Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

MBNA Aer Lingus card (for U.S. residents)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2003, 12:24 am
Original Poster

I just saw that MBNA is offering a no-fee credit card that would earn points on AL's FF program.

As Aer Lingus is a OW airline I assume that one would be able to use those points towards AA tickets.

I tried looking up how many miles one would need for a domestic flight on AA but I don't think I found the right information. Could it be true that they would give you a ticket from Boston to SF on AA for 10000 points? Are these the same type of points that one would earn (1/$1) with the MBNA card? If that is the case then this must be by far the best deal out there for a credit card!

Aer Lingus Mileage chart:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?I67B347B3
Old Mar 7, 2003, 8:35 am

If I recall ther were severe drawbacks. I read some where that you only get one point per every $12.00. In addition points expire every 5 years.

I too, woudl love it if some one who knows more would post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.