Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2024, 5:10 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
In general no but BA will start to use the EI lounge in DUB for its LHR/LGW/LCY flights from June 6th onwards so it will be curious to see how this is handled if a EI status holder is booked on BA out of Dublin as BA status holders have long had access on EI out of both DUB and LHR
That’s going to seriously overcrowd the EI lounge as things stand.
DELLAS likes this.
Old May 31, 2024, 7:50 am

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by alserire
That’s going to seriously overcrowd the EI lounge as things stand.
Agree, EI will need to either increase lounge capacity or reduce entrants before long. The BA flights have large volumes of J and status pax which will put further strain on an already busy lounge.

Measures to reduce entrants will obviously be unpopular to many but it’s clear the EI lounge policies are quite off-market.
alserire likes this.
Old May 31, 2024, 8:00 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Well next step is to remove access from Sliver card holders, that would pretty well empty the lounge. This will happen as this again aligns with OW
alserire likes this.
Old May 31, 2024, 8:10 am

I think we are reaching a crunch point very soon. BA have a 07:00 to LCY and a 07:15 to LHR. Those flights combined could easily have 50+ pax with lounge access. Add a further 50+ people to the lounge at 06:00 and you have a material shortage of seating with a very chaotic kitchen area. Exit many unhappy pax.
Kgmm77 and alserire like this.
Old May 31, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EuroBonus Gold, ITA Club Executive, Mucci
Well next step is to remove access from Sliver card holders, that would pretty well empty the lounge. This will happen as this again aligns with OW
Yes, oneworld could be a double edged sword, because if they do join in some capacity, you're right - Green would be nothing, Silver oneworld Ruby (which no airline offers lounge access on, to my knowledge), Platinum to Sapphire and Concierge to Emerald.

That being said, still no word on that, as there hasn't been since they left in 2007, so maybe it'll never happen, but who knows.
alserire likes this.
Old May 31, 2024, 9:17 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
They tried back in 2017/18 with AerClub and Sliver only got you into EI operated lounge and no further. It was rolled back

ORD/SFO are now Platinum and above only so it will slowly creep in
alserire likes this.
Old May 31, 2024, 1:20 pm

Silver access will be a lot easier to axe now that Aer Lingus has expanded so much and they will be able to manage any backlash that was threatened before. As stated there are a huge amount of Silvers who clog up the lounge on low revenue fares. Controversial but true .
alserire and mailliW like this.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 1:57 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge, FB Plat
While I usually use the Privium Lounge in AMS I decided to give the Aspire a go and well, it did not go well.

There was a queue to the end of the corridor, and it was moving slow until after 10 minutes I decided just to go to the front and was told, the queue is just for "Priority Pass/Dragonpass" and that as either business class/status card holder I could just skip it and go to the desk.
Fun, and how was I supposed to know, right after I asked, one of the desk staff finally went out and announced that business class/status cards should just go to the desk.

Finaly in, not a single space to sit available, dirty dishes everywhere and the food offering well underwhelming.

So, I left and went into the Privium Lounge, it's small but you know what you get.
DELLAS and MM00LL2 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 3:09 pm

AMS as a whole is a underwhelming experience these days and I have been using it for close to 30 years . The only lounge I like is the new OW lounge .
sven60035 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold | Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by EI320
I think we are reaching a crunch point very soon. BA have a 07:00 to LCY and a 07:15 to LHR. Those flights combined could easily have 50+ pax with lounge access. Add a further 50+ people to the lounge at 06:00 and you have a material shortage of seating with a very chaotic kitchen area. Exit many unhappy pax.
Mentioned today on the BA forum, the One World website states that BA passengers will only have access to the Aer Lingus lounge if departing after 9am. Anyone on a BA flight departing before 9am will instead have access to the DAA T2 lounge.

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lou...s?location=DUB
Old Jun 5, 2024, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by K_Ryan
Mentioned today on the BA forum, the One World website states that BA passengers will only have access to the Aer Lingus lounge if departing after 9am. Anyone on a BA flight departing before 9am will instead have access to the DAA T2 lounge.

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lou...s?location=DUB
At least they foresaw the problem and addressed it.

The EI lounge should have just enough capacity after 09:00 to handle BA/IB pax but it will be tight at times.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by EI320
At least they foresaw the problem and addressed it.

The EI lounge should have just enough capacity after 09:00 to handle BA/IB pax but it will be tight at times.
In future they may need to do what LH and SK at some airports do and have a section just for Concierge and equiv.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 12:57 pm

Update on the LHR lounge

Look like a major job, whole ceiling has to come out. Apparently the air con never worked properly so it has to be redone. Makes sense, always found the lounge a little too hot/sticky
Old Jun 5, 2024, 1:05 pm

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Gold, NH Platinum
Update on the LHR lounge

Look like a major job, whole ceiling has to come out. Apparently the air con never worked properly so it has to be redone. Makes sense, always found the lounge a little too hot/sticky
Twice last year it was late 20s/early 30s temp-wise in London and the hired in air conditioners were struggling so that’s really good to hear!
DELLAS likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Pete_23567
Twice last year it was late 20s/early 30s temp-wise in London and the hired in air conditioners were struggling so that’s really good to hear!
Always been incredibly stuffy and hot in there during July and August its been at times unbearable so a welcome change if it is being redone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.