Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC to Unveil the Future of Canada's Flag Carrier at Toronto, Montreal & Van. events

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC to Unveil the Future of Canada's Flag Carrier at Toronto, Montreal & Van. events

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:05 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
IMO the raccoon windows are entirely brilliant. Now the cockpit windows are PART of the design and harmonized between all the various types. >> BRILLiANT <<
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:08 pm
10 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Don't you know that his opinions are actually facts?

That's a fact!
Facts are totally old school.
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:10 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by canopus27
Facts are totally old school.
#resist
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:11 pm
10 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I'm just glad that AC has a new theme song.

(and it even includes DrunkCargo )
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:24 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
This thread is horrible.

you should change the post title and then maybe reflect on how your self progressed liberalism contradicts with your exclusionary ideas of what is and not is Canadian.
Not sure what "self progressed" means but clearly the black and white represent authoritarianism and the dash of red emphasizes a violent attitude; definitely un-Canadian ...

And a tempest in a teapot
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:34 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
So here's my opinion as a total outsider: it looks like someone took black electrical tape and wrapped parts of the planes with it.
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:37 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Dusit
Originally Posted by Dorian
IMO the raccoon windows are entirely brilliant. Now the cockpit windows are PART of the design and harmonized between all the various types. >> BRILLiANT <<
Your use of the term "brilliant" for this boring change reminds me of the people who make sure that every kid gets a ribbon and medal at a school's athletics day.

As has been said by others, the sky blue colour was decent. It was calming, tranquil and inviting. While the new colour scheme isn't bad, it is neither innovative, nor very Canadian. Had AC put on a few portraits of famous Canadians or symbols like Samuel de Champlain, or the Canadian horse, or a first nations lacrosse player, or a smiling Innu kid fishing, we could have had a bit of a celebration of Canadian culture. Alaska Airlines and Frontier do this.
What we got from AC was dull, bland and boring. Not unexpected.
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Your use of the term "brilliant" for this boring change reminds me of the people who make sure that every kid gets a ribbon and medal at a school's athletics day.
You see boring and I see innovative. Harmonizing cockpit windows across so many variants... it is brilliant.
Sh*t on it all you want but it is a great design idea.
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:48 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by caliform
I like the new raccoon livery.
It's not a raccoon.

It's a corporate statement:
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer

As has been said by others, the sky blue colour was decent. It was calming, tranquil and inviting. While the new colour scheme isn't bad, it is neither innovative, nor very Canadian. Had AC put on a few portraits of famous Canadians or symbols like Samuel de Champlain, or the Canadian horse, or a first nations lacrosse player, or a smiling Innu kid fishing, we could have had a bit of a celebration of Canadian culture. Alaska Airlines and Frontier do this.
What we got from AC was dull, bland and boring. Not unexpected.
So, every airline is boring, except Alaska and Frontier. Personal, I hate frontier plane's. BTW, AC has the most important Canadian image front and centre on the tail. It's called the Maple Leaf. Known around the world. Can't get more Canadian than that.
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:56 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by KenHamer
It's not a raccoon.

It's a corporate statement:
Air Canada Presents
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Air Canada Presents
Larger washrooms?
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 8:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsfrSE
This in my opinion would be perfect !
+1
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 8:05 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
That was my point; it may not have been publicly announced, but if they're openly discussing it with customers at aircraft unveilings, it's not a secret. They're not telling you anything they want to keep too firmly under wraps.
Herb Tarlek to Les Nessman, on WKRP in Cincinnati: "Don't tell this to anyone. And Les, don't tell them soon."

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Black Ice I remember when I used to live in Montreal, oui c'est bien froide

Attachment 26941
Old Feb 9, 2017 | 8:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hallwax0r
Canada 150 livery?
July 1st?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.