Chef Chomps a 15 lb. Hamburger!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:45 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Post Chef Chomps a 15 lb. Hamburger!

Story here.

I love burgers...and this one looks pretty good...but 15#'s??
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:39 am
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
Damn!
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:45 am

Programs: Credit Cards
one of these days I'll grow enough cojones to finally make it out to Denny's Beer Barrel Pub.

I've been planning to go since the largest burger they had was a 9 pounder.

--Russ
Old Oct 20, 2008, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
The Beer Barrel Belly Bruiser includes a bun, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onions, mild banana peppers and a cup each () of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard and relish.
My question: will they do a special prep? I don't like banana peppers, nor relish or tomatoes on burgers. And I couldn't come close to trying if the mustard was on there in equal proportion.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
I hope he bought plenty of reading material for, what will no doubt be, a rather lengthy morning constiutional the next day !
Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Constitutional? War and Peace.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
My question: will they do a special prep? I don't like banana peppers, nor relish or tomatoes on burgers. And I couldn't come close to trying if the mustard was on there in equal proportion.
I belive they do... I remember when I called them about the 9'er they told me I have to call a day before when I know I'm coming for sure so they could start prepping it.

We should put a Belly Buster Flyer Talk DO/Road Trip together for this and see how many FT'ers it'll take to chow down a 15lb burger... sure we won't win anything but we'd have fun doing it... would put the In-N-Out/Five Guys DO's to shame, lol

Too bad there's no major airports around Clearfield, PA

--Russ
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
We should put a Belly Buster Flyer Talk DO/Road Trip together for this and see how many FT'ers it'll take to chow down a 15lb burger... sure we won't win anything but we'd have fun doing it.
Hey, I'd be up for this. And depending on how many FT'ers we get, we could order X number of burgers.

I'm thinking 4 or so per burger?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula
There is a Travel Channel special that shows them making a burger for a football team, as large as a table... we can just get one of those!

--Russ
Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
We should put a Belly Buster Flyer Talk DO/Road Trip together for this and see how many FT'ers it'll take to chow down a 15lb burger... sure we won't win anything but we'd have fun doing it... would put the In-N-Out/Five Guys DO's to shame, lol

Too bad there's no major airports around Clearfield, PA

--Russ
Hey, I'd be up for this. And depending on how many FT'ers we get, we could order X number of burgers.

Sounds like fun!

I'd be willing to split one maybe... depends if the UG clears (Y has really no food... so could be real hungry!!! )
Old Oct 20, 2008, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Sounds like fun!

I'd be willing to split one maybe... depends if the UG clears (Y has really no food... so could be real hungry!!! )
Split a 15 pound burger between the two of us??

You're a better man than I.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
As long as the mayo can be replaced with something more palatable . . .
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Split a 15 pound burger between the two of us??

You're a better man than I.

Originally Posted by icurhere2
As long as the mayo can be replaced with something more palatable . . .
I have an aversion to tomatoes unfortunately- I love salsa, but can't stand raw tomatoes... have to remove them if on a sandwich or burger- go figure...
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:24 pm

Talking

haha... whoa! hold up people... no mayo, no tomatos... before you know it we'll be having a plain veggie burger with no bun to satisfy each and every person individually!

all kidding aside I'd be more than willing to stuff my SUV with people from the NYC area and make the 5 hour trek! I think its about the same distance from Buffalo, Rochester, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Cleveland as NYC (considering not all places have a direct shot via the interstate even if lesser mileage is involved)

If there is enough interest I know I could get a great deal on a rental of one of these: 10 passenger Limo Van or better yet, one of these: 15 passenger Executive Van... except the later one doesn't have a TV/DVD for the necessary entertainment on such a long ride.

--Russ
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
haha... whoa! hold up people... no mayo, no tomatos... before you know it we'll be having a plain veggie burger with no bun to satisfy each and every person individually!

all kidding aside I'd be more than willing to stuff my SUV with people from the NYC area and make the 5 hour trek! I think its about the same distance from Buffalo, Rochester, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Cleveland as NYC (considering not all places have a direct shot via the interstate even if lesser mileage is involved)

If there is enough interest I know I could get a great deal on a rental of one of these: 10 passenger Limo Van or better yet, one of these: 15 passenger Executive Van... except the later one doesn't have a TV/DVD for the necessary entertainment on such a long ride.

--Russ
The trip there might be fine, but think of the trip back home!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.