Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online "check in" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015 | 7:51 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CC Gold, M&M Sen, Accor Plat
Sofitel online check-in

I fail to see the advantage here, yes they have your key card ready, but checking in is not that much of a time-consuming process, right?

Then when you try to charge something to the room they tell you your credit card is not linked to the booking and you have to go and interface with the front desk again...

Most definitely some room for improvement there
Old Jul 29, 2015 | 8:08 am
Original Poster
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
50 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Altifonsoni
I fail to see the advantage here, yes they have your key card ready, but checking in is not that much of a time-consuming process, right?

Then when you try to charge something to the room they tell you your credit card is not linked to the booking and you have to go and interface with the front desk again...

Most definitely some room for improvement there
I agree, all it does is cutting down on the front desk taking your details. I have not use this function once.

On the CC front I have been told that the website will shortly be able to store your CC details, thus eliminating the repeated entering of the details with every booking.
Old Aug 23, 2015 | 2:16 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: IHG Diamond/Amb, GHA Titanium, BW Diamond Select, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello again,

If anyone is still having issues or missing bonus points following the online booking tool could you please send me a private message containing your membership info and the dates concerned by the points?

Thank you

Amy
I had my 3rd eligible stay for the LCAH February offer last night. As I feared, it was treated as the 2nd stay (because of the on-line check in for the 1st stay) and I received 3,000 points instead of 4,000. I have sent a message to the Guest Relations Coordinator containing the full history (1st stay initially not eligible, 2nd stay treated as first stay, both eventually corrected) and do expect that it will be corrected this time as well. If not I will send a PM.
Old Aug 30, 2015 | 1:48 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; SK Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
Slightly against my better judgement, feeling curious, I accepted Accor's emailed offer to check in online for a stay in Chicago last week.

There were no obvious benefits on arrival at the hotel (other than being thanked "for using our new online system"). I didn't have to show ID to collect my room key, but my credit card details had not been passed on from the reservation so we spent the same amount of time as usual at reception.

There were no negative consequences as far as I can tell. Points posted very quickly, including bonus points ("Stay Longer For More") -- OLCI doesn't appear to have 'adjusted' my booking date.

I did not receive an emailed bill, so checking out was no faster than usual. Overall, I can't see any good reason to repeat the exercise.
Old Aug 31, 2015 | 9:52 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
I had my 3rd eligible stay for the LCAH February offer last night. As I feared, it was treated as the 2nd stay (because of the on-line check in for the 1st stay) and I received 3,000 points instead of 4,000. I have sent a message to the Guest Relations Coordinator containing the full history (1st stay initially not eligible, 2nd stay treated as first stay, both eventually corrected) and do expect that it will be corrected this time as well. If not I will send a PM.
E-mails to guest relations remained unanswered for more than one week but missing points appeared in my account shortly after I sent a PM to Accor Concierge. Coincidence or not - all issues resolved now and for now I will not be using online check-in.
Old Nov 9, 2015 | 6:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Has the issue regarding OLCI been resolved? I have one coming up this week and don't know if I should do it.
Old Nov 9, 2015 | 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited5M100 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by macabresg
Has the issue regarding OLCI been resolved? I have one coming up this week and don't know if I should do it.
Yes, it has been solved. I had no problem to have the bonus/promo points posted recently when I OLCIed.
Old Nov 10, 2015 | 12:38 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I will try to do Olci for my sofitel Sukhumvit stay this coming Friday. Who knows the system screw up and I will enjoy 3x bonus points
Old Nov 29, 2015 | 8:48 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
I will try to do Olci for my sofitel Sukhumvit stay this coming Friday. Who knows the system screw up and I will enjoy 3x bonus points
I checked in online at a Budapest Ibis Hotel for 2 Nights and got only 1 Night credited to my account, so be careful to use it, also my Room and keys wasnt ready when I arrived.
Old Nov 30, 2015 | 3:52 am
15 Years on Site

I had not used OLCI for a long time because of the issues it caused to promotions (booking data got overwritten by OLCI date). These issues apparently have been resolved, as the promotion points posted (more or less) correctly this time.

The OLCI however was not useful at all. I used it because I was in a hurry to get to a customer appointment and had hoped it would speed things up. It didn't. I provided passport details of myself and spouse during OLCI and also the complete company billing address. I also notified them about slightly early arrival time (between 2.30 and 3pm). Upon arrival at the hotel we were taken to the lounge and had to wait there until one of the staff had entered all details again manually. The room wasn't ready yet nor were the room keys.

At check out the billing address that I had entered during OLCI was not in their system, so I had to hand the lounge staff my business card and she had to re-enter all the details.

So in my case OLCI was a total waste of time.
Old Nov 30, 2015 | 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited5M100 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
The OLCI however was not useful at all. I used it because I was in a hurry to get to a customer appointment and had hoped it would speed things up. It didn't. I provided passport details of myself and spouse during OLCI and also the complete company billing address. I also notified them about slightly early arrival time (between 2.30 and 3pm). Upon arrival at the hotel we were taken to the lounge and had to wait there until one of the staff had entered all details again manually. The room wasn't ready yet nor were the room keys.

At check out the billing address that I had entered during OLCI was not in their system, so I had to hand the lounge staff my business card and she had to re-enter all the details.

So in my case OLCI was a total waste of time.
This is my experience as well in most Accor hotels where I used OLCI. The only one it really worked was Sofitel Budapest.
Old Mar 17, 2016 | 4:43 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; SK Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
I used online check in today for the first time in a few months. I got several error messages telling me to "amend or complete the details entered in the compulsory fields, shown in red". Needless to say, no fields were highlighted.

I persevered for the sake of the FT community. Reselecting my country and state didn't help. (In the past that has been a way to 'trick' Accor's IT into letting me book their hotels online.) Changing my address slightly (from "St" to "Street") did the trick.

Now we just have to wait and see whether anything at all will be expedited on arrival at the hotel.
Old Mar 17, 2016 | 5:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have used this a few weeks ago and as expected, it did nothing to expedite check-in procedures at the hotel. Hotel still went through the normal procedures, including asking me for my address details etc which should already be in the system.

What it did appear to help is for the Front Desk to have pre-allocated all the rooms already (bye bye upgrade!) and all the room keys for all guests were neatly put into a pile. Comically, they allocated me the wrong room (allocated a single room instead of my booked double room). When I went into my pre-allocated room and discovered the error, Front Desk was apologetic and then preceded to try and swap pre-allocated rooms around between guests who have not yet checked in, in order to give me a complimentary upgrade.

Compared to other hotel chains (such as Hilton Honors allowing you to pick your own room by DIY online check-in), Accor's online check-in functionality is a waste of time from my experience and I won't be doing it again!
Old Mar 20, 2016 | 7:53 pm

I just tried online check in for Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit last week. As some posters have stated, it did not expedite the process. I did notice that they ask for your time of arrival during online check-in so maybe it's for the hotel staff to get your room ready without you having to wait?
Old Mar 21, 2016 | 5:01 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels
10 Years on Site

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello everyone

Thank you for your feedback on this issue. I have informed the team of your feedback, what would be great is if you could provide me with the hotel you used the online check in for that way the team can identify in which establishments there is room for improvement.

Best

Amy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.