Wiki Posts
Search

Flowers for Rep. Sharon Cissna

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Flowers for Rep. Sharon Cissna

I hope the mods don't mind, but I'm going to start a new thread regarding flowers for Rep. Cissna when she arrives back in AK on the ferry tomorrow morning.

Thanks to loops for the contact info:

The number for Miss Scarlet's Flowers is 907-586-1766.

I've just placed an order. They are doing hand-tied bouquets, the average price being $25 - you can do more or less.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: SWA RR A-list
Thumbs up Still possible even if you're reading this at night

As all good travelers know, Alaska is one to three hours behind most of the US, so you've got extra time to call Miss Scarlett's. I didn't think to ask what time they close, but the nice lady I spoke to said she would change her outgoing voicemail at the end of the day. She said it would instruct callers to leave their info on the shop's voicemail, and she would add their orders to the 9AM pickup.

She also said folks could specify a monetary amount to be combined into larger arrangements, so don't feel like you can't call just because ordering your own bouquet would break the budget.

I hope Rep Cissna's chief of staff brings a large vehicle to Miss Scarlett's tomorrow morning!

Thanks to all who made this happen! I'm looking forward to seeing some great pictures online tomorrow.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:17 pm

Awesome, awesome idea. I ordered a bouquet, too.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
When you called, did you give them an address or time to deliver?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
When you called, did you give them an address or time to deliver?
No need, the florist knows all about Michelle picking them up tomorrow morning. Just say they're for Rep. Cissna.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Alright, I'll give them a call right now.. Did you include a card? Perhaps "Thanks from your TS/S FTers" or "Thanks for standing up to the thugs at TSA"
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Alright, I'll give them a call right now.. Did you include a card? Perhaps "Thanks from your TS/S FTers" or "Thanks for standing up to the thugs at TSA"
"Thanks for standing up to the TSA" was what I asked her to put on my card.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I certainly hope her homecoming makes the national news. Anyone out there who can help to make it happen?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:50 pm

Location: Northern California, in the redwoods, on the ocean.
I simply said, "Bravo!"
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Done and done ^ Flowers have been ordered and will be ready for Michelle to pick up

I put "Thanks for standing up to the thugs at TSA" on my card. Thanks, doober!^
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP
She's my representative -- I'm so proud!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by doober
I certainly hope her homecoming makes the national news. Anyone out there who can help to make it happen?
Just spoke with Rep. Cissna's Chief of Staff. She's putting out a press release as we "speak" to ensure the presence of the local news crews and cameras. If we're lucky, the Associated Press will pick up the story and it'll be off and running. I'm sure there's other ways to tip off the National media, but dunno how easy it'll be to get them in position at the ferry in a timely manner I'd LOVE to see Sharon Cissna on the National news, Today show, etc. It'd have to be a "remote" or skype type event of course unless there's a TSA free route to NYC That's a looong trip in a prop plane!

ps thanks doober for starting a new thread for this.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:13 pm

Location: Northern California, in the redwoods, on the ocean.
Totally awesome. I'm so pleased to be part of it. Thanks, doober!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by loops
Just spoke with Rep. Cissna's Chief of Staff. She's putting out a press release as we "speak" to ensure the presence of the local news crews and cameras. If we're lucky, the Associated Press will pick up the story and it'll be off and running. I'm sure there's other ways to tip off the National media, but dunno how easy it'll be to get them in position at the ferry in a timely manner I'd LOVE to see Sharon Cissna on the National news, Today show, etc. It'd have to be a "remote" or skype type event of course unless there's a TSA free route to NYC That's a looong trip in a prop plane!

ps thanks doober for starting a new thread for this.
^

Keeping my fingers crossed to see some articles tomorrow
Old Feb 23, 2011, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doober -- Thank you isn't enough. Mrs Flies & I just added to the quantity of flowers. We also made a donation to the Susan Komen foundation in her name. The flowers will get on the news (we hope), but the donations to the Komen Foundation will send real dollars to breast cancer research.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.