Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

15 Apr : BA sends out loads of emails for flights already flown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2024, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Just had an email inviting me to check in for a flight I took two weeks ago and wasn't ever changed.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just got the 'Are you ready to go?' email... 'It's nearly home time', which came as a surprise as my next flight is going away from home 6 days from now on IB.

Searched the PNR and it's for my LAST flight home 8 days ago
mike&co likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Blue
Same as the two posters above, have just received an email that my flight is now ready for check in, flown that on 20th February and was, for a moment, concerned I had booked a flight for the wrong days.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:03 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by the-doctor
Just got the 'Are you ready to go?' email... 'It's nearly home time', which came as a surprise as my next flight is going away from home 6 days from now on IB.

Searched the PNR and it's for my LAST flight home 8 days ago
I have just received two of these "Are you ready to go" e-mails as well. Both for flights over two months ago!
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Silver VA Red SAS Gold
Same as above ! & now BA.com is down completely! I wondered what is happening
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; ITA Platinum; HH Gold
I have received the email three times over 15 minutes in the last half an hour. *Are you ready to go" for a return trip which ended almost 6 weeks ago. It was a BAH if that makes any difference :-)
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
And me. Just had a check in invitation for a flight to JFK that I took in February 2024….
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:16 am

Programs: Meh
Are you ready to go?

Just got a mail from BA asking me the above with a booking reference. Nearly had a heart attack I had totally forgotten a booking I made.
Anyway, BA IT......I took this trip two months ago
JimEddie and Sealink like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yep I just got the mail as well. The booking is for a return to London which is interesting as that’s where I happen to be anyway.

I almost had a “moment” as well until I realised I took the flight 5 days ago..
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
BA sent an email telling me to OLCI for a flight I took 7 weeks ago

Just recieved an email from BA telling me that I can check in online for my flight back home, only thing is it was in February, 7 weeks ago.

I do have a booking this weekend (a B2B TP run), so this email gave me a mini heart attack thinking that I'd booked it for the wrong day. But no it was for the booking reference for my trip in February, so maybe BA's IT got a bit confused.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by Cara200
And me. Just had a check in invitation for a flight to JFK that I took in February 2024….
Me too! I mean if they want to give me the tier points again, more than happy....
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I got a check in is now open email for a flight that doesn't leave until Wednesday night- which also caused a bit of a panic as I am not ready to leave until then! And I have since realised that this is a historic flight that I have already flown- pain in the a**e!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:25 am

Same for me, for a flight a month ago! Had to search my emails for the booking reference after mild panic that I'd forgotten about a flight I'd booked 😂
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:26 am

I got the same message for a 2/19 flight!
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Yipee- my email is for a cancelled flight that I didn't take on Saturday
Although the very useful side-effect of reminding me what time I should have been home and the fact that BA now owes me loads-a-money...!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.