Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Status match for BAEC Gold & tel no?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match for BAEC Gold & tel no?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Question Status match for BAEC Gold & tel no?

Will BD match status for a BAEC gold card holder? Is so, what is the best way to apply for this. I tried calling the phone number posted on their website but the number is incorrect!
diamond club enquiries and reservations
telephone 0870 606 9977 (UK) blue members
+44 (0)1332 854274 (outside UK)
fax +44 (0)1623 724099

When I call the 1332 854274, I get a Mastercard verification prompt?

Last edited by satish_ny; Nov 10, 2006 at 5:16 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:38 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by satish_ny
Will BD match status for a BAEC gold card holder? Is so, what is the best way to aplly for this. I tried calling the phone number posted on their website but the number is incorrect!
diamond club enquiries and reservations
telephone 0870 606 9977 (UK) blue members
+44 (0)1332 854274 (outside UK)
fax +44 (0)1623 724099

When I call the 1332 854274, I get a Matercard verification prompt?
They will status match to BD Gold. Faxing a copy of your BA card along with a printout of your statement and a brief letter asking for a status match is generally sufficient for the status match from BA Gold to BD Gold to go through within 7-10 days max.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:42 am
Suspended

After opening a BMI account, send a letter noting your BMI frequent flyer number and requesting a status match along with BA Gold credentials and statement. From the US, fax this to: 011-44-1623-724099 .

There is no point in calling really.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:03 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Alternatively, just e-mail [email protected], and include a screenprint of your BAEC statement.

That worked for me!

Cheers,
Rick
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
The only thing I would state is that it is not worth having BD Gold for the sake of the gold coloured plastic card. If your going to match, make sure you can keep it.

With a little careful planning and a few BD and other *A flights, it's not that hard especially if you are travelling in J (or PE on BD) or above.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
The only thing I would state is that it is not worth having BD Gold for the sake of the gold coloured plastic card. If your going to match, make sure you can keep it.

With a little careful planning and a few BD and other *A flights, it's not that hard especially if you are travelling in J (or PE on BD) or above.
Want to do this for my sister who is flying on SQ in J (AMD-SIN-MEL) & then in F (SYD-SIN-BOM). I thought it might be good for her to have *A status as SQ flights are quite full in that market and if she has any change in plans at the last minute, it is not easy getting a seat.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
They will status match to BD Gold. Faxing a copy of your BA card along with a printout of your statement and a brief letter asking for a status match is generally sufficient for the status match from BA Gold to BD Gold to go through within 7-10 days max.
Thank you.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Want to do this for my sister who is flying on SQ in J (AMD-SIN-MEL) & then in F (SYD-SIN-BOM). I thought it might be good for her to have *A status as SQ flights are quite full in that market and if she has any change in plans at the last minute, it is not easy getting a seat.
Be aware that SQ only provide the listed benefits as outlined on the Star Alliance website. From reading this board it seems they don't provide any special benefits to anyone except PPS members. Even KrisFlyer members don't seem to get any special attention.

Be aware that SQ only earn 2x in F and 1.5x in J on BD's DC.

https://www.flybmi.com/bmi/src/html/...earnmiles.html
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:41 am
Suspended

BD's program is great for accumulating miles given the above itinerary, but I too would not expect the * Gold status to do much with regards to having priority with SQ.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Alternatively, just e-mail [email protected], and include a screenprint of your BAEC statement.

That worked for me!

Cheers,
Rick
Thank you.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Please note that your sister has to has to be in theory, be living in the UK to begin with in order for BD to status match. BD won't status match someone who lives in India.

Besides SQ will treat their people nicely who are flying in J and F irrespectively anyway.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Please note that your sister has to has to be in theory, be living in the UK to begin with in order for BD to status match. BD won't status match someone who lives in India.

Besides SQ will treat their people nicely who are flying in J and F irrespectively anyway.
She does live in the UK. Why did you think she lives in India? My experience with SQ so far is all negative. Their onboard service might be great but their ground service really stinks! I have dealt with a lot of airlines and had a wide range of experiences from extraordinary to indifferent, but SQ has to be absolutely at the bottom of the pile in dealing with customers.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622757
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
She does live in the UK. Why did you think she lives in India? My experience with SQ so far is all negative. Their onboard service might be great but their ground service really stinks! I have dealt with a lot of airlines and had a wide range of experiences from extraordinary to indifferent, but SQ has to be absolutely at the bottom of the pile in dealing with customers.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622757
Maybe because you said something like :"Want to do this for my sister who is flying on SQ in J (AMD-SIN-MEL) & then in F (SYD-SIN-BOM)."...?
Old Nov 10, 2006, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I got BD Silver off my BA account when I made Silver, now I'm a BA Gold can get rematched at the new level? I guess I could always set up a new BD account and get that matched...

I find US Airways pretty handy for flying up and down the East Coast from Richmond and the access to the US Clubs would be useful.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 1:24 am

Programs: EY Silver, BA Silver, EK paper, BOAC Junior Jet Club
Does anybody status match BD Gold? Or is that just expecting too much ......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.