Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC to Unveil the Future of Canada's Flag Carrier at Toronto, Montreal & Van. events

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC to Unveil the Future of Canada's Flag Carrier at Toronto, Montreal & Van. events

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:04 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
Interesting bit.

"Check out Air Canada’s Brand New Livery"

http://thepointsguy.com/2017/02/air-canada-new-livery/

(some amusing comments)
My favourite was "@AirCanada how [does] it evoke Mountains and Landscapes?", which is one of the points I've been making for a while.

Every person I've talked to (non-FFs) who has seen the re-branding thinks that having "AIR CANADA" on the side of the plane looks hideous and, when I show them the pictures from trek604 in this thread, thinks that the whole thing would look much better if the writing were in red.

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
[...]
AC has a new colour scheme and that's ok by me. However, I, like hundreds of thousands of other consumers, don't really care. I would fly AC with the old livery, or the livery from 1970 or from 1985 as long as the price was right and/or the quality delivered met my requirements. I can't eat the paint chips although I do wonder if AC recycles them into the "gourmet" cuisine.
A great post overall. I wouldn't agree that branding is completely irrelevant, but I'm 100% on board with the concept that other aspects are far more important and that AC isn't doing so well on some of those scores.

Originally Posted by Ber2dca
How often do you think a guy who buys a new Ford truck every couple of years get to talk to the CEO of Ford? How often does a guy who's bought a Subway sandwich every weekday for lunch over the last 5 years get to speak to their execs?

There's ways corporations try to collect the opinions of their customers but they don't usually involve face-to-face meetings with execs. Unless you're talking about strategic partners of course (like say a maker of airplane parts that sells 60% of those to Boeing; their CEO probably is happy to meet with Boeing reps all the time).
Depends on the business, but it's not uncommon for senior management to have conversations with important clients, even if those clients represent far less than 60% of a company's revenue. Not that the CEO of TD is going to spend an entire day with a guy who has a chequing account, but he may do some face-to-face meetings with companies that are key clients of TD's investment bank, even though each of those clients may only represent fractions of a percentage point of TD's revenue.

The guy who goes to Subway 5x weekly won't get to meet the CEO, but the franchisee who owns the store he goes to probably knows him well. I liked Ken's example of the guy buying lots of trucks.

And so on. So for someone like BenS to spend a few minutes with some FFs isn't out of keeping with what happens in other industries.

I think it's good for executives of almost any business to meet some big customers once in a while. In large corporations, messages can easily get lost or distorted as they work their way from the customer to front-line staff, through various layers of middle management, before finally making it to upper management.

Speaking customers directly from time to time is a good reality check. It's a way to check how well the lines of communication are flowing in your organisation and occasionally to hear some interesting perspectives on challenges your business may face.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:05 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
There is less space in the pod and entering the pod based on the measurements I took on both the 789 and a 777. I did not measure the seat itself, other than the distance between the table and the seatback. I posted this either in the Dreamliner thread of the 777 refurb thread or the other thread where there was discussion of the space differences.
I don't know what's with all the bellyaching about those pods. I'm 6'4" (and not a skinny guy) and have no problem with the room in them them; they're a vast improvement on the old pods, in which I was constantly bumping up against something.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I don't know what's with all the bellyaching about those pods. I'm 6'4" (and not a skinny guy) and have no problem with the room in them them; they're a vast improvement on the old pods, in which I was constantly bumping up against something.
Maybe you're not much of a side-sleeper? I think that's where most of the complaints come from.

Cheers,
bawm
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Kamalaasaa
Curious about very the new uniforms. Is the bow tie for MLL staff? Has cabin crew ever worn bow ties?
That's the designer Christopher Bates.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
How often do you think a guy who buys a new Ford truck every couple of years get to talk to the CEO of Ford? How often does a guy who's bought a Subway sandwich every weekday for lunch over the last 5 years get to speak to their execs?
Some people go to auto shows.

Jared Fogle got to speak with a lot of authorities.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
https://skift.com/2017/02/13/whats-b...-new-branding/

Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB
I feel AC already stands out in the world, not necessary to re-paint. What a waste of money.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Brulé is not a virtual person, he believes in tactility and paper. While MONOCLE does have a web site, it has refused to create a tablet version of its monthly magazine. (He even co-hosts a weekly podcast on print magazines and newspapers.) So I found his remark that AC will start publishing a paper timetable once more very interesting.

Also find it curious that Winkreative did not find itself in a conflict of interest working on both the PORTER (it publishes that airline's quarterly inflight magazine) and AIR CANADA accounts.

But in a design sense he is quite correct in limiting AC's livery to one primary "colour", i.e. black over the white base. (Just like a print designer uses the white paper background with a single primary text colour, i.e. black. And using a second colour (i.e. red) to highlight a key feature. Thus the red is used only sparsely to highlight the AC rondelle rather than cluttering the overall design with two colours battling for dominance on the white background.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Given UA's Polaris soft product has adopted Saks 5th Avenue (owned by HBC, Hudson's Bay) blankets and pillows for its business cabins, I wonder if AC will revamp its soft product bedding with HBC blankets and pillows. The catering appears to adopt a more Canadian content, particularly the wine/beer list -- its about time we do what SAA, NZ and QF do and stress our own liquid libations when they rate it, perhaps along with an alternative from the country where a return flight originates (i.e. French/German/Italian/Spanish from Europe, Chilean/Argentinian from South America, Ozzi from down under...as for Asia, stick to local beer).
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:44 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
That was my understanding as well, and is essentially my point. If airlines are truly interested in the input of their more valuable customers, picking up the costs of doing so would be expected. In 2017, having a loyal customer base willing to pay to fly five hours for a restrained chinwag with a VP must be manna from heaven to these guys.
Problem is that group would be a self selected sample. Their opinions might still be valuable, but their input coloured.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Given UA's Polaris soft product has adopted Saks 5th Avenue (owned by HBC, Hudson's Bay) blankets and pillows for its business cabins, I wonder if AC will revamp its soft product bedding with HBC blankets and pillows. The catering appears to adopt a more Canadian content, particularly the wine/beer list -- its about time we do what SAA, NZ and QF do and stress our own liquid libations when they rate it, perhaps along with an alternative from the country where a return flight originates (i.e. French/German/Italian/Spanish from Europe, Chilean/Argentinian from South America, Ozzi from down under...as for Asia, stick to local beer).
Exactly. the last 4 flights i took transatlantic .. out of 6 wine choices, there was 1 Canadian.

and poutine. how about that as an appetizer or a midflight snack.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by karachi
E
That might be the worst idea ever.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by karachi
uh NO.

What next... Swiss Chalet chicken with dipping sauce?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Given UA's Polaris soft product has adopted Saks 5th Avenue (owned by HBC, Hudson's Bay) blankets and pillows for its business cabins, I wonder if AC will revamp its soft product bedding with HBC blankets and pillows.
Wouldn't having HBC blankets come into branding conflict with Roots who recently partnered up with AC for a 'high-flying shopping experience'?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: air miles
I was wondering if continuing the black tail colour down to the rear of the fuselage might improve the look. Well looks like someone may have beat me to it and so you are spared from my crappy ms paint skillz. He's a scheme that I kind of like.

Delete the writing on the tail and the tag line on the fuselage, add the rondelle to the belly and what do you think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.