Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA shows J available on QR but QR doesn't show it...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2024, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT

I have a problem that could use some expert advice...
Using BA's WEB site I have found what appears to be available dates for J on QR. However, when I go to QR's WEB site they don't show any availabilty for those same dates. Is BA showing phantom space? Or is it safe to go ahead and transfer points and book? don't want to strand the points.
Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Transfer points from Amex? I believe that avios transfers to Qatar are instant, and they are instant from QR to BA, so you could probably phone up BA, check that they can see the availability, and then transfer your points from Amex to QR to BA while you are on the phone.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Is this the same issue as you posted in the qr forum?

Available seat on BA vs. QR

And in another thread on this forum

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36196922-post21.html
Smiley90 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by omk298
Transfer points from Amex? I believe that avios transfers to Qatar are instant, and they are instant from QR to BA, so you could probably phone up BA, check that they can see the availability, and then transfer your points from Amex to QR to BA while you are on the phone.
Yes, I'd be transfering the points from AMEX to BA.
So if the BA agent sees availabilty then I can pretty much be asuured that the seats are bookable?
Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Is this the same issue as you posted in the qr forum?

Available seat on BA vs. QR

And in another thread on this forum

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36196922-post21.html
Yes.. so far, up until now, no one has been able to address why BA is showing availabilty but QR is not. Similar posts but not the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.