Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online "check in" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022 | 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited5M100 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I totally agree with Starflyergold. If you have some chances to cancel the booking, do not check-in online. It's useless anyway.
And welcome to Flyertalk
Old Apr 8, 2022 | 12:58 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
check in online is a joke as you have to get the key at the reception and have to wait in queue anyway....have never seen a faster queue for guests, who have already checked in online and many hotels have also no faster desk for ALL members anymore
Old Apr 8, 2022 | 5:06 am

Agree with the others, I would not do OLCI until I’ve seen the room. Also OLCI will more than likely do the pre-auth onto your card when you do it and the hotel may take their time releasing it.
Old May 26, 2024 | 1:10 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, BAEC Gold, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Check in Online?

Just received an urgent request from Accor to check in online by 11:59 pm of [the day before my stay.] This is so the hotel can welcome me properly, and I can quickly pick up the key and head to my room.

Now I usually dont like to check-in online, as it tends to mean a specific room will be auto-assigned, and that may not have the view or location I want. I put a request for a specific location in my reservation notes, but assume that will not be taken into account.

Should I wait to check in at the front desk, after sending the hotel a direct e-mail or text? Or will all the decent rooms be gone by then?

Thanks
Old May 26, 2024 | 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited5M100 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
There's no need to do OLCI. It's totally useless. You can ignore this message.
Old May 26, 2024 | 7:37 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; SK Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
The consensus (and my experience the few times I tried it) is that it's a waste of time. You will almost certainly still be required to show your credit card and ID when you arrive at the hotel.
carnarvon likes this.

Last edited by IMH; May 26, 2024 at 11:40 pm Reason: removed link following thread merge
Old Aug 7, 2024 | 7:15 am

Pullman Liverpool

Checked in online.

Room key was ready on arrival, no forms, no CC needed. was at desk less than a minute - as good as could be ....although a few weeks ago I checked in online to the Hilton Bankside and simply wandered into the lifts and entered my room using the digital key, completely bypassing reception so Accor has a way to go...
IMH likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.