Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How do BA manage it? [Empty bottle of whisky on a flight in F]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club

​​​I am Currently really enjoying F to IAH on the 195 and as a whisky drinker I was very happy to see "Caol Ila Unpeated Cask Strength 25 year old 2018" on the menu. I asef for a drop of JW Blue to compare the two, but all they had was an empty bottle of the Xordinaire. Clearly whoever restocked the bars at LHR made a mistake, but they make a flight memorable for the wrong reasons.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:50 am

You’ve already answered your own question… they made a mistake?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:33 am

Perhaps the thread should read:”How do Do&Co manage it? Empty bottle of whisky on a flight in F”…. not a great experience but mistakes can and do happen
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even the very best warehouses will get it wrong 1 time in every 10,000. So with an operation the size of BA the odd mistake will happen.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Make a complaint, you might get some free Avios
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by johnaalex
​​​I am Currently really enjoying F to IAH on the 195 and as a whisky drinker I was very happy to see "Caol Ila Unpeated Cask Strength 25 year old 2018" on the menu. I asef for a drop of JW Blue to compare the two, but all they had was an empty bottle of the Xordinaire. Clearly whoever restocked the bars at LHR made a mistake, but they make a flight memorable for the wrong reasons.
My friend, from me you have the utmost sympathy and outrage!
These are the sort of matters where you will find un-ending comradeship and support on the ever-interesting/exciting/minimally-controversial BA Whisky Thread!
JapesUK and johnaalex like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Presumably if I make a similar mistake and don't pay my F fare in full, BA won't mind either?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by crazy8534
My friend, from me you have the utmost sympathy and outrage!
These are the sort of matters where you will find un-ending comradeship and support on the ever-interesting/exciting/minimally-controversial BA Whisky Thread!
At least they haven't run out of tonic
Old Apr 15, 2024, 10:58 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
WIth respect - the thread title is rather misleading. If they loaded an empty bottle the crew would not have spotted it as is in a sealed bar. Do tell BA so that Do&Co who do manage it do not charge them for a bottle of whisky that was empty.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
You should complain and ask for a bottle of Octomore as compensation.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:11 pm

The question: How do they manage it?

The answer: They don't.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA, TK, EK
Count yourself lucky that it was not the Caol Ila that was empty - I've never summoned an IFM to complain about anything but in that case I would be requesting that all the 'more Avios to placate this person' buttons were pushed on their iPad.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Presumably if I make a similar mistake and don't pay my F fare in full, BA won't mind either?
I’m not sure that BA will mind. But your F seat will be just as empty as the whisky bottle.
gcuk, trooper, Truthmonkey and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.