Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Gold
this should work out fine

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Terminal 3
The Flagship Lounge is in terminal 3. I just have to walk from my UA arrival gate to terminal 3 one time.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 4:05 am

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
Aer Lingus DUB lounge - filthy and neglected. What is going on?

Old Jun 24, 2024, 4:25 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Wow. That is absolutely shocking.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EuroBonus Gold, ITA Club Executive, Mucci
That sink has been out for at least a week, because it was a week ago I was there and that sign was in it then.

Regarding the toilet roll, fair call - I'm not sure how frequently they get in to clean it up. They are very small bathrooms for the amount of people in the lounge really.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 5:14 am

Disgusting that should never be like that! That sink has been broken for at least two weeks.
alserire likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 5:23 am

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
That sink has been out for at least a week, because it was a week ago I was there and that sign was in it then.

Regarding the toilet roll, fair call - I'm not sure how frequently they get in to clean it up. They are very small bathrooms for the amount of people in the lounge really.
If I recall correctly, the sink was out of action when I was there over 4 weeks ago. The lack of interest or urgency in fixing it is just a microcosm for the broader attitude of laziness and mediocrity that pervades much of EI.

The toilet had clearly not been looked at for quite some time. It really makes you wonder what is going on at EI these days. The desk staff could spend less time chatting and more time monitoring and managing the performance of service providers. But of course, "that is not my job", they will say.
Teplane likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2024, 7:03 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum / Marriott Bonvoy Gold
American Airlines Admirals Club Terminal 3
Wish it was the Admirals Club but it's the Flagship lounge (which is still an excellent lounge).
Old Jul 1, 2024, 8:10 am

Nothing new, except for the long standing but rarely understood lounge at LHR benefit

If flying on a BA issued ticket where the IE-LHR flight is EI and your onward flight is a BA flight you have access to the LHR Galleries lounges in T5. They will deny you entry initially but insist they pull the picture book with the lounge access guidelines. I've used this several times each time with a refusal and then admission with no apology or acknowledgement. Never tried T3 only T5
Just tried this in T5 south, you weren't wrong. Initially refused with them saying they have no relationship with EI (I assume she meant agreement). I politely pointed out that it is a little known access rule and if she could consult the access guidelines it should be there (as per your guidance ROKNA ). She then said she had no access to the EI lounge access rules....so I told her to access 'your' rules which she did but I think she was flustered at this point and didn't know where to look. I showed her the rule on the EI website and showed my status etc which she then seemed to accept.

I'm not sure if she found the rule herself also or just gave up as it sounded like I knew what I was talking about and there was a queue building (which I apologized for the obscurity of the rule slowing things up) . She was quite pleasant throughout though and simply mentioned that as the lounge was so busy (which it is!) they had to justify all entries (fair enough).
Old Jul 1, 2024, 8:43 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Top marks for being persistent and polite as the BA lounge dragons are not the most friendly folks to deal with when the computer says no.

There is a physical book which has a photograph of all the status cards and the text which goes with them with access terms, its a binder, laminated pages.

British Airways Lounge in London Heathrow when you have an Aer Lingus and British Airways flight on the same ticket/booking
https://www.aerlingus.com/prepare/ai...rport-lounges/
mccartje likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2024, 10:17 am

Programs: EI Concierge, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Platinum
British Airways Lounge in London Heathrow when you have an Aer Lingus and British Airways flight on the same ticket/booking
The way that's phrased, it seems to suggest that an RT DUB/LHR with EI one direction and BA in the other would be eligible. Does anyone know if that's the case in reality? I've always assumed it is intended for through passengers to long haul (eg, DUB-LHR-HKG)
Old Jul 1, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Its for through tickets, the background is when EI exited OW a series of arrangements were put in place as at the time BA did not operate any IE-UK flights to maintain some degree of mutual recognition continued to rely on EI.

So BA exec and J class get access in SNN/ORK/DUB flying to UK on EI with or without connection onwards, same applies in LHR T2 on the way back
For EI the deal was for lounge access when transferring via LHR

BA bought BD (British Midland) on the way and then started to fly DUB-LHR, thats why the agreement doesn't look sensible now, but in the context of when it was agreed it makes sense
sven60035, alserire and Teplane like this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 8:00 am

Top marks for being persistent and polite as the BA lounge dragons are not the most friendly folks to deal with when the computer says no.

There is a physical book which has a photograph of all the status cards and the text which goes with them with access terms, its a binder, laminated pages.

I was hoping she would pull out a physical book but she said hers was online and she'd need to check it (what form this took I don't know as I didn't feel like I could peer around to her screen).
Maybe a note to others is to have that EI website link ready and open on your phone to give you some extra evidence. It was also handy that I had physically printed BPs (no app/online check in for the BA segment so I went to the desk in DUB) that showed the the same ticket number on both (the BA leg had an extra 2 at the end I assume denoting the 2nd leg or whatever ticketing logic it applies).
Old Jul 9, 2024, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Its for through tickets, the background is when EI exited OW a series of arrangements were put in place as at the time BA did not operate any IE-UK flights to maintain some degree of mutual recognition continued to rely on EI.

So BA exec and J class get access in SNN/ORK/DUB flying to UK on EI with or without connection onwards, same applies in LHR T2 on the way back
For EI the deal was for lounge access when transferring via LHR

BA bought BD (British Midland) on the way and then started to fly DUB-LHR, thats why the agreement doesn't look sensible now, but in the context of when it was agreed it makes sense
Travelling in a few weeks on EI from LHR to DUB but with BA flight code. I understand that as I have BA status I can use the lounge? Assume this applies to the Plaza lounge whilest EI T2 lounge is closed? Has anyone had any issues getting into the Plaza lounge with BA status on an EI flight?
Old Jul 10, 2024, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Yes, you're entitled to lounge access in that scenario (no guest). Can't speak to how it's been at the Plaza Premium as I've been going in on my EI status.
Old Jul 13, 2024, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by EI320

All back to normal today

]
FlightDetective, EI320 and MM00LL2 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.