Wiki Posts
Search

48 hour priority check-in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2024, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, CX Asia Miles, FlyingBlue, TrueBlue
48 hour priority check-in

Cathay advertises priority check-in 48h before flight time for Cathay members. I've always forgotten or been too busy to use this so far in advance before, but now it's 45h before a flight of mine and I don't seem to have the option to check in online. Cathay also seems to send me emails telling me I could have this option if I signed up for a Cathay membership, but I already have one. Am I missing something here? Do you need to reach a specific tier of membership to actually get this option? I made the booking with my Cathay account on the Cathay website, but admittedly I am using my BA Executive Club number for the flight.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:29 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold
If all flights operated by CX and first flight is within 48 hours you should be able to check-in online. If to/from USA, I think you can still check-in at T-48h but you will only get your boarding pass 24h before flight
gwang0618 and matterflyer like this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:44 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by US HK UK flyer
but admittedly I am using my BA Executive Club number for the flight.
Hmmm, I wonder why
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, CX Asia Miles, FlyingBlue, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Hmmm, I wonder why
So I switched to Asia Miles to see and yes, only then check in was available.

Nothing in their policy about this that I can see, though. It's just "if you're a Cathay member you can check in 48h in advance." So, not quite as advertised?

Last edited by US HK UK flyer; Apr 19, 2024 at 2:03 pm
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:21 pm

I have a Cathay membership that I use to log in when booking a flight. I've never collected miles with it; I always credit to my BA Executive Club membership.
I was able to check-in 48 hours before my flight a few days ago.

(I think doing what I do excludes me from the 24-hour post-booking cool-off period though. I suppose I could just add the Asia Miles number when I book and then swap it to the BA one after 24 hours ...)
Old Apr 20, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Hmmm, I wonder why
spot on!
bar false advertising, it's actually "be a CX member & quote it within your booking" to get T-48 check in
Old Apr 20, 2024, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by US HK UK flyer
Nothing in their policy about this that I can see, though. It's just "if you're a Cathay member you can check in 48h in advance." So, not quite as advertised?
I'm curious how you expect Cathay to know that you are a member if you don't quote your membership number?
brunos likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 4:35 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
sorry i thot every person can checkin 48hr (2 days) in advance? did rules change?
Old Apr 20, 2024, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd
sorry i thot every person can checkin 48hr (2 days) in advance? did rules change?

T-48 for CX members who quote their CX number
t-24 otherwise
Old Apr 20, 2024, 11:41 pm

Programs: CX Gold
What’s the consequence of not doing OLCI?
Old Apr 21, 2024, 12:00 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by pf007
T-48 for CX members who quote their CX number
t-24 otherwise
1/4/2023: I managed to OLCI at T-48 on a purchased ticket (so, not FQTR on my AM) and with a non-CX OWE FTQS.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
1/4/2023: I managed to OLCI at T-48 on a purchased ticket (so, not FQTR on my AM) and with a non-CX OWE FTQS.
hmm... couldn't do OLCI at T-48 when another OW FF no. was attached to the booking, could only do so after inputting a CX no.
(subsequently completed OLCI & reverted back to the other OW FF no.)

sounds like CX IT doing its typical thing again
Old Apr 21, 2024, 5:27 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
As far as I recall, CX member or not, online checkin was always 48 hours. I browsed but it only say 'priority checkin' for CX members at T-48hour but does NOT exclude ability for checkin of non-members at T-48hour. Just another non sense marketing PR gimmicks with no basis behind. (I always check in T-48hours with non CX membership number)
Old Apr 21, 2024, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by fakecd
As far as I recall, CX member or not, online checkin was always 48 hours. I browsed but it only say 'priority checkin' for CX members at T-48hour but does NOT exclude ability for checkin of non-members at T-48hour. Just another non sense marketing PR gimmicks with no basis behind. (I always check in T-48hours with non CX membership number)
they have been advertising T-24 for non CX members
Old Apr 21, 2024, 10:30 am

Programs: CX GO, CA GO
Originally Posted by jeffrey262626
If all flights operated by CX and first flight is within 48 hours you should be able to check-in online. If to/from USA, I think you can still check-in at T-48h but you will only get your boarding pass 24h before flight
Oh wow thats news for me. I thought it was a technical issue or something for me and only me, so I always check in at the counter. Interesting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.