Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

15,000 Bonus Points for Citi TY Professional

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2007, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, Citi AMEX Chairman

From www.ableshopper.com:
Free $150 Gift Card with Citi Professional Card
Citi Professional Card has $100 Gift Card after your first purchase. If you click the red "Apply Now" button then close your window, a popup window will appear offering an extra 5000 points. That's a total of 15,000 points that can be redeemed for $150 Gift Card. You have to temporarily enable popup windows if you your browser disables it.
http://www.qksrv.net/click-327962-10425410
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by awake
From www.ableshopper.com:
Free $150 Gift Card with Citi Professional Card
Citi Professional Card has $100 Gift Card after your first purchase. If you click the red "Apply Now" button then close your window, a popup window will appear offering an extra 5000 points. That's a total of 15,000 points that can be redeemed for $150 Gift Card. You have to temporarily enable popup windows if you your browser disables it.
http://www.qksrv.net/click-327962-10425410
Very confusing. You click the Apply Now button and then close THAT window? I never saw the extra 5K offer. ???

Phil
Old Apr 8, 2007, 8:03 am

This has been well documented here, but I guess never with its own thread. Here's a more direct link:
https://www.accountonline.com/ACQ/Ap...9FD5BADCC4E51B
Old Apr 8, 2007, 9:02 am

Turn off pop-up-blocker

Originally Posted by philemer
Very confusing. You click the Apply Now button and then close THAT window? I never saw the extra 5K offer. ???

Phil
Not confusing .... just do what awake has advised and you see the 10,000 + 5,000 bonus points. Turn off pop-up-blocker

Thanks awake!

BTW, those are ThankYou Points, and I never really understood, how this works. Are they on top of the AA Miles I get on my Citi AA credit card ...?
Those ThankYou Points never seemed valuable to me ...!?!
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, Citi AMEX Chairman
Originally Posted by USAFAN
Not confusing .... just do what awake has advised and you see the 10,000 + 5,000 bonus points. Turn off pop-up-blocker

Thanks awake!

BTW, those are ThankYou Points, and I never really understood, how this works. Are they on top of the AA Miles I get on my Citi AA credit card ...?
Those ThankYou Points never seemed valuable to me ...!?!
TY Points are a separate rewards program run by Citi (similar to Membership Rewards). Thank You has some positives and negatives:

NEGATIVES: No point transfers to Airlines or Hotels

POSITIVES:
- High reward rates e.g., you can earn up to 3 points per $ on Citi Professional. Some other cards have higher rates
- You can redeem points for airline tickets at a fixed rate that can be pretty good
- You can use your points for merchandise or gift cards.
- If you earn 3 points per $, you can get a $100 gift card for $3,333.34 in spending. This is a 3% reward rate.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:55 am

Thanks again awake!

I am going to study the citi website for those awards....afterall, it's free...
Old Apr 9, 2007, 10:29 pm
Suspended

When press submit I get a general error message.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
January Post-non business card

This link is from the post here that was started in January. Same 15,000 points and easier to access.

Here is another link to the CitiBusiness PP card w/15,000 points & ne fee 1st year- CitiBusiness

Last edited by philemer; Apr 11, 2007 at 8:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.