Wiki Posts
Search

"Delayed baggage" from MSP to YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSE
"Delayed baggage" from MSP to YYZ

I am feeling highly frustrated with the telephone "customer service" that is currently available. And despite being told that my bag is at YYZ and has been there since Friday night - I do not have it , now midday on Sunday. I am 35 minutes from the airport....
So does anyone have a telephone number for the AirCanada Baggage desk in T1 International Arrivals, as I would like to confirm that my bag is there prior to heading down to pick it up.
Needless to say I am out again tomorrow and will either have to get the bag and (its contents) or a full replacement.
Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
If you're SE, call the concierge
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Gannonman
I am feeling highly frustrated with the telephone "customer service" that is currently available. And despite being told that my bag is at YYZ and has been there since Friday night - I do not have it , now midday on Sunday. I am 35 minutes from the airport....
So does anyone have a telephone number for the AirCanada Baggage desk in T1 International Arrivals, as I would like to confirm that my bag is there prior to heading down to pick it up.
Needless to say I am out again tomorrow and will either have to get the bag and (its contents) or a full replacement.
Thanks
Baggage Customer service is in India. They are totally useless.
Air Canada seriously need to bring back the baggage service to Canada.

One of my family member bag was delayed. It arrived in YYZ on Sunday. We did not get it until Wednesday evening.

Good luck with dealing with the India Agents. You will get a different story every time you call.

Once you get the baggage. You will have The next frustrating experience to look forward to.
I am now trying to get reimbursed for the interim expense. Sent in all original documentation.
Although the claims are process in Montreal, we still have to deal with the India agents for updates.
Sent in the documents by courier. Called for confirmation of receipt. Was told by the India Agent Documents received. Claim being processed.
Should have the reimbursement in 2 weeks.
Called 2 weeks later. Got another agent in India.
This one wanted to know when I sent in the claim. Cannot see it in the file a claim was filed .
Had to tell him, maybe he should read the notes again or transfer me to the supervisor. India Agents do not like having to transfer to supervisor.
Surprise surprise, suddenly he found the note where it stated the claim had been received 21/2 weeks ago.
This agent now tells me it takes 4-6 weeks for the cllaim to be processed.
I am sure if I call in week or 2 I will get another India Agent & another story.

This is why, Where I have a choice I refuse to give my $$$$ to companies who have call centers in India.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
If you're SE, call the concierge
This.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Gannonman
Thanks
The people on the phone don't have any idea where your bag is but they will lie to you and say they do, but they won't tell you. Call your concierge. I can only wish I had a concierge available to me. I got my bag after 4 days missing, the last time, but I am sure they're still looking for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.