Wiki Posts
Search

Checkin at -24:00 Trick

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR
Checkin at -24:00 Trick

When you go to print a boarding pass and you are early, there is a little clock in the lower right hand corner giving you the official SWA time - here's a picture - I knew I had 18 seconds to go before my 1:00 PM check in time. I just kept hitting F5 (refresh) until I got the Available Boarding Pass screen and snagged A19 for tomorrow's ELP-DAL flight.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:36 pm

Programs: WN CP
Seek therapy quickly! You've crossed the FT junkie line!
Originally Posted by Appletom
Only FT junkies would spend inordinate amounts of time and indulge in massive research to discover the absolute second to check in online. I mean really, being off by two seconds might be the difference between A1 and A3 - or worse - A6
What a difference a year (and Business Select and A-List ) makes!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Talk about boomerang karma swooping around to whack you in the back of the head! Post of the day, CC!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 2:17 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
LOL at CC. Good catch.

Anyone know a way to get the Southwest clock without a valid boarding pass? IE some other page that shows it so it can be fetched programatically for syncing?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by pitflyer
Anyone know a way to get the Southwest clock without a valid boarding pass?
http://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/selectBoardingPass

Keep in mind that SAAS is not synchronized with Southwest Standard Time, so OLCI may not work at the expected exact second (or minute, even).
Old Nov 20, 2008, 3:10 pm

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
Cool tip. ^ I've never noticed that time stamp. I never knew you could just refresh either. I always backed up and went back in again.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 6:29 pm

When you go to print a boarding pass and you are early, there is a little clock in the lower right hand corner giving you the official SWA time - here's a picture - I knew I had 18 seconds to go before my 1:00 PM check in time. I just kept hitting F5 (refresh) until I got the Available Boarding Pass screen and snagged A19 for tomorrow's ELP-DAL flight.
Except when the clock is showing T - 23:50 and still stays you are too early
Old Nov 21, 2008, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
Seek therapy quickly! You've crossed the FT junkie line!
LOL - Proud to be here.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 8:08 am

LOL - Proud to be here.
The first step is admitting you have a problem, my friend.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 1:41 pm

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
As an extra data point, that little clock seems pretty accurate. I was five seconds early (according to the clock) waited five seconds and got my BP.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 2:41 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Mid-day today the time reported by the southwest.com error message was running about two seconds fast compared to what was reported by the Atomic Clock Sync free utility. (Yes, this program has advantages over what WinDoze does automatically. I haven't used the one mentioned earlier in this thread, so I can't speak to that.)

Lately it seems the SAAS/Southwest Standard Time synchronization issue cited by curbcrusher has been virtually eliminated, but that is just from my own experiences.

If Appletom is referring to hitting refresh after using the Check In and Print Boarding Pass page, note that the FAQ has a better suggestion. Refreshing after using the form on southwest.com usually triggers a "resend?" confirmation dialog box, an extra step that is not necessary with the technique described in the FAQ.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 6:14 am

Programs: LT Platinum Marriott/Starwood; Exec Plat AA; LT Plat AA
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
What a difference a year (and Business Select and A-List ) makes!
Amen. BS fares got me flying SWA again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.