Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I wonder why ? [BA aircraft at LTN, poss charter flight route]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

This has just flown over my house!
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:35 pm

Possibly on a charter
Shingi likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Operating to Liverpool tomorrow.
Shingi and SxMan like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:43 pm

I used to be able to sit in the garden and use my iPad on FR to identify aeroplanes far overhead usually on route to LHR. Alas, my new wifi doesn’t seem to reach the garden!
Shingi and BA or bust like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I used to be able to sit in the garden and use my iPad on FR to identify aeroplanes far overhead usually on route to LHR. Alas, my new wifi doesn’t seem to reach the garden!
Hot spot your iPad from your phone if no SIM card in the iPad !
BA or bust likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Did the old wifi reach the garden? Seems odd that a new installation would not, unless it’s moved to new place. You could either ask the wifi provider to check the router settings, alternatively buy a wifi extender. Or what mikeyfly suggested.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:01 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Could this not be simply a repositioning flight?
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:35 am

It's back at LCY now after a little trip from Luton to Liverpool. Now wondering how much it costs to hire this aircraft for such a short trip. I would have got the train myself!

With all the private aircraft and coaches available to hire BACF must offer good rates.
BA or bust and Shingi like this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:42 am

Programs: BA, VS
Could have been connected to the Chelsea v Everton match last night.
wanderingjock and SxMan like this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Schind
It's back at LCY now after a little trip from Luton to Liverpool. Now wondering how much it costs to hire this aircraft for such a short trip. I would have got the train myself!

With all the private aircraft and coaches available to hire BACF must offer good rates.
EPL football clubs don't seem to do buses anymore

Newcastle to Liverpool by plane probably took longer door to door than the bus would have. Similarly Nottingham to Blackpool which is also mentioned in the article (no idea what airports they used)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ue-33-26279347
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Schind

In an entirely different galaxy, in a far far away world from BA, there are these football clubs that are happy to pay whatever they want and are not obsessed with how much things cost! Cost is not in their DNA! Just ask Manchester City
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by mjuler
Could have been connected to the Chelsea v Everton match last night.
Should have made the team walk back to Liverpool after that performance.

Last edited by golfmad; Apr 16, 2024 at 6:52 am Reason: Rewritten to avoid hidden expletives.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:32 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by mwp1
Should have made the team walk back to Liverpool after that performance.
Indeed awful performance.

The team came down on the train on Sunday,looking at the timings it would be very tight to get from Stamford Bridge to LTN

Last edited by golfmad; Apr 16, 2024 at 6:53 am Reason: Edited quote after cleanup.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 7:52 am

I've seen elsewhere that it was indeed the Everton team heading back after the Chelsea match. Incidentally, another of the LCY E190s appears to be on football charters today. G-LCAB positioned LCY to LTN earlier and is currently en route to Munich (potentially with the Arsenal squad for tomorrow's match against Bayern Munich). The same aircraft is then due to position to Liverpool, it will be interesting to see whether the next stop is Milan with the Liverpool team for their attempt to overturn a 3-0 deficit against Atalanta on Thursday.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 11:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.