Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time booking an AF flight on Virgin Atlantic

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2024, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Question First time booking an AF flight on Virgin Atlantic

New Member! Thanks in advance for everyone's help. I just booked R/T AF flight on Virgin Atlantic's(VA) site using points and money. After booking, under "Manage Booking" I get the "Choose Seats" icon and it takes me to the actual seat map of AF's 777-300ER (I am still on the VA portal). After clicking on my chosen seat and having it highlighted, the "Confirm" button does not respond! I have tried 3 different browsers and I get the same result. My question is: Rather than having to contact AF (be on hold foe a long time), can VA provide me with a" Cross referenced" booking number for AF so I can log in AF site and chose and pay for my seats? THANK you again
Old May 3, 2024, 11:22 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Morimoso64
New Member! Thanks in advance for everyone's help. I just booked R/T AF flight on Virgin Atlantic's(VA) site using points and money. After booking, under "Manage Booking" I get the "Choose Seats" icon and it takes me to the actual seat map of AF's 777-300ER (I am still on the VA portal). After clicking on my chosen seat and having it highlighted, the "Confirm" button does not respond! I have tried 3 different browsers and I get the same result. My question is: Rather than having to contact AF (be on hold foe a long time), can VA provide me with a" Cross referenced" booking number for AF so I can log in AF site and chose and pay for my seats? THANK you again
Welcome to Flyertalk! Have you tried using your Virgin Atlantic booking number on Air France's site? I believe they use the same system in the backend so the numbers should be the same. You can also try using your ticket number (a 13 digit number that starts with 932).
Old May 3, 2024, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S80
Welcome to Flyertalk! Have you tried using your Virgin Atlantic booking number on Air France's site? I believe they use the same system in the backend so the numbers should be the same. You can also try using your ticket number (a 13 digit number that starts with 932).
Old May 3, 2024, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

THANKS! Yes I did try the VA booking number on AF’s site and did not go through. Also, the search window on AF’s site only allows for 6 characters, so I don’t think the ticket number will work but I will certainly try it. THANKS AGAIN.
Old May 3, 2024, 11:37 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Morimoso64
THANKS! Yes I did try the VA booking number on AF’s site and did not go through. Also, the search window on AF’s site only allows for 6 characters, so I don’t think the ticket number will work but I will certainly try it. THANKS AGAIN.
It does allow me to put in more than 6 digits at https://wwws.airfrance.us/trip/flight-details

The check in page https://wwws.airfrance.us/check-in allows input of either ticket number or booking reference, so it might work in terms of at least pulling up your reservation.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks S80. This is the error message I got when I entered the ticket # in that window from the link you provided: “A booking reference consists of between 5 and 6 characters.”
The “check in” only works 30 hours before the flight.
Old May 4, 2024, 8:22 am
Original Poster

SUCCESS! The AF app allowed the VA booking # and proceeded to show the booking with the AF’s unique booking #.
THANKS S80 for all your help.
Wheres_Waldo_23 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.