FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the purpose of the BF concierge
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:10 am
belynch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
It is when things go pear-shaped (irrops) that BF concierges are useful.
Permit me to resurrect this thread.

Flying EWR - FRA earlier this week the flight took a mechanical delay right as we finished boarding. Pilot informed us it would be "an hour to an hour and a half" in a best case scenario.

I quietly informed the FA that if we took a 90 minute delay I would miss a train connection in FRA and this would jeopardize my entire (36 hour) trip. She said she would get the concierge for me immediately (who I hadn't seen when I boarded). The concierge comes down, as promised, a few minutes later, and I tell her that I need to find an alternative way to FRA if at all possible, as I can't risk a 90+ minute delay.

She promised me she would research it and would advise.

30 minutes later she comes back and tells me I have no options but that things are "looking good" with the mechanical delay and I should just stick with this flight.

She ended up being correct, and the delay was only about 60 minutes in total which did cause me to miss my train connection (by like 2 minutes) which made me late for my meetings - but the world is still spinning.

The whole experience bothered me. I used to work for a high-end hotel and we were told "you never say no to a customer," I guess I was expecting a higher level of customer service from the "concierge".

And, just for the record, I never saw the concierge in FRA or upon arriving in EWR yesterday. Not that I needed to speak to them either time, but shouldn't they be making themselves a tad bit more accessible to customers?

The program is an absolute joke in my opinion.