Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico, opened Nov 2008

St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico, opened Nov 2008

Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico, opened Nov 2008

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/051219/20051219005508.html?.v=1

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Continues to Expand Globally with Second New Property in Latin America
Monday December 19, 10:00 am ET
St. Regis Resort, Punta Mita to Open in 2007

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 19, 2005--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News) announced today a joint venture agreement to build a new St. Regis Resort in Punta Mita, Mexico. Scheduled to open in late 2007, the new ultra-luxe resort is being developed by Ideurban Consultores, one of Mexico's largest private development and construction companies and DINE, master developer of Punta Mita. St. Regis Resort, Punta Mita will be the brand's second property in Mexico, opening shortly after the St. Regis Hotel, Mexico City also set to debut in 2007.

Located 35 miles northwest of Puerto Vallarta on the Pacific Ocean surrounded by white sand beaches, spectacular ocean views and lush tropical landscape, St. Regis Resort, Punta Mita will feature 120 magnificently appointed guest rooms and suites each with its own outside shower, and approximately 65 luxury villas for both fractional and whole ownership. The resort will offer signature services for which the St. Regis brand is renowned worldwide including its trademark butler service, world-class concierge, exquisite design, and a magnificent spa.

The highly-anticipated resort will include Punta Mita's second Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course with greens meandering through the resort grounds, a 10,000 square foot spa and fitness center, two full-service restaurants, and a Beach Club with a pool grill and bar. The resort will also offer 7,000 square feet of meeting and function space, ideal for a corporate retreat or a wedding celebration.

"There are few resort destinations in the world that combine the prestige, vision and raw natural beauty of Punta Mita," said Kerry Hatch, president of St. Regis Hotels & Resorts. "This is truly one of the world's most exquisite enclaves and an ideal location for a St. Regis resort."

"We are very proud to bring the addition of this exclusive hotel to Starwood's portfolio, this is a great year for Starwood Latin America Division and we are very pleased to have such strong plans for the development of the brand in the region," said Osvaldo Librizzi, President of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Latin America.

Punta Mita is an innovative, master planned resort and residential community covering more than 1,500 acres on a spear-shaped peninsula, surrounded on three sides by white sand beaches, Pacific Ocean waters and lush tropical flora. The resort is a gated, low-density development and has been planned and designed in accordance with the highest quality of international real estate development and environmental standards. The master plan of Punta Mita calls for a variety of exclusive residential offerings and estate lots, a total of three championship golf courses plus a tennis center, beach clubs, spa and wellness center, yacht pier, and a small commercial village.

St. Regis Hotels & Resorts includes the most celebrated properties in the world. Founded by John Jacob Astor with landmark St. Regis Hotel, New York over a century ago, the company will unveil highly anticipated St. Regis properties in Bora Bora, French Polynesia (2006) Fort Lauderdale (2006), Anguilla (2007), Mexico City (2007), Singapore (2007), Atlanta (2008) Bal Harbour, FL (2008) and Deer Valley, UT (2008) that will further enhance the brand's legacy. Personalized service and amenities, enviable locations and luxuriously localized design are recognized worldwide as hallmarks of the St. Regis experience. For more information on St. Regis Hotels & Resorts, please visit www.stregis.com.

Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Last edited by A320 EOW; Dec 19, 2005 at 3:25 pm Reason: Added link to press release
Old Jul 27, 2007, 1:54 pm

When will this hotel open?

Any ideas how it will compare to the Four Seasons?
Old Jul 27, 2007, 5:59 pm

Based on the construction I saw in May and the predictions of the real estate agents in Punta Mita, the hotel will open next summer. The property looks to be much more intimate than the Four Seasons and is located next to the Four Seasons golf club (which will be renamed the Punta Mita Golf Club). The hotel is set among residential developments and the views from the rooms are going to be spectacular.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
FYI for anyone who ends up staying at the St. R, there's a very nice, quiet little town called San Pancho a short drive from Punta Mita, with some nice shops and great restaurants. Its beach is beautiful but the surf along most of the beach is too rough for swimming. Ironically, this is how the town remains charming--some expat Americans own and rent out some nice houses there, but unlike nearby (and overcrowded) Sayulita the lack of a swimming beach means that it's not a big tourist area.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Opening Date?

