2008, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
AT7 "Preferred" Seats?

I am currently booked on my first AT7 flight, from LAW to DFW, and was given seat 17B. The new, colorful seating chart on aa.com shows the rear seats (17 A,B) highlighted in light purple, which the legend translates as "Preferred Seats". The seat map on Seatguru shows these same seats in red, meaning "Poor". I have read previous FT threads where folks seem to agree with Seatguru. My question is, does anyone have a guess as to why these seats would be listed as "Preferred" by aa.com?
Old Oct 6, 2008, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
My guess would be row 17 is "preferred" b/c you will be first off the plane?
Old Oct 6, 2008, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
Originally Posted by bdemaria
My guess would be row 17 is "preferred" b/c you will be first off the plane?
I considered that possibility, but can't find a similar rating on any other aircraft for seats next to the door.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
It seems to be an aircraft with little to recommend any of the seats in preference to the others so I guess they are left with only the small details.

There are occasions where picking a seat to allow rapid exit on landing is important so I guess it is a valid reason for making it 'preferred' even if it has nothing else to commend it.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: AA PLT
Remember FEBO........errrrr, never mind
Old Oct 6, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
Are they the "safest" seats?

Not likely a reason for AA's rating--but I remember that when Am Connection served our airport with small planes (admittedly considerably smaller than the AT7), the back two rows were always favored by first responders and others versed in accidents and survival who thought those were the safest seats. They held that data supported their choice.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
Row 17 really are preferred seats on the AT7. On Eagle/Executive routes out of SJU, these are the preferred seats for FAs who often boot pax out and ask them to "choose another seat."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.