Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount off any hotel, worldwide, via HotelClub.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Discount off any hotel, worldwide, via HotelClub.com

I found this promotion on RetailMeNot yesterday and I thought I'd share it with you. A reader of my website shared a similar coupon with me, which was targeted to Thai Airways users, but this one is open to the general public. This is a great value no matter which way you slice it.

If you look past the fact that this site uses the archaic voucher system, there are incredible savings to be had:

Simply create an account using the following link and recieve $50 in your account upon sign-up:

http://www.hotelclub.com/us50

Update 12/10: This above URL has now been changed to a mere $20.

The latest promotion is for a mere $30 USD and can be found here.

Enjoy.

Last edited by roadtripman; Jan 2, 2009 at 4:28 pm Reason: offer updated
Old Nov 14, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: Alitalia Millemiglia , Lufthansa Miles & More; Starwood preferred guest Gold; Amex Membership reward
Thank you sir!
Great deal.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 3:47 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by roadtripman
I've tested this, and it works brilliantly. Just don't lose your voucher!
Yes it works, but you better check the offered rates at hotelclub.com with those from other hotel websites. Usually their rates are higher then elsewhere so the 50$ might sometimes not be enough to get you the best rate for your choosen hotel
Old Nov 14, 2008, 3:54 pm

Programs: S*A Gold, Marriott Gold, PC Plat
Agreed oslich, Priceline usually works out better for me.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 4:11 pm

This is a very good one, thank you roadtripman Anyway, hotelclub is being generous these days. Visit http://www.hotelclub.com/christmas2008.asp for 30$ or http://www.hotelclub.co.uk/tube/ and get £25.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by tmhwk
This is a very good one, thank you roadtripman Anyway, hotelclub is being generous these days. Visit http://www.hotelclub.com/christmas2008.asp for 30$ or http://www.hotelclub.co.uk/tube/ and get £25.
Um, the Christmas dollars expire on 10 December - I'm not a member, so do they have to be redeemed by then or used (for a hotel stay) by then?
Old Nov 14, 2008, 4:31 pm

You have to book by that date but the stay can be next year, for example.

Originally Posted by icurhere2
Um, the Christmas dollars expire on 10 December - I'm not a member, so do they have to be redeemed by then or used (for a hotel stay) by then?
Old Nov 14, 2008, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olisch
Yes it works, but you better check the offered rates at hotelclub.com with those from other hotel websites. Usually their rates are higher then elsewhere so the 50$ might sometimes not be enough to get you the best rate for your choosen hotel
I think that goes without saying. I hope no one is errant enough to assume that HotelClub will have the lowest rate, guaranteed! But, I used the coupon to knock $50 off of a $49.75 room in London, making it free. Hard for any website to beat that!

Originally Posted by icurhere2
I booked my stay for April 2009, and it worked just fine. Just don't sit on the coupon - secure your stay now, for whenever.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by olisch
I found some decent deals I used for BRGs, but $50 is a good option as well. Thanks OP
Old Nov 14, 2008, 6:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
One note. You will be socked with an credit card international exchange fee since the rooms are booked through Australia. HotelClub.com is owned by Orbitz and United States accomodations are actually booked by Orbitz, not HotelClub. On my recent mid-October trip to Miami, I abused the http://www.hotelclub.co.uk/tube/ and get £25 ($49) promo by booking one room, per night, per email address. I did it 15 times for 5 nights, 3 rooms each night staying at The President Hotel in Miami Beach for $40 per night room rate after the $49 was deducted. I was charged $1.56 per room, per night Visa international fee on top of the $52 I paid per night ($52 included all taxes and fees of an $89 rate less $49 promo). The hotel made us re-key each morning and re-register but that took all of about 2 minutes per person. We were never asked for "vouchers" of any kind, even though I had them. I saw the paperwork and everything said Orbitz, not HotelClub, also. Other than it being pre-paid, nothing was asked of me except why I booked one night at a time which I explained and was given a thumps up by the clerk for getting a good deal.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Skymiles
Thanks OP. Just booked the closest motel to our favorite pub on my girlfriend's birthday for free.^
Old Nov 14, 2008, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quite a deal, thanks.

Rates seem to be Orbitz priced -- unsurprisingly, given the ownership. With $50 off, there's a plausible deal for a one-night stay in almost any town.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CalItalian
One note. You will be socked with an credit card international exchange fee since the rooms are booked through Australia. HotelClub.com is owned by Orbitz and United States accomodations are actually booked by Orbitz, not HotelClub. On my recent mid-October trip to Miami, I abused the http://www.hotelclub.co.uk/tube/ and get £25 ($49) promo by booking one room, per night, per email address. I did it 15 times for 5 nights, 3 rooms each night staying at The President Hotel in Miami Beach for $40 per night room rate after the $49 was deducted. I was charged $1.56 per room, per night Visa international fee on top of the $52 I paid per night ($52 included all taxes and fees of an $89 rate less $49 promo). The hotel made us re-key each morning and re-register but that took all of about 2 minutes per person. We were never asked for "vouchers" of any kind, even though I had them. I saw the paperwork and everything said Orbitz, not HotelClub, also. Other than it being pre-paid, nothing was asked of me except why I booked one night at a time which I explained and was given a thumps up by the clerk for getting a good deal.
Thanks for pointing that out, I never thought of that! No problems "abusing" the coupon? I'm tempted to use one coupon per email, but I wouldn't want them to find out and charge my credit card for the difference. Did you use the same check in name each night? It's tempting. I'm going to Europe for three weeks in the spring, and this could save me hundreds of dollars....
Old Nov 14, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by roadtripman
Thanks for pointing that out, I never thought of that! No problems "abusing" the coupon? I'm tempted to use one coupon per email, but I wouldn't want them to find out and charge my credit card for the difference. Did you use the same check in name each night? It's tempting. I'm going to Europe for three weeks in the spring, and this could save me hundreds of dollars....
You can't use more than one promo per email address/account to start. Same check-in name 5 times x 3 different people (3 rooms per night). Same credit card 15 times. I charged it for my friends. Absolutely NO problems.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CalItalian
You can't use more than one promo per email address/account to start. Same check-in name 5 times x 3 different people (3 rooms per night). Same credit card 15 times. I charged it for my friends. Absolutely NO problems.
Tempting, tempting.

I'd probably do it 6-7 times max, alternating between my first and middle names. Different addresses (home and work). Bah, it feels so wrong!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.