Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

NYC to DUB - No Business Class Reward Availability?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2024 | 10:50 am
Original Poster

Hi folks! I'm new to AerClub, and I am trying to book a reward ticket flight in Business Class from either JFK or EWR to DUB. I started with as far out as possible, May 13, 2025, and worked my way backward through the months of May, April, and March. Not a single Business Class reward seat available (though plenty of Economy Class). The results either show a single column with only Economy Class, or with a second column for Business Class, but indicating "Sold Out." Is there really no availability, or is there a trick I'm missing? (I'm actually planning a trip on June 1, 2025 but I'm "scouting" right now for when June 1 would become available.) Thanks!
alserire likes this.

Last edited by MrMoonlight; Jun 17, 2024 at 10:55 am
Old Jun 17, 2024 | 11:01 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Very few J seats available and those are available are visible to not just AerClub but also to United, Alaska, British Airways. Due tax situations BA members seem very eager to grab EI J seats
Old Jun 17, 2024 | 11:37 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, ITA - Executive, Hotels.com - Gold
What I find odd is when you dummy book and see no seats sold in J but when you go looking for award seats there aren’t any.

I’m concierge for one year only and I’m despairing of using my vouchers at this stage.
Old Jun 17, 2024 | 12:50 pm
5 Years on Site

Maybe they've not released them yet? I've checked a few summer 2024 dates seeing business class availability across multiple dates

Old Jun 17, 2024 | 12:55 pm
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by alserire
What I find odd is when you dummy book and see no seats sold in J but when you go looking for award seats there aren’t any.

I’m concierge for one year only and I’m despairing of using my vouchers at this stage.
have you tried calling the concierge line? They can give you an indication of availability for upgrade prior to making any booking. I've always been lucky with mine got a return to SFO earlier this year.
Old Jun 17, 2024 | 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by mailliW
have you tried calling the concierge line? They can give you an indication of availability for upgrade prior to making any booking. I've always been lucky with mine got a return to SFO earlier this year.

Thanks. I might give that a go
Old Jun 17, 2024 | 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mailliW
Maybe they've not released them yet? I've checked a few summer 2024 dates seeing business class availability across multiple dates
Yes, I just checked myself, and there are a few dates during summer 2024, but not many. From what I can see, at least on this route, they may decide which business class reward seat to make available based upon which seats remain unsold as the travel date approaches. That's just my guess.
Old Jun 18, 2024 | 8:42 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by MrMoonlight
Hi folks! I'm new to AerClub, and I am trying to book a reward ticket flight in Business Class from either JFK or EWR to DUB. I started with as far out as possible, May 13, 2025, and worked my way backward through the months of May, April, and March. Not a single Business Class reward seat available (though plenty of Economy Class). The results either show a single column with only Economy Class, or with a second column for Business Class, but indicating "Sold Out." Is there really no availability, or is there a trick I'm missing? (I'm actually planning a trip on June 1, 2025 but I'm "scouting" right now for when June 1 would become available.) Thanks!
I don’t think they’ve been released yet, the latest date that is bookable today is 14 May 2025. What you will need to do is monitor it daily then when the date you want appears, book it. You’ll then have to do the same for the return although you may need to phone to book the return flight as taxes may need adjusting. There shouldn’t be a charge for booking return by phone as the return part wouldn’t have been available at time of booking outward. That is how I understand it but I may be wrong. Reward seats in J are very difficult to get but with a bit of forward planning not totally unobtainable. Good luck!
AerMail likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2024 | 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by alserire

Fly to Boston. Never not gotten my reward seat for Boston.
alserire likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2024 | 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by AerMail
Fly to Boston. Never not gotten my reward seat for Boston.
Thanks. Interesting to know as it’s one of the places I want to go!
Old Jun 19, 2024 | 7:10 am

Programs: EI Conc
As someone who splits time between BOS and Florida (MCO) the only small downside is that BOS-DUB (or SNN) is such a short flight that it feels like a sub-optimal use of generic benefit like the upgrade voucher. Avios rewards are different (generally and for upgrade) because there is a differnce in pricing - but i used one of my Concierge vouchers for a mate coming to ireland from SEA and he effectively gets twice the benefit of a J upgrade (versus BOS-DUB) giving the flying time!!
(understood this not a "problem" but just a point if people are using Plat/Conc upgrades).
Old Aug 16, 2024 | 7:47 am
5 Years on Site

FYI was searching for rewards flights earlier lots of availability in business early Oct dub or snn to jfk
DELLAS, MM00LL2 and Pete_23567 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.