Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
YVR-ZRH
AC882

Boeing 787-8
Meal: dinner, breakfast

Champagne was Laurent-Perrier.

Menu

Appetizer

Lamb

Pre-arrival breakfast
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
CMN-YUL 18-June. White wine choices quite poor. A Chardonnay and an off-dry German Riesling. Commented to the SD when she came round and she took note. Agreed with me that there was no dry white choice for an ABC person (anything but chardonnay). Champagne was a nice consolation.

PS Menu-choice taker got the seats mixed up and called the gentlemen seated behind me by my name (first order taken). No harm done. We both had the tasty beef.
PPS Over half the front cabin were US citizens on vacation travel, as observed from passports in hand and scattered accents.
--
13F
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
June 21, 2022
YVR-SYD
AC33

Boeing 787-9
Meal: Dinner, Breakfast

Champagne offered was Laurent-Perrier.

Menu:

Orders were taken by order of status while on the ground. Because I have no status with AC, I was one of the last passengers to have my order taken. I think they catered this flight well, as I chose and received the lamb option (as did most of the cabin). The lamb was slightly overcooked but still edible albeit mildly dry. This was all served at the same time on a single tray due to it being served after midnight (departure city time). Prawns in the appetizer were cut in half lengthwise so someone's saving a few bucks (although, looking upthread, it appears that three prawns is standard and that cutting them in half in this case improved the presentation)
A bread roll was offered and was gladly accepted, but it was after I took this pic.

Breakfast:

They served the A-D side before the G-K side so they ran out of omelettes before reaching the rear of the cabin on the G-K side. Good thing I was sitting in 6D! (Breakfast was served front to back, not by status)

Last edited by diburning; Jun 25, 2022 at 5:34 am
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:20 am

Menus don't seem to be very dynamic eastbound TATL so I tried the lamb again. Couldn't reasonably asked for it to be more appropriately cooked. Too bad we sat on the ground at YYZ for two hours blowing my connection in VIE.

Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
So that's what the lamb is supposed to look like! Mine was completely gray in the middle.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
CMN-YUL 18-June. White wine choices quite poor. A Chardonnay and an off-dry German Riesling. Commented to the SD when she came round and she took note. Agreed with me that there was no dry white choice for an ABC person (anything but chardonnay). Champagne was a nice consolation.

13F
I came here to comment on this, driving me crazy. I love a glass of white wine or two when I fly, but only having a choice of oakey Chardonnay or a super sweet (to my palate) Riesling vs having something more neutral is very annoying.

Been like that for a while now, I've mentioned it to the SD on all of my flights just to get the number of complaints up Last week, the SD said "didn't we have this conversation last month" so I guess I'm approaching broken record status
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I like the riesling. It's nice to have a non-"neutral" white wine choice for a change.

If you don't like those choices, stick to the champagne... although it is almost half chardonnay
Bohemian1 and YYCCL3 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by The Lev
I like the riesling. It's nice to have a non-"neutral" white wine choice for a change.

If you don't like those choices, stick to the champagne... although it is almost half chardonnay
I like riesling, but prefer it dry. No issue with having a non-neutral selection, as long as there is also a neutral selection (sauv. blanc, pinot grigio, etc.)
--
13F
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the YYC-FRA June 11, meal orders front to back, not by status.

June 26, FCO-YUL, orders by status. Salad dressing missing for the entire cabin.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
On the YYC-FRA June 11, meal orders front to back, not by status.