The web site still calls for a 2007 opening...anyone have any recent information? Any chance they participate in SPG redemption?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
The web site still calls for a 2007 opening...anyone have any recent information? Any chance they participate in SPG redemption?
I'm not a construction expert, but I don't see how that could be the case. In late May, they were still putting up the cinder block walls of the casitas. I would imagine it would take months to finish the structural work and then move on to the furnishings.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
SPG.com now says opening July 1, 2008 but they are not taking reservations yet. When do properties like this normally open the reservation books?

Also, it does not have a SPG Category listed yet, but I assume it will be a 7 if they participate in *point redemptions. When should we expect that information to be announced?
Old Jan 4, 2008, 11:39 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
There's no standard, but I would say that typical is about 2 months prior to opening. I would say that it could range from a couple weeks to 5 months prior.

I expect that they will most likely participate in SPG. You might be right, but I would guess that Cat 6 is a more likely category for this property. For comparison, a standard room at the Four Seasons Punta Mita is $590 during this time of year. They'll probably announce the category at the same time that they start accepting reservations.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Originally Posted by wlciii
SPG.com now says opening July 1, 2008 but they are not taking reservations yet. When do properties like this normally open the reservation books?

Also, it does not have a SPG Category listed yet, but I assume it will be a 7 if they participate in *point redemptions. When should we expect that information to be announced?
I HIGHLY doubt it will be a Cat 7. I can't imagine one in Mexico anywhere. Especially since the SR Aspen is cat 6 and room rates are $2300 in the winter.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 1:07 pm

I disagree that Mexico couldn't pull off a Cat 7, but I don't think that this is it. I think that it would have to be something like Key West's Sunset Key Guest Cottages -- not just basic hotel rooms. Service and amenities would have to be top notch. Cabo could probably pull it off easier than PV, but there's no reason that the marketing folks and developers couldn't put something together.

Standard rooms at the SR Aspen are NOT $2300, though. Unless you're maybe talking about Christmas week or the film festival. (And even then, I'm doubtful but willing to be proven wrong.) Peak skiing in early March has RACK at around $1200. (That's almost $400 more than what it was when I was there in 2005!) And to the SR Aspen's disadvantage, their off-season prices are far less expensive. That's good for us.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by sc flier
I disagree that Mexico couldn't pull off a Cat 7, but I don't think that this is it. I think that it would have to be something like Key West's Sunset Key Guest Cottages -- not just basic hotel rooms. Service and amenities would have to be top notch. Cabo could probably pull it off easier than PV, but there's no reason that the marketing folks and developers couldn't put something together.
Sort of OT here, but a St Regis Los Cabos Hotel & Residences is in the works. ^ (Hopefully, it won't be a Cat7. Sorry, but I don't have any details yet other than that I think it'll probably be close to the Westin.)
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
"Now accepting reservations for arrival on or after October 15, 2008"

I can't believe it... It is a category 7! The lowest rate I found for sporadic dates next winter was $875. So much for that option...
Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:42 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by AKronin
I can't believe it... It is a category 7! The lowest rate I found for sporadic dates next winter was $875. So much for that option...
$955 rack rate so maybe there is an opportunity here for a SPG50? But I guess the hotel will not participate.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:11 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
$955 rack rate so maybe there is an opportunity here for a SPG50? But I guess the hotel will not participate.
They have the SPG50 rate plan loaded. Now, whether or not they have it available for a particular travel date is another matter.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Apr 15, 2008, 11:15 am

Any update? I just booked Thanksgiving weekend, all they have is
$30 less than the rack rate... The website doesn't describe the rooms,
are those bungalows or rooms in a larger building?
I see "ocean view" or "beachfront", regular rooms and junior suites
in both categories... But it doesn't say what junior suite is...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.