Search

Missing Miles crediting issue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2024, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/MM, Marriott Gold
Missing Miles crediting issue

Hi Fliers!

Hubby and I scheduled 8 different flights flights on AE in May and June.Hubby is AE GOLD.
On one of the last flights, when we got to HAM to check in, we were advised at the counter that hubby's seat had been canceled, but he still had the next leg of the flight from ATH to MUC, just the HAM to ATH was CXLD. After 3 phone calls to AE Customer service, with NO resolution, the counter staff reticketed his flight and issued a boarding pass and baggage tag for him, we got on the flight from HAM to ATH. That flight was on June 4th.
Here we are almost 8 weeks later after many phone calls and emails to AE customer service with no resolution still, even though I have sent them copies of both of our boarding passes and baggage tags to prove we were both on the flight. AE keeps saying he wasn't on the flight because his ticket was CXLD. We are sure someone at AE somehow CXLD his ticket for some reason but no-one seems to have an answer. We just want the flight and mileage credit for the flight that was taken.
Can anyone provide me with the contact number of someone at AE that can resolve this issue. this flight is imperative towards qualifying for his status again.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 25, 2024, 7:05 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
I am less familiar with A3 rules, but shouldn't original route crediting be what they should do? It seems A3 is of the opinion that pax himself cancelled and that with that, the whole ticket is void. You present it as a case of denied boarding with a reinstated ticket (on the same flight I guess) but still with the ATH-MUC flight invalidated since I guess the outbound was now another ticket. Did you have to pay for reinstating? Where there different PNRs for the reinstated flight and original return?
Old Jul 26, 2024, 12:15 am

Did you even try to "claim missing miles" (the form you fill out in your M&B account online) with the details of the ticket the counter issued?
irishguy28 and ariadgr_ like this.
Old Jul 26, 2024, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that was the first step I took in this, and they denied it saying my husband was NOT on the flight, even though I sent the boarding pass and baggage tags.
Old Jul 26, 2024, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

So here is the weird part, the ATH to MUC segment of the ticket was still OK. Just the HAM to ATH segment had been CXLD, which didn't make any sense at all. the counter staff in HAM reticketed the HAM to ATH portion of the ticket. We did not have to pay at the counter for it to be re-ticketed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.