Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Just me eh?
or did I misread a post about Accor giving bonus points and nights to members?
Apparently, the bonus points roll-out is continuing through April.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Hey, yet another IRRITATION at the Accor Head Office. Lets take Grease out of the refund needed policy .... It is getting worse.

For hotels in Greece:
• For a stay cancelled between February 25, 2020 and prior to September 30, 2020, Guests may cancel their reservations and receive a credit voucher only for the full value of their reservation for use at the same hotel. To cancel and receive a credit voucher, please contact the hotel directly. https://all.accor.com/gb/country/hot...eece-pgr.shtml

Note: Guests requesting refunds of any kind (i.e. cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of the requested refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located (i.e. Government imposed restrictions on cash refunds).

Also I do not know of any, repeat any Government that is saying you can not have a CASH refund, and only take a credit note.

Looks like the dog has gone to sleep and the tail is wagging on its own.
No leadership
ALL done to anoy the customer.
starflyergold likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 12:53 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Well at least Greece is negligible as they only have 2 or 3 hotels there. The interesting bit is that they now clearly specify that vouchers are only for use at the same hotel which is of limited use to many customers.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by hotel_user

Also I do not know of any, repeat any Government that is saying you can not have a CASH refund, and only take a credit note.
There are indeed some new regulations by some governments, hence these country specific rules. https://news.gtp.gr/2020/04/14/covid...stead-refunds/ Accor, unlike other global hotel chains, have chosen to wash their hands of customer concerns and are just acting like a middle man. It's a lesson learned for loyal customers. When things get tough, Accor drop you like a hot potato. Incidentally the Greek rules are not fully and correctly explained on the Accor website.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
There are indeed some new regulations by some governments, hence these country specific rules. https://news.gtp.gr/2020/04/14/covid...stead-refunds/ Accor, unlike other global hotel chains, have chosen to wash their hands of customer concerns and are just acting like a middle man. It's a lesson learned for loyal customers. When things get tough, Accor drop you like a hot potato. Incidentally the Greek rules are not fully and correctly explained on the Accor website.

Ok, I have learnt ... don't know how this is current with EU regs, I would ask the Credit Card for a chargeback. ( I would not wish to wait 18 months for a cash refund - and the hotel may be closed / liquidated at that time )

I also have learnt that Accor is probably not the hotel group I thought it was .... ( well I knew that a good few years ago )
starflyergold likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum
Just Received email from ACCOR PLUS, I dont know about other country but for Indonesia, membership will be extended for 6 months free of charge, including our stay plus voucher.
sycokid and hotel_user like this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 12:40 am
R2

I didn't receive the email but the announcement appears to be on the AccorPlus website now:

Accor Plus membership and Stay Plus benefit extension

The impact of COVID-19 on our daily lives is daunting and has also affected our members' opportunity to use and enjoy the benefits of their Accor Plus membership. To alleviate this, members 12-month Accor Plus membership will be automatically extended by an additional six (6) months.

All current membership benefits, including any unused Stay Plus complimentary nights, will also be extended by an additional six (6) months.
https://www.accorplus.com/en/about/extension-faqs
hotel_user likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by R2
I didn't receive the email but the announcement appears to be on the AccorPlus website now:

https://www.accorplus.com/en/about/extension-faqs

I have also just received the e mail. Its a small step in the right direction.

Are Accor still doing the soft landing ? ie was Platinum, but did not qualify ? so now Gold ? ( I have enough nights now for Gold )

Would have prefered a 12 month extension.

We will not be moving anywhere until there is a "cure", travel insurance cover, and a vaccine. Looks like we are staying put for a long time ....
Old Apr 20, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
At last but why did it take them so long. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth
Old Apr 20, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
I wonder whether holders of the Ibis Business Card will get any love? No sign of any extension on mine...
hotel_user likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 12:34 pm

time for me to contact AMEX - Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos Barcelona refuses to refund our rooms.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:15 pm

UPDATE: The Fairmont Barcelona just sent me an email advising that their hotel is closed during our planned visit and they attached vouchers. Even though I have reached out repeatedly and told them vouchers were unacceptable. I have a dispute pending with AMEX. Hopefully, AMEX will reverse the charge
hotel_user likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA and SQ; Hilton, Fairmont, Marriott, Rydges Priority
Received full refund from Novotel Auckland Airport March ‘20 booking today.
Took a couple of email exchanges but we eventually got there.
hotel_user and lpolchlop like this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by sycokid
Following on from this I did send an email via missing points section on All website and 24 hrs later ( which absolutely astounded me in itself ) received a reply statingDear syco,

Thank you for your email.

I can see the bookings for the Mercure King George Square in Brisbane as below:

I can also see the following points transactions as payment:

5 Mar 2020 Reservation with points : Mercure Brisbane King George Square (hotel : 8780)

‑2000
10 Nov 2019 Reservation with points : Mercure Brisbane King George Square (hotel : 8780)

‑6000
30 Oct 2019 Reservation with points : Mercure Brisbane King George Square (hotel : 8780)

‑4000
I will send this to be refunded today - if you could please allow for up to 4 weeks to see the points in your account as we need to
request them from head office in Paris.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Many thanks,
Juanita
Big for Juanita from me

8 working days later and the full quota of points are now safely back in my account thanks again to Juanita
hotel_user likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:58 pm

I have an ibis booking I wish to cancel because the hotel is closed and I cannot travel there (obviously). Hotels .com are refusing to refund because they cannot reach the hotel for authorisation -- with them admitting the hotel is closed. Accor central obviously can't reach the hotel either. I feel trapped. They can't refund because they need authorisation and nobody is there to authorise it, so they are suggesting I just travel -- and what, even I got there somehow, knock on a locked door?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.