Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in Doha

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Lounges in Doha

I am travelling to Bangkok in business on BA and then QR metal (BA code) via Doha. I am BA Gold (GGL). Does anyone know if that is good enough to get access to the Qatar Airways First lounge? The access policy is quite confusing (for instance I get access when flying London to Muscat via Doha as on Doha to Muscat the business cabin is classified as First). Views gratefully received
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
I believe you will have access to Al Mourjan (QR business lounge) but not Al Safwa (QR first lounge) you can buy your way in often
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Moving this to the QR forum where it's better placed.

golfmad
Moderator: BAEC Forum
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
No, you only get access to the Al Safwa lounge (the famous one) if you're travelling in First. As a J passenger you can access the Al Mourjan lounge, and your Gold card (GGL is irrelevant to Qatar) gets you into the 'Platinum lounge', which is the lounge for OW emeralds. The Al Mourjan lounge is the better one for you to use though.

You can see the rules onn here https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lou...s?location=DOH
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
I am doing the same trip. BA to Doha, then separate ticket on QR booked in "first elite" which appears to be the same as business but has bucket code A and fully flexible for same price as business, which I am sure will give me access to the Al Safwa lounge seeing as I am ticketed in QR first, even thought it's not!
Old Apr 16, 2024, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. Their admissions policy for the First lounge is somewhat odd….. I really dislike the Al Mourjan these days as it is so busy.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 10:12 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Gskent
Thanks all. Their admissions policy for the First lounge is somewhat odd….. I really dislike the Al Mourjan these days as it is so busy.
It's not any different than BA's. OWE into the "F Lounge" (Platinum or Galleries First) and F pax into the F Lounge (Al Safwa or Concorde Room).
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
you can choose from many lounges, al mourjan, al mourjan garden, platinum at A1, platinum gold at C13.

If Al Mourjan is busy you can try the others.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:06 pm

I am travelling to Bangkok in business on BA and then QR metal (BA code) via Doha. I am BA Gold (GGL). Does anyone know if that is good enough to get access to the Qatar Airways First lounge? The access policy is quite confusing (for instance I get access when flying London to Muscat via Doha as on Doha to Muscat the business cabin is classified as First). Views gratefully received
no, your OW status is of no concern for QR, its been mentioned in this forum a few times already. Code sharing won't give you access either, does not matter, it needs to be a QR revenue flight, for AS in QR first.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by zaphod424
No, you only get access to the Al Safwa lounge (the famous one) if you're travelling in First.
Or if you are a QRPC PLT member traveling in J on a QR flight.

Originally Posted by chipster
I am doing the same trip. BA to Doha, then separate ticket on QR booked in "first elite" which appears to be the same as business but has bucket code A and fully flexible for same price as business.
The "A" fare bucket is for special F fares, such as the OneWorld Explorer fare. It's not the same as business, it's a legitimate F fare.
chipster likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
you can choose from many lounges, al mourjan, al mourjan garden, platinum at A1, platinum gold at C13.

If Al Mourjan is busy you can try the others.
any difference in terms for facility for platinum lounge at A1 vs platinum gold at C13?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
There is no difference in terms of facilities between the platinum and the platinum gold lounges. The food menu is identical

The platinum gold is slightly better than the Gold lounge at A1.

the Al Mourjan and Al Mourjan Garden are to a higher standard than the platinum lounges, particularly for food.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 8:10 am

Edited
I already found the answer
Edited
aphro likes this.

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; Apr 17, 2024 at 8:36 am
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kayzng
any difference in terms for facility for platinum lounge at A1 vs platinum gold at C13?
I prefer the plat/gold lounge at the North Node. It has considerably more showers and is more spacious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.