Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

1st flight cxld, 2nd flight UG list manipulated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:05 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!

This morning, 40 minutes before departure I got a call on my cell phone that the first flight was cxld (mechanical reasons) Called the local airport (no bus this time to MSP as is often common, so I said I would drive to MSP) and called the PE phone line to check options (no other options besides a later flight or drive to MSP - also told PE line I would drive). For those not in the know, with only carry on at a VERY small airport and OLCI, you only need to be at the gate/security (one and the same) 20 minutes before departure.

Drove to MSP, arrived at the gate just after F had been called for boarding. When my BP was scanned, it beeped – I had been moved to the evening flight and my F seat for this flight (upgraded 5 days ago) had been given away. Needless to say, my heart sank. I would not have DRIVEN 2-1/2 hours if I were going to take the later flight!

The GA’s talked and one did a lot of typing into the computer. Long story short, he downgraded someone already in F. Then when the other GA realized what he was doing, she said another person should be downgraded – an employee in training (EIT) who had somehow been UG’d as an "elite". She told the other GA that another employee must have wanted to give this woman an UG but if you look closely at her reservation, she was in fact not elite, just an EIT. Kudos for the GA’s in downgrading this person.

Two strikes against NW for continuing to have mechanical cxl with the SAAB’s (third time for me this year), and for allowing a system whereby an employee can manipulate the UG list to their friends’ benefit (and the GA allow it with at least 4 others on the standby list).

John
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:17 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Send a TTU John ^
Old Nov 3, 2008, 2:20 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Have been back and forth a bit on this with NW. They finally understood what I was saying about the upgrade list being manipulated (at first their response was "You were not at the gate 30 minutes before departure" <I was>, "therefore your seat was given to a NW employee" even though there were four other elites waiting for an upgrade.)

They ended the Email:

"We appreciate your continued support of Northwest/Delta Air lines."

Soon it will just say "Delta Air lines" (not sure why they put the space in there!).
Old Nov 3, 2008, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fti
Soon it will just say "Delta Air lines" (not sure why they put the space in there!).
Because the official name of the airline is Delta Air Lines, three words.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.