Search

DL web woes in National media

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2008, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
DL web woes in National media

Nice job Chris Elliott to expose Delta's problems

"Allen, who works for an electronics company in Lowell, Massachusetts, was trying to book a ticket from Manchester, New Hampshire, to Little Rock, Arkansas, on Delta Air Lines' site. He found a great deal -- $251 round trip -- and then clicked the "buy" button.

Complaints about these bait-and-switch fares are becoming increasingly common, but Delta's site gets more than its fair share, according to Phoenix-based aviation consultant Roy Rosales. "Delta's site seems like the worst," he says. "After entering all information and credit card numbers, sometimes you'll get the, 'Oh, it just sold out!' message. Seems to be a limitation with its reservation system."

(I asked Delta about its reservations system. Although it acknowledged my e-mail, it did not answer my question.)"
Old Oct 28, 2008, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
This has happened to me to, on several international flights. Between the 1 minute it took me to find the flights and try to purchase them (all details were save under my account), the fare bucket had disappeared!

A call to SMS, which somehow went to India resulted in telling me "Sorry, no more inventory in that fare bucket". As a long-time AA Executive Plat (Delta Plat), a call to AA would usually get them to honor the fare. No so, with Delta.

Delta should at least pull the fare category during the time you are trying to purchase the ticket. Put a timer on it (a la Ticketmaster). If you do not consumate the purchase in say, 3 minutes, release back for all to access.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by CVCONDE
This has happened to me to, on several international flights. Between the 1 minute it took me to find the flights and try to purchase them (all details were save under my account), the fare bucket had disappeared!

A call to SMS, which somehow went to India resulted in telling me "Sorry, no more inventory in that fare bucket". As a long-time AA Executive Plat (Delta Plat), a call to AA would usually get them to honor the fare. No so, with Delta.

Delta should at least pull the fare category during the time you are trying to purchase the ticket. Put a timer on it (a la Ticketmaster). If you do not consumate the purchase in say, 3 minutes, release back for all to access.
I think AA.COM does temp hold the fare bucket and seat selection.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by zman
I think AA.COM does temp hold the fare bucket and seat selection.
As should any good ticketing system. A three minute hold is not asking much. They could even put a count down clock on the screen for that matter.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:41 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I have had this problem as well, except when I check back a couple hours later it still says the lower fare is available. I try to buy it and it gives me the "just sold out" message again.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 7:35 am

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
I have had this problem as well, except when I check back a couple hours later it still says the lower fare is available. I try to buy it and it gives me the "just sold out" message again.
This is what makes it a bait and switch....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.