Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Determine AC fare class before buying ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

On AC website, how can you easily see a fare class before purchase. All I see is standard and flex economy and business. They when you look at ticket before purchase it says tango etc but no fare class. I need to confirm fare class as it impacts the new mileage plus points.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dts9
On AC website, how can you easily see a fare class before purchase. All I see is standard and flex economy and business. They when you look at ticket before purchase it says tango etc but no fare class. I need to confirm fare class as it impacts the new mileage plus points.
All these AC buckets could potentially include different fare classes. Before completing a booking., however, it should be possible to check the fare clasby looking at details for each way. I would have to look in detail and do a mock booking to tell precisely where in the process and it's a bit late in the day...
Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I couldnt find it anywhere.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by dts9
It sounds like you crediting to UA. Its been reported that since AC has introduced Branded Fares within North America that they remap your flight to a different fare class depending on the brand purchased and route flown when sending miles to other FFP.

I think Standard usually becomes T, Flex to Q, and Comfort to U or M. So if you buy Standard M, it may only show up as T on UA etc.

YMMV (literally)
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Click the details link under the flight.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's not corect. You need to go further doen the process, pick all your flights, get to the page where you get a price. There, on the right there is a red heading saying, for instance "Business class) with on the right, in black, the price of the corresponding segment. Click on the red "Busielss class (lowest)" or whatever,
Then you get a page with, on the top right, "See complete fare rules." click on that. Then the last line of the top block is:

FCL: ZRC0 TRF: 864 RULE: ACFR BK: Z
Meaning that this is a Z fare, specifically ZRC0.

For economy fares, there should be the fare class, and the AC bin it falls within (Standard, flex, cComfort, "you are cheap and want to suffer," Latitude, whatever).

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Click the details link under the flight.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by Stranger
That's not corect. You need to go further doen the process, pick all your flights, get to the page where you get a price.
That screenshot was from the last page of a booking where you have a price. You don't need the full fare rules and basis code to get the fare class. After clicking the details popup you'll see the fare class (in this case K). That does not necessarily help understand what it maps to for a different carrier.

Fare class
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
That screenshot was from the last page of a booking where you have a price. You don't need the full fare rules and basis code to get the fare class. After clicking the details popup you'll see the fare class (in this case K). That does not necessarily help understand what it maps to for a different carrier.

Fare class

Actually it is from the same page I was mentioning, you refer to the "Detials" on the right side of the left box. I was referring to the fare mentioned on the right, which entails a couple more clicks but gives more details.

For instance: H1WLCFL, which shows it's H *and* it's Flex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.