Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2023 | 11:11 am
5 Years on Site

Looking ahead to my flight to HND in a couple of weeks - there's finally a vegetarian option on the "Light Bites" section of the menu. I've never had the option to get one. Are they actually available? Do I just ask for one at any time?
Old Apr 27, 2023 | 2:17 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by sameruval
Looking ahead to my flight to HND in a couple of weeks - there's finally a vegetarian option on the "Light Bites" section of the menu. I've never had the option to get one. Are they actually available? Do I just ask for one at any time?

Available anytime after the main meal service. Also, proactively offered for those awake while the mid-flight PY/Y service is occurring.
If you have ordered a SPML, I believe something specific is boarded for the mid-service.
sameruval likes this.
Old May 1, 2023 | 7:37 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Looks like Signature Class and Premium Economy menus are now being signed by Mark Nasr, while economy menus still seem to be signed by Lucie Guillemette. Not sure if there is an org change going on, but hopefully it will result in better food.
Old May 1, 2023 | 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Benner
Looks like Signature Class and Premium Economy menus are now being signed by Mark Nasr, while economy menus still seem to be signed by Lucie Guillemette. Not sure if there is an org change going on, but hopefully it will result in better food.
Does he have a reputation as having better taste, or what?
Old May 1, 2023 | 8:22 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Benner
Lucie retired effective April 30th. She is not being replaced directly and both Nasr and Galardo were promoted to EVPs as a result.
Benner likes this.
Old May 2, 2023 | 10:07 am

Menu for upcoming flight YVR-ICN. Im inclined to skip the bulgogi, when I flew a couple years ago the Korean meal choice was mediocre and I like salmon but I already eat that enough at home. The chicken looked good so I'm probably going with that if available, but has anyone tried the beef short rib? It seems like the braised beef is a popular option here so I'm wondering if this will be good as well (or is this the same thing with just a different name?)
Old May 2, 2023 | 12:33 pm
40 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by triponespan
Menu for upcoming flight YVR-ICN. Im inclined to skip the bulgogi, when I flew a couple years ago the Korean meal choice was mediocre and I like salmon but I already eat that enough at home. The chicken looked good so I'm probably going with that if available, but has anyone tried the beef short rib? It seems like the braised beef is a popular option here so I'm wondering if this will be good as well (or is this the same thing with just a different name?)
The short rib (at least the one I have been served from Canadian based catering stations) is different but IMO quite good by Air Canada's standards. As is that chicken dish.
Old May 5, 2023 | 7:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Any thoughts as to what would be served in economy on YYZ-KEF this summer? Departs 2300 arrives 0835 +1 --- one would hope they make the substantive offering would be a breakfast meal on the arrival end of the 5 1/2 hour flight?
Old May 5, 2023 | 7:17 am
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by EJRofChicago
Any thoughts as to what would be served in economy on YYZ-KEF this summer? Departs 2300 arrives 0835 +1 --- one would hope they make the substantive offering would be a breakfast meal on the arrival end of the 5 1/2 hour flight?
If other late night Europe departures are any indication, it's still a hot dinner after takeoff, and the standard muffin & yogurt for breakfast.
Old May 5, 2023 | 7:29 am
50 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE
I was thankful to once again have warm croissants this morning before arrival in CPH. They aren't the best croissants in the world, but they are so much better than the ones in the bags.
Old May 5, 2023 | 7:41 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
The beef short rib I did not like the taste but I guess it taste is individual. I prefer asian airlines as they have a much better taste for me. No Baileys Irish cream either. I would have expected it to be available for a flight out of YYZ since it is on the menu.
Old May 5, 2023 | 12:32 pm
awt

​​​​​​

Last edited by awt; May 5, 2023 at 5:24 pm Reason: Wrong forum. Oops
Old May 5, 2023 | 1:02 pm
15 Years on Site

Your menu, like mine yesterday seems to have completely dropped the Hawksworth signature dishes....

Fwiw my "chicken breast" was one of the worst meals I've seen on AC. The chicken was as dry and tasteless as anything I've seen and the "orange sauce" tasted like lemon curd and was a disgusting combination with chicken. The potato salad wasn't bad and I used that intead of the weird yellow stuff and managed to eat about half of it.

The appetizer and the second meal was the usual stuff which was fine. The dessert for the flight from LIS was actually a pastel de nata which was cute. It was fine but served cold. Also the FA said "I'll go check to see if we have any" which seemed strange.
Attached Images  
Old May 5, 2023 | 1:32 pm
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by zkzkz
Your menu, like mine yesterday seems to have completely dropped the Hawksworth signature dishes....
Domestic (which was the menu above) haven't had Hawksworth dishes for a long while, and International flights to Canada have never had them.
Old May 5, 2023 | 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
With meal quality heading off a cliff I suspect chefs will not want that association.

Baileys is basically not available on board and this has been the case since early this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.