Wiki Posts
Search

About the 767 seat map

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
About the 767 seat map

I have just booked a couple of flights on the 767 and can't figure out which version I got from the seat map.

On this picture, you can see the seat map I got when selecting the seats, the seat map that AC.com shows and the seat map from Seatguru.

I am wondering about that middle row 19 that is available on my seat selection map but doesn't seem to exist according to AC.com or Seatguru. If I pick seats in this middle 19 row, do I end up with free privilege seating or will I be screwed and be re-seated in the back of the place because of some silly IT glitch?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jasdou
I have just booked a couple of flights on the 767 and can't figure out which version I got from the seat map.

On this picture, you can see the seat map I got when selecting the seats, the seat map that AC.com shows and the seat map from Seatguru.

I am wondering about that middle row 19 that is available on my seat selection map but doesn't seem to exist according to AC.com or Seatguru. If I pick seats in this middle 19 row, do I end up with free privilege seating or will I be screwed and be re-seated in the back of the place because of some silly IT glitch?
Privilege seating? You mean preferred seating? PS your image didn't show up as you linked it wrong

Here it is for everyone else:

Preferred seating doesn't give you priority boarding. You'll be boarded by zone (if you dont have status) and zone is linked to where the seat is on the aircraft. From what I understand, zone 3 is near the back, then 4 is nearer to the front then 5 is nearest to the front right up to row 18. Someone correct me pls if i'm wrong
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Yeah - preferred seating. Sorry for using the wrong lingo! Thanks for fixing my image. So, any thoughts on this magical row 19?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jasdou
Yeah - preferred seating. Sorry for using the wrong lingo! Thanks for fixing my image. So, any thoughts on this magical row 19?
No problem. We all learn on FT I updated my post, not sure if you caught it, but I think I answered it (99% sure i'm right on zone vs location on A/C)
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like the seat selection map is Version 1 while the other two are for Version 2 of the AC 763?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Preferred seating doesn't give you priority boarding. You'll be boarded by zone (if you dont have status) and zone is linked to where the seat is on the aircraft. From what I understand, zone 3 is near the back, then 4 is nearer to the front then 5 is nearest to the front right up to row 18. Someone correct me pls if i'm wrong
I'm not overly concerned about boarding zone as I'm E35K so I'll get zone 2 anyway. I'm just looking for legroom!

Looks like the seat selection map is Version 1 while the other two are for Version 2 of the AC 763?
It's not version 1 as version 1 only has three rows ahead of the galley. So it does look like version 2 in all cases, except for row 19.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 791 May 1 seat map

On AC.com, 791 at 10:45 is listed as a 320.
The seat map describes it as a 320 but the map is a 763
Any ideas if this mean a sub? Thanks.

(BTW, AC 789 at 8:00 is a 763 and the map matches)
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The AC seat selection maps are all gridded therefore actual shifts and staggers never show... where a seat may "look" occupied sometimes means there is actually no seat that physically exists in that spot.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
The AC seat selection maps are all gridded therefore actual shifts and staggers never show... where a seat may "look" occupied sometimes means there is actually no seat that physically exists in that spot.

Thanks.
The odd thing is that if I look at May 2 or 3, AC791 lists as a 320 and the seat map is for a 320. It seems this flight on May 1 is a mystery. For me anyway.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:06 am

Actually, it could very well be this "3rd" seating chart:

http://www.aircanada.com/shared/imag...map/767-l2.png

Layout 2 on AC's website links to the 767-l3.png. It's one of the two C24-Y187 layouts. What the website doesn't show is this third layout at 767-l2.png, which is also C24-Y187, but have the seating arrangement slightly modified. This matches with how the 17s are blocked but there's a 19-DEF available.

Layout 1 on AC's website is the C25-Y166 layout. It is in the process of being Rouged. There's only one left flying mainline, C-GHLV.

Layout 2 has 15 birds still flying.

Layout "3" only has 2 aircraft: C-GHLA and C-GHLK, which is probably why they don't bother showing it.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:18 am
Suspended

My question had nothing to do with the 767 layout. I've flown on that equipment often enough to know the different layouts, and specifically, flown it to LAX (no lav in the middle config).

My question is related to the equipment that AC.com is showing for the specific flight. It says it's a 320. The seat map is a 763. Just on May 1.

Since I can't get a clear answer, I'll move on. Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:53 pm

Sorry I should've made it clear I was trying to answer the original question.

Originally Posted by 24left
Thanks.
The odd thing is that if I look at May 2 or 3, AC791 lists as a 320 and the seat map is for a 320. It seems this flight on May 1 is a mystery. For me anyway.
Not sure if it's a mistake or a sub. Given that the return flight AC792 shows a A320 seat map, I'd say is a mistake.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I also have a similar situation as 24left (from YYZ-SFO-YYZ in early June).

On the booking pages, it shows as a 763, but when I go to the seat map upon selecting my seat, it shows the usual 2x2 of the A320 J cabin.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by briguychau
....Not sure if it's a mistake or a sub. Given that the return flight AC792 shows a A320 seat map, I'd say is a mistake.
Yes, I figured that out. I will optimistically assume that someone who has purchased a ticket on that flight gets the proper seat map when they are doing their seat selection. If not, it's going to be messy.

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I also have a similar situation as 24left (from YYZ-SFO-YYZ in early June).

On the booking pages, it shows as a 763, but when I go to the seat map upon selecting my seat, it shows the usual 2x2 of the A320 J cabin.

Thank you.
I notice these things because these are my regular outbound flights.
LAX and SFO are pretty consistent, with seasonal adjustments of course, and now larger birds for the early a.m. outbounds.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Hi 24left, I "hedged" my bet by selecting 2A and if it turns out to be a pod, great. At least 2A is my preferred seat on the A320.

My flight is AC738 SFO-YYZ, and the inbound AC737 shows as a 763, so perhaps the arrangements get updated soon.

They promise AC737 "Business Class - Transcontinental with lie-flat seats", so that's what I (and you, for your LAX flights) hopefully receive.
My sister and I enjoyed flying YYZ-LAX a few years ago when it was the 763 on AC791.

Originally Posted by 24left
Thank you.
I notice these things because these are my regular outbound flights.
LAX and SFO are pretty consistent, with seasonal adjustments of course, and now larger birds for the early a.m. outbounds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.