Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

MERGED THREADS - CONFIRMED: US Airways Bonus Miles To Return (Retroactive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:35 pm
Company Representative - US Airways
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles

I wanted you all to be among the first to hear about some very good news for Preferred members of the US Airways Dividend Miles Program. Tomorrow morning, US Airways is announcing the reinstatement of Preferred bonus miles and the 500 mile segment minimums for all Preferred members. We’ll be awarding retroactive Preferred bonus miles for flight activity from August 6 through November 19, 2008. We’ll also be retroactively posting segment minimums for flight activity from May 1 through November 19, 2008.

The company will also be announcing that all Dividend Miles members will receive a minimum of 500 miles for each segment flown on US Airways Shuttle. US Airways Shuttle 500 minimum miles accruals will also be retroactively credited for qualifying flights taken between May 1, 2008 and Nov. 19.

We’ll officially announce our updates tomorrow but we want you to hear it first. So spread the word (and if you’re not a DM member yet, come join us!).

Find out more

Thanks for your continued support and for choosing US Airways.

Fern Fernandez,
Director, Marketing Programs, US Airways
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
So with this reinstatement are we going to see the program "enhanced" by upping the mileage required for certain awards the way UA has recently done?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:41 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
While Randy made an great effort, I believe the decision has more to do with CO & UA not following suit and the slower bookings in the recession.

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
^ Randy ^

It worked!
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Wonder if the recent departure of some key persons had anything to do with the new announcement. Too bad for them I alread booked my next 9 flights on AA. Honestly, this would have changed my mind, because now I would have been able to requal. We'll see what Jan and Feb bring, for both me and US!

It is good news - just that it took so long that many people are going to be sore about it. With reason, too.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NY-FLA
So true, about 5 years too late for this ex CP, if even true.
Complete reversal on about 5 other fronts + a complete culture change would be needed to draw me back.
They can do all that, plus add back their F and J seats, and I will still fly US only on DM miles. After they are gone, I am gone.

Way too many other options and entirely better run airlines out there.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
This is one small step in the right direction

Originally Posted by jimmychang
It's true but I agree it will take a lot more for US to win back customer loyalty.
https://wings.usairways.com/uswings
This is one small step in the right direction..... Better than the giant leaps they have been making in the wrong direction.

This could be a ploy to get more people back on their planes to buy those $2 cokes and $7 beers. I truly do not see any additional F seats being added in the near future....
Old Nov 19, 2008, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List
I'm happy as can be for those of you who stuck it out, but this (long overdue) step just restores the status quo ante. That status quo was pretty bad -- bad enough to send me and lots of others running to other, better programs.

This all reminds me of a professor friend of mine who always got top student ratings by one simple method: His syllabus required five research papers, but he always "canceled" two of them out of "sympathy" for his poor, overworked students. He still got three papers out of them (much harder work than I ever did, even in grad school), and they practically ate out of his hand for the "leniency" he showed in canceling the other two.

It was a win-win situation for them: he got more work out of them, while they got a better education and were grateful for the "break."

It is NOT necessarily a win-win situation with US: they may retain more customers, but the status quo ante (plus a few delightful "enhancements") will (absent further back-tracking) still kill the airline in the long run, because demoralized personnel + inferior product = dissatisfied customers = fewer customers = liquidation.

Good luck.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS, AA, WN
http://www.azcentral.com/business/ar...rways1120.html
Old Nov 19, 2008, 10:53 pm

Preferred bonuses and segment minimums return

I wanted you all to be among the first to hear about some very good news for Preferred members of the US Airways Dividend Miles Program. Tomorrow morning, US Airways is announcing the reinstatement of Preferred bonus miles and the 500 mile segment minimums for all Preferred members. We’ll be awarding retroactive Preferred bonus miles for flight activity from August 6 through November 19, 2008. We’ll also be retroactively posting segment minimums for flight activity from May 1 through November 19, 2008.

The company will also be announcing that all Dividend Miles members will receive a minimum of 500 miles for each segment flown on US Airways Shuttle. US Airways Shuttle 500 minimum miles accruals will also be retroactively credited for qualifying flights taken between May 1, 2008 and Nov. 19.

We’ll officially announce our updates tomorrow but we want you to hear it first. So spread the word (and if you’re not a DM member yet, come join us!). Find out more.

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...its.aspx?c=eml

Thanks for your continued support and for choosing US Airways.

Fern Fernandez,
Director, Marketing Programs, US Airways
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
It will help stop some of the bleeding... But a lot of damage has already been done.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Well this is good news and retroactively awarding segment minimums and preferred bonus miles is a very nice touch!! ^
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:33 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I forgot that preferred bonuses don't count towards status. I still need to take a flight soon. Maybe a PHX-LAS run now that it'll be 1000 R/T. I'm 54 miles away from maintaining silver.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 12:34 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by Oxb
So, did something show up on the spreadsheets at the sandcastle?
BINGO!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by jucundus
I'm happy as can be for those of you who stuck it out, but this (long overdue) step just restores the status quo ante. That status quo was pretty bad -- bad enough to send me and lots of others running to other, better programs.
Sort of makes you wonder where the phrase: "The beatings will continue until morale improves" came from.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 12:50 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by jucundus
It sucks, I'd love to leave. And Delta has my interest. Problem is I like non-stops from PHX where UA doesn't cover and I like *A awards which rules out WN.

I'll take my 500 minimums and gladly connect once in a while through LAS (that's about the only domestic connection I will regularly put up with) for the extra grand. I'm a lowly SP and that 500 min alone can mean the difference between me retaining SP or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.