June 26, FCO-YUL, orders by status. Salad dressing missing for the entire cabin.
I don't understand the not taking meals by status. Shouldn't it be a given?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
How do you know it wasn't done by status? Did you not get what you wanted?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I don't understand the not taking meals by status. Shouldn't it be a given?
Going front to back doesn’t mean status wasn’t taken into account with respect to meal choice.
canadiancow and vancouver25k like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC 75k
MXP-YUL, FA advised against the Riesling as too sweet, but the chardonnay was still quite fruity. Chose the halibut, covered in a soggy batter with way overcooked broccoli. No idea who the CSD is, she didn't introduce herself.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:51 am

AC 804 YVR-DUB June 2022

June 2022
Air Canada Signature Business Class
AC 804 Vancouver to Dublin

Beverage with a bag of almonds

Dinner
Served shortly after take-off

Appetizer
*Prawns, Little Gem lettuce, pickled chili peppers, cilantro, spicy mayonnaise
Served with quinoa and vegetable salad and warm bread

Main Course
*Lamb sirloin with gremolata, Boulangčre potatoes, Brie, , broccolini
Paris well with Henry of Pelham Cabernet Merlot, Niagara Peninsula, Canada

Butter chicken, basmati rice with peas, okra masala
Paris well with Long Valley Ranch Chardonnay, Motnerey, Canada

Roasted Salmon, harissa sauce, couscous, cauliflower
Pairs well with Mas de Lunčs Languedoc, France

Vegan lentil pasta, herb tomato sauce, roasted mushrooms, pearl onions, kale, chickpeas
Pairs well with Truco Red Blend, Mendoza, Argentina

Cheese & Dessert

Oka, Cheddar, Brie, grapes, crackers

Fresh seasonal fruit
*Carrot cake

Served with espresso, cappuccino, coffee and a selection of teas

A selection of packaged snacks is always available in our galley

Breakfast
Served approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to landing

Fresh seasonal fruit

French Emmental, Cheddar, Brie, tomato, crackers

Muesli, apples, raisins, coconut, pumpkin seeds

Croissant, butter, jam

*Hawksworth signature dish
Veronique Rivest “Recommends”

Dine on Demand
Should you wish to maximize your sleep or work time, please let us known before departure and we’ll set your dinner aside for you to have later during the flight

2 210C004- 800,802,804,806,808,850,854,856,858,860,862,864,86 6,968

Note: Got a very experienced Vancouver-based screw and dinner was served efficiently.
Dinner was pretty much served course by course now, and mixed nut service is still replaced by a bag of packaged almonds typically found on all Air Canada’s flights.
Main course is still served in casserole dish, and I love the Hawksworth’s lamb sirloin. I prefer leaner cut of meat now and the lamb sirloin remains tender despite going through all these cooking and reheating. The chimichurri type sauce is excellent.
Dessert service was confusing as usual and the F/A told me that I could not have all three dishes, which was unacceptable especially the smallness of the meals during this Covid-19 time. The official policy according to her is Cheese and either fruit bowl or cake. Will it really break Air Canada if all three are offered like most premium airlines these days. They are all pre-plated now and the cheese and fruit board has not been reintroduced yet. Sadly the carrot cake was not good, and I did now know how it was a signature Hawksworth dish. It tasted worse even than a typical supermarket carrot cake.
I also want to add that a hot breakfast should be offered on West Coast/Calgary to Europe flight, and it is a eight hour flight. This continental breakfast was just strange with random components put together. The cheese plate was just out of place. Will Covid-19 spread in the cabin, if they offer freshly warmed croissants and Danish again, instead of this nasty plastic-wrapped croissant? I ate it because I was hungry. This West Coast to Europe catering was sad.
vancouver25k likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 9, 2022 at 7:57 am Reason: Move content to appropriate thread
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by Carfield
I also want to add that a hot breakfast should be offered on West Coast/Calgary to Europe flight, and it is a eight hour flight. This continental breakfast was just strange with random components put together. The cheese plate was just out of place. Will Covid-19 spread in the cabin, if they offer freshly warmed croissants and Danish again, instead of this nasty plastic-wrapped croissant? I ate it because I was hungry. This West Coast to Europe catering was sad.
Same as my reaction about the pre-arrival breakfast when I flew YVR-ZRH, no options and just a cold offering. Even UA, despite their crappy food quality, offers 2 hot pre-arrival choices on their eastbound TATL flights.
Carfield and gcashin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.