Secret or Unpublished Award Programs for 5 Star Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2008, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club

Are there any?

I know Ritz Carlton has "Prestige" Awards available through Diners Club and some other venues. Does Four Seasons, MO, Peninsula, or any of the others offer such a thing?

Are there any hidden VIP or frequent guest membership programs at any of these 5* brands?

Yes I know LHW and Starwood offer this...I am talking more specifically about the brands I mentioned above.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:37 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Four Seasons has a elite designation for their best clients; they are known as Profile Clients.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there are unpublished offerings of benefits/status, not points/awards.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Other useful threads

Undocumented guest recognition programs @ luxury chains
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660229
Old Nov 13, 2008, 5:01 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by DavidO
Four Seasons has a elite designation for their best clients; they are known as Profile Clients.
Apparently there are quite a few on this board who enjoy this status....
Old Nov 14, 2008, 6:47 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Very interesting. I assume that its like Phi Beta Kappa where you don't pick them, but they pick you. Out of curiosity, as I dont think I fit into the best client profile, is the profile client designation done by property? Total annual spend? Manager nomination? Other targeting? Would be interested to know.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
It's a secret silly. Remember, they can pick you but they can't tell you.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 9:46 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Million Miler
Originally Posted by trojanman
Are there any?

I know Ritz Carlton has "Prestige" Awards available through Diners Club and some other venues. Does Four Seasons, MO, Peninsula, or any of the others offer such a thing?

Are there any hidden VIP or frequent guest membership programs at any of these 5* brands?

Yes I know LHW and Starwood offer this...I am talking more specifically about the brands I mentioned above.
I know that Four Seasons increases their recognition of me the more times I stay. I believe they and Ritz keep detailed records of their guests and informally reward loyalty.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Is it tracked accross the chain or property by property?
Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:40 am

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Just curious---my wife and I both travel a fair amount together, with reservations sometimes in my name and sometimes in hers. Does/can Four Seasons or whatever program track our joint stay record, or do we each stand/fall (in terms of becoming Profile Clients) on our separate reservations? Thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 1:55 pm

Also, is there any distinction between personal and business travel?

Also, do they tell you when you become a profile client. I am assuming that if you dont know you are not
Old Nov 14, 2008, 7:58 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mktozd
Also, is there any distinction between personal and business travel?

Also, do they tell you when you become a profile client. I am assuming that if you dont know you are not
I think it is called that because when you reach that level, they ask you to fill out a personal profile online, so in that case you would know.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 8:14 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Four Seasons Profile Guests do know that they have this status. They receive a Profile ID (usually some variation of their name - much more personalized than a typical frequent guest number) that can be provided when making reservations at a FS property.

Being a Profile Guest is one criterion the property uses in selecting which guests receive upgrades upon check-in (assuming there are less available rooms to upgrade into than guests who want those upgrades).
Old Nov 15, 2008, 6:29 am

Four Seasons Profile Guests do know that they have this status. They receive a Profile ID (usually some variation of their name - much more personalized than a typical frequent guest number) that can be provided when making reservations at a FS property.

Being a Profile Guest is one criterion the property uses in selecting which guests receive upgrades upon check-in (assuming there are less available rooms to upgrade into than guests who want those upgrades).
At the very top end, the best way to be recognised is to know the GM and always book through him/her. This almost inevitably guarantees certain privileges, especially if you are a return guest. Of course, not all GMs interact with their guests, but then those are the sort of hotels we avoid, no?
Old Nov 15, 2008, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by jgold
Just curious---my wife and I both travel a fair amount together, with reservations sometimes in my name and sometimes in hers. Does/can Four Seasons or whatever program track our joint stay record, or do we each stand/fall (in terms of becoming Profile Clients) on our separate reservations? Thanks.
Our experience with this same situation is no, they don't have the ability or willingness to associate his name and my name.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:39 am

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Originally Posted by climbermom
Our experience with this same situation is no, they don't have the ability or willingness to associate his name and my name.
Thanks Climbermom. This issue, for us, is compounded by the fact that my wife and I have different last names.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.