Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Frustration with Hilton Honors Fraud Dept

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

I have been dealing with an issue since January with Hilton Honors fraud department saying my account was now an active because I owed an outstanding balance to hotel Signia in downtown San Jose, California. I’ve spoken with the reservations manager everything. It cleared up it is because I did not cancel a reservation in December. I forwarded the email to the reservations manager from the fraud department. He said he contacted them or would be in contact with them. The next thing I hear back from the fraud department is that they will be closing my account in 30 days if they do not hear back from the hotel. I have been a loyal customer for many years. I’ve never had any issues until this. Everything is cleared up with the hotel and the fraud department refuses to reach out to them in order to help me. They say they have not received confirmation from that hotel saying I do not owe an outstanding balance, which I find to be untrue. I’ve spoke with the reservations manager twice on the phone and over email. What can I do about this situation? Who can I call to actually speak to another human being in the fraud department or corresponding through email which never gets returned in a timely manner anyway, and is never resolved.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:15 pm

Try the Twitter team via DM.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Try the Twitter team via DM.
thank you I’ll try that
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Twitter is your only option at this point.

The fraud department only communicates via email.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aww3583
Twitter is your only option at this point.

The fraud department only communicates via email.
Sorry, I don't follow. Are you saying Twitter is email?
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by serpens
Twitter offers "direct message" functionality where the user can send a message directly to the customer service and PR representatives that monitor the social media system.

Twitter, in my experience, is the only method by which a case can be opened and followed up. I've tried email with little-to-no success. Twitter responses seem to be US-based, proactive, and responsive. Conversely, emails take anywhere from 24-48 hours for any type of response, and that response typically offers copy/paste platitudes and apologies.

Based on the feedback from others in the fraud-specific threads in this forum, it is widely known that the fraud department only communicates via email.

My recommendation would be to DM Hilton via Twitter, opening a case with a documented case number that can be used to trace the issue through the Hilton ecosystem.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
I think they're saying Hilton has people who monitor Twitter and will communicate initially through DM, but then the actual resolution with the fraud department is in email.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.