Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘Forecast Adverse Weather’ - 16th April

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold

Hello.

Just received this for a flight tomorrow from LHR. I’m only going for the day for a business meeting. I’ve rang the call centre and they’ve not been able to give any further information.

Any ideas from somebody in the know??

Thanks

Tom
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Which flights are you on?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, a bit more detail would be helpful. Was it a message allowing you to move to other flights due to poor weather? It's covered in the FAQ for delays and cancellations, where there's a strong wind issue for LHR, up to 32 knots, and that's currently marked until 06:00 hrs on 16 April and will typically get extended. That thread will have the list of cancellations tomorrow morning.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Due to be on the BA812 operated by DAT.

The email reads as below and as you can see manages not to say a lot at all!

Thank you for choosing to fly with British Airways.

Please be advised that your flight may be delayed tomorrow because of Air Traffic Control restrictions due to forcasted adverse weather.

If you have a connecting flight as part of the same ticket and there’s a chance you may miss your connection, we'll automatically rebook your onward journey. Please check ba.com/managemybooking.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

British Airways
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tom139

OK, that's the standard "there may be delays" message which those travelling today and a few recent days have had. And the winds will lead to some delays, since you are on the 07:05 to CPH on OY-RUH. But it is showing as operating, but I guess a 30 minute delay to arrival in CPH may well happen.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:58 pm

Got the same Email. We're on BA 583 Tuesday MXP to LHR connecting to VS19. All on one ticket so according to the email they will take care of any rebooking. I hope that's the case!

VS19 is LHR-SFO. For rebooking would BA try to put us on the later VS flight or would they try to put us on BA before VS?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
OK, that's the standard "there may be delays" message which those travelling today and a few recent days have had. And the winds will lead to some delays, since you are on the 07:05 to CPH on OY-RUH. But it is showing as operating, but I guess a 30 minute delay to arrival in CPH may well happen.
Thanks CWS. That aircraft appears to be on its way to BLL from ORY with no flight scheduled to come over to London between now and tomorrow morning?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:02 pm

I mis-typed that, it's OY-RUY, which is currently running the ATH-LHR service today.
tom139 and alex67500 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by sdix

VS19 is LHR-SFO. For rebooking would BA try to put us on the later VS flight or would they try to put us on BA before VS?
I doubt BA would really care whether it was VS, BA or UA. As it happens, United has more available seats than BA, VS is in between.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom139

Not showing any delay at present.
TeaOrCoffee likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I mis-typed that, it's OY-RUY, which is currently running the ATH-LHR service today.
Airborne on the way back from Athens.
tom139 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdix
Got the same Email. We're on BA 583 Tuesday MXP to LHR connecting to VS19. All on one ticket so according to the email they will take care of any rebooking. I hope that's the case!

Aircraft in taxiing on the way to MXP.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:20 pm

Programs: British Airways
I just received the same for BA8759 LCY to BCN at 11:20 tomorrow Tue 16th April

"Thank you for choosing to fly with BA CityFlyer.

Please be advised that your flight may be delayed tomorrow because of Air Traffic Control restrictions due to forcasted adverse weather.

If you have a connecting flight as part of the same ticket and there’s a chance you may miss your connection, we'll automatically rebook your onward journey. Please check ba.com/managemybooking.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

BA CityFlyer"

Last edited by FMMonty; Apr 15, 2024 at 2:20 pm Reason: formatting
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
I doubt BA would really care whether it was VS, BA or UA. As it happens, United has more available seats than BA, VS is in between.
I’ve unfortunately experienced a misconnect from BA to VS at LHR in the past. As the carrier delivering you late, BA would be responsible for the rebooking. I think they have a strong preference for JBA carriers where possible. I was rebooked on AA and no discussion about my preferred carrier was entertained. Obviously if JBA has nothing available (unlikely) they would be obliged to offer the next available routing in any carrier.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Originally Posted by bd95
I’ve unfortunately experienced a misconnect from BA to VS at LHR in the past. As the carrier delivering you late, BA would be responsible for the rebooking. I think they have a strong preference for JBA carriers where possible. I was rebooked on AA and no discussion about my preferred carrier was entertained. Obviously if JBA has nothing available (unlikely) they would be obliged to offer the next available routing in any carrier.
The standard advice when it comes to any rebooking scenario is do your homework and work out the service on which you would like to be rebooked. The rebooking tool may suggest various options, but most agents really are only interested in getting you reaccommodated and on your way as quickly as possible. So if you identify the flights you want - and they are not unrealistic in terms of route/class - you are more likely to get what you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.