Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Donate to St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital and get up to 3000 points

Old Dec 3, 2008, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Just got an email:

This holiday season, “Give thanks for the healthy kids in your life, and give to those who are not.” Sign up as a Partner In Hope®* during the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® Thanks and Giving® campaign. With each monthly donation you make over the next 12 months, you’ll earn 250 Hilton HHonors bonus points, for a maximum of 3,000.

Thanks and Giving began as a holiday-focused fundraising effort and has grown into an annual tradition that families look forward to each year. It is an unprecedented coming together of celebrities, media, retail and corporate partners. During this unique national campaign, everyone can help raise funds that are vital to the research and treatment taking place at St. Jude.

Hospitality means helping others, and always with a smile. That’s why Hilton HHonors and St. Jude make such an inspiring partnership. As a proud sponsor of this great cause, Hilton HHonors, the only guest loyalty program to offer Points & Miles® and No Blackout Dates, thanks you for helping to support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Your generosity enables St. Jude to continue its lifesaving work of finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic illnesses. It is hard to think of a more noble reward.
http://www.tg.stjude.org/donate.shtm...Src=en||Hilton

Fine print:
*St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Partner In Hope pledges are ongoing and can be stopped at any point.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Offer valid for HHonors members who register at www.stjude.org/HHonors during the 2008 Thanks and Giving campaign between November 6 and December 31, 2008. Participants earn 250 bonus points per month for each automatic monthly donation for up to 12 months between November 2008 and October 2009, which totals 3,000 bonus points after 12 monthly donations. 1,000 additional bonus points can be earned after the 12th consecutive month of donation. Participants must give in all 12 months consecutively to qualify for 1,000 point bonus. One monthly bonus per account. Offer subject to terminate at any time. Hilton HHonors® membership, earning of Points & Miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

Last edited by OneFlyGuy; Dec 3, 2008 at 4:25 pm Reason: more info
Old Dec 3, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OneFlyGuy
Got the email as well and went through and made the donation - $1 per month works, so a pretty good deal and good cause
Old Dec 3, 2008, 4:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
In the fine print:

1,000 additional bonus points can be earned after the
12th consecutive month of donation. Participants must give in
all 12 months consecutively to qualify for 1,000 point bonus.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

I added the fine print to the initial post.. and yeah it seems like we're too late to earn that extra 1000 point bonus because this started in Nov and ends in Oct 09.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 4:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
My mistake. Looks like I skimmed over it a bit too fast. Wish Hilton would have sent the email out last week.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Under the terms and conditions on St. Jude's site, it says that the propmtion last through 12/09, not 10/09, so we should be eligible for the 1000 point bonus for 12 consecutive months of donating.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 7:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
St Jude's is a good cause, and this promo is almost a no brainer, especially to those that may be in risk of losing points for lack of activity.

With this promo you can guarantee Hhonors activity for the next 12 months for say $1 a month, and keep Hhonors points alive for 2 years, while at the same time helping out a good cause.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 8:14 am

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
I responded, and am giving via a credit card for the next 12 months. The donation went through, and I got an e-mail receipt from St Jude, but there is no where in the donation application where I can put my HH number.

I am glad to give St. Jude Hospital the $$$ - it is a great charity - but how do I get the miles?

DD
Old Dec 4, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy
I responded, and am giving via a credit card for the next 12 months. The donation went through, and I got an e-mail receipt from St Jude, but there is no where in the donation application where I can put my HH number.

I am glad to give St. Jude Hospital the $$$ - it is a great charity - but how do I get the miles?

DD
Not sure about the miles, but there was a place to enter a HH # on the 1st page of the link above...

Sounds like a great deal for a good cause.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know how long it takes for HH points to post? Can't seem to find it in the T&C's. Also, is it possible to set up a CC for auto payment for 12 months exactly, no longer and no shorter?

Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
"Sounds like a great deal for a good cause."

I agree--good deal (even if relatively few points) for a very good cause.

Out of the blue I received an email solicitation for another medical charity today less than 24 hours after signing up for these contributions--a bit of an odd coincidence, in that for all of the unsolicited emails I get (most of which are spam filtered) this may be the first from an apparently legitimate medical charity. Hope and assume St. J's isn't sharing/selling the email addresses, and that this is just a coincidence.

I don't want my noting this to discourage other potential contributors, so unless you see some follow-up from me (or I suppose others) on this assume that it was just a coincidence.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
I went back to the donation site, and still do not see any place to put my HH #. I got an e-mail from Hilton, with the site embedded, and that is where I went.

Any suggestions?

DD
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:51 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
There is a place to enter your HH # on the first page you land on from the link. It is a Flash page so maybe you do not have Flash installed on your computer? Can't copy & paste it, but the URL is [URL=http://www.tg.stjude.org/donate.shtml?tPath=HH&tngsourcecode=THWHILTDO09&si teSrc=en||Hilton[/URL]
Old Dec 4, 2008, 12:09 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Good organization. ^

I don't know what the cost is that St. Jude had to pay HHonors for the points, or what their costs are to process a donation, but I'd suggest that $1.00/month might be lower than their costs and might actually therefore be a net loss to the cause.

Anybody have an informed idea about what a monthly "break even" donation threshold might be in this regard?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I still miss those 10K HH points "Virtual" walks benefiting the (breast cancer?) foundation.... Oh the memories....

The cause is good but hardly worth doing for the points unless one has them expiring due to inactivity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.