Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Unable to Change Flight Calendar Blocked Out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2024, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

I was looking to change a flight on May 26 and all the dates in June and beyond are "greyed out" and it won't let me make a change.

Is this some system glitch or am I prohibited fro changing the flight for some reason?
Old Apr 24, 2024, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by milemonkey
I was looking to change a flight on May 26 and all the dates in June and beyond are "greyed out" and it won't let me make a change.

Is this some system glitch or am I prohibited fro changing the flight for some reason?
Can you provide some more information -- app / desktop, route, class of service, etc... Then we may be able to help!
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Using the UA website via my laptop. The flight was booked in F weeks ago and was already changed once (same day just a later time).
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:16 pm

Using the UA website via my laptop. The flight was booked in F weeks ago and was already changed once (same day just a later time).
Can you share the flight number? There are so many possibilities it's hard without specifics.... When you pull up the reservation is there anything "odd" about it?
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

UA 1527 -ORD-LAS on May 26.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:23 pm

UA 1527 -ORD-LAS on May 26.
Ok - the flight looks fine -- the only thing I can think of is that after you changed the flight the first time the reservation got out of sync -- have you tried calling UA? Or using the app?
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

It's blocked out June forward on the app as well.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:40 pm

It's blocked out June forward on the app as well.
Honestly -- the best thing to do is call UA -- without understanding the fare basis for your ticket it's hard to offer useful guidance... I can see the flight for new bookings -- but there is something about your specific reservation that is causing the system to not allow another change it seems....
Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Was your flight booked with an FFC that's expiring at the end of May? If so, you may need to cancel and rebook rather than changing.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Was your flight booked with an FFC that's expiring at the end of May? If so, you may need to cancel and rebook rather than changing.
That may be it! I believe I used a FFC when I booked. So, if I cancel, I'll get another FFC for the full amount?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
So, if I cancel, I'll get another FFC for the full amount?
Yes. If the fare was non-refundable, your new FFC will expire in a year. If it was refundable, I'm not sure if your refund goes back to the original FFC or if you get a new one - someone else would need to chime in on that one.
bmwe92fan and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.