Wiki Posts
Search

Watch your e-mails

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Watch your e-mails

I've been getting e-mails from "Hilton" this afternoon that I'm pretty sure are not from Hilton. Some are written in asian characters and some are from Hilton UK. I am based in US. I am getting them about every two hours. Has anybody else gotten these today? Be on the look out!

Halothane
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:35 pm

nope.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Yes I received a couple 50mins ago.

Ccould this be the old Hilton e-mail stuff-up trick of a while back? Multiple e-mails in the wrong language.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Message-ID: <T0TH0530533AC37C30B3CE9BE17DE0.8231.14937.pimaile [email protected]>
X-BFI: T0TH0530533AC37C30B3CE9BE17DE0
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:50:16 EST
From: =?gb2312?B?SGlsdG9uIEhIb25vcnM=?= <[email protected]>
Subject: =?gb2312?B?waK8tNDQtq+jrLGjwfTE+rXEz6O2+7bZyNnT/r/Nu+GjqEhpbHRvbiBISG9ub3Jzo6nVyrunus27/bfW?=
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
I received the strange asian character email in my business account a few minutes ago... Did not click any links on it.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 5:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, OnePass, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold
Just got an email from Hilton with asian characters
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:05 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
My co-worker got one at his business email. He knows Chinese or whatever it was and clicked on the links. They webnt to Hilton sites. One went to Hilton US olympic site and the other two went to HHOnors site.

The email he got was from the email : [email protected]

The email was this

尊敬的
荣誉客会帐号

本函件旨在提醒您,您的荣誉客会帐户即将过期。若想保留有效帐户,您必须在每 12 个月内至少赚取一次荣誉客会积分。否则,您的会籍可能会被取消,且所有积分也将作废。

您是我们的尊贵会员,因此我们希望给您最后一次机会来保留您的帐户和已积累的所有积分。但您必 须于 2009/2/1 之前采取行动,才可通过以下多种便捷方式保留您的荣誉客会帐户和积分:
在全球超过 3,000 家希尔顿集团酒店完成住宿
通过我们的多家合作伙伴赚取积分
在线购买荣誉客会积分
我们希望您能继续享受荣誉客会会籍的所有特权。荣誉客会是唯一一项能让您在同一次住宿中赚取酒店积分和航空 里数的酒店奖励计划,且无日期限制。作为会员,您还可以将荣誉客会积分兑换成激动人心的旅行和商品奖赏,并 在每次入住希尔顿集团酒店时享受额外的照顾和关怀。

若想了解有关荣誉客会帐户的更多信息或预订下一次住宿,请登录 HiltonHHonors.com。

我们热诚期待着您的再次光临。

此致,

Adam Burke
顾客忠诚部资深副总裁

The three links in the email were

http://email.hiltonhhonors.net/T0RH0...6153CE9B634CE0

Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by zachs18
Just got an email from Hilton with asian characters
Please do not call Asians "characters"
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
Links in the Chinese email appear to go to email.hiltonhhonors.net which according to whois appears to have the same admin contacts as hiltonhhonors.com .

As such I think this is probably more of a "wrong email sent" issue rather than a phishing problem.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:49 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by ktremor
My co-worker got one at his business email. He knows Chinese or whatever it was and clicked on the links. They webnt to Hilton sites. One went to Hilton US olympic site and the other two went to HHOnors site.

The email he got was from the email : [email protected]

The email was this

尊敬的
荣誉客会帐号

本函件旨在提醒您,您的荣誉客会帐户即将过期。若想保留有效帐户,您必须在每 12 个月内至少赚取一次荣誉客会积分。否则,您的会籍可能会被取消,且所有积分也将作废。

您是我们的尊贵会员,因此我们希望给您最后一次机会来保留您的帐户和已积累的所有积分。但您必 须于 2009/2/1 之前采取行动,才可通过以下多种便捷方式保留您的荣誉客会帐户和积分:
在全球超过 3,000 家希尔顿集团酒店完成住宿
通过我们的多家合作伙伴赚取积分
在线购买荣誉客会积分
我们希望您能继续享受荣誉客会会籍的所有特权。荣誉客会是唯一一项能让您在同一次住宿中赚取酒店积分和航空 里数的酒店奖励计划,且无日期限制。作为会员,您还可以将荣誉客会积分兑换成激动人心的旅行和商品奖赏,并 在每次入住希尔顿集团酒店时享受额外的照顾和关怀。

若想了解有关荣誉客会帐户的更多信息或预订下一次住宿,请登录 HiltonHHonors.com。

我们热诚期待着您的再次光临。

此致,

Adam Burke
顾客忠诚部资深副总裁

The three links in the email were

I got one that looked like this - not necessarily asian characters.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by ktremor
My co-worker got one at his business email. He knows Chinese or whatever it was and clicked on the links. ...
尊敬的
荣誉客会帐号 ....
Letting Babelfish have it's way with that I guess it's basiclly a reminded not to let one's account expire due to inactivity:
The respect honor guest pays the bill the number This letters are for the purpose of reminding you, your honor guest meet the account soon expired. If wants to retain the effective account, you must earn a time honor guest in every 12 months to meet the integral at least. Otherwise, your membership will possibly be cancelled, and all integrals will also become invalid. You are our honored member, therefore we hoped that the last opportunity retains your account for you and already all integrals which accumulates. But you must before 2009/2/1 takes the action, only then may retain you through below many kinds of convenient ways the honor guest to meet the account and the integral: Surpasses 3,000 Hilton group hotel in the whole world to complete the lodging to earn the integral online purchase honor guest through ours many partner to meet the integral we to hope that you can continue to enjoy the honor guest to meet the membership all privileges. The honor guest can be the only item can let you earn the hotel integral and the aviation mileage hotel award scheme in the identical lodging, and non-date constraint. As the member, you may also meet the honor guest the integral to exchange the exciting travel and the commodity reward, and when each time is moving in the Hilton group hotel enjoys the extra attendance and the concern. If wants to understand that the related honor guest meets the account more information or the reservation next lodging, please register HiltonHHonors.com. We are anticipating your presence sincerely once more. I herewith offer, President Adam Burke customer loyal senior vice-
Old Nov 17, 2008, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I got the "Asian email" too. If it's about account expiration, it's a bit odd because my account is currently very active.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 8:58 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by halothane
I've been getting e-mails from "Hilton" this afternoon that I'm pretty sure are not from Hilton. Some are written in asian characters and some are from Hilton UK. I am based in US. I am getting them about every two hours. Has anybody else gotten these today? Be on the look out!
I received one also, but not in Asian characters...

...rather, characters that look like this:
立即行动,保留您的希尔顿荣誉客会(Hilton HHonors)帐户和积分
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, I got the "Asian email" too. If it's about account expiration, it's a bit odd because my account is currently very active.
same here. my account is about a month old, and i've had very recent activity.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
I got the yellow fever too...
Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Suggestion to the OP: Instead of a vague thread title like "Watch your e-mails," you really ought to create something more descriptive.

See the FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules here:

www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q63

Make thread titles as specific and descriptive as possible. Sometimes posters will start a thread with a very general title such as, "Guess what?" or "Strange airline policy". Be as helpful as possible in your thread titles, and if you want to improve or change your thread's title after you create it, ask a moderator in that forum for help.
I thought the OP was commanding us to watch our e-mails for something GOOD -- like a new HHonors offer. Instead, it turns out that some e-mails to a few customers are (apparently) being misdirected.

Also, I don't like being "commanded" to do things unless there is a very good reason -- like an emergency, natural disaster, the end of the world, etc. (And I "watch my e-mails" in any case. )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.