Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2023 | 4:12 pm
Original Poster
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
5 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by capedreamer
AC's obsession with raw / smoked salmon as the only appetizer option is very frustrating.
It's not always salmon. Sometimes it's shrimp or tuna or some other seafood. Because no one is allergic to that stuff or just doesn't like it, right?
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 21, 2023 | 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

AC's obsession with raw / smoked salmon as the only appetizer option is very frustrating.
But at least if the fish in the main dish is also salmon, they could have another appetizer.

My take however is different. I don't mind the salmon appetizer. It is salmon as a main dish which I would rather avoid. Especially given that the other choices are not to my liking either.
Old May 21, 2023 | 4:35 pm
Original Poster
5 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I forgot to post this the other night, but has there been a change to the international snack basket or just one of those one-offs where they cobbled it together from BoB after a catering snafu? 850 the other night had popcorn and Haribo gummy bears. I don't remember whether the Miss Vickie's were there. I do recall Biscoffs. It's a bit hazy, it was dark in the cabin and I think I had taken my sleeping pill and was on the way back from the bathroom when I saw the basket.

Originally Posted by Stranger
But at least if the fish in the main dish is also salmon, they could have another appetizer.
Or how about not seafood as a starter? Or at least offering a choice? I've had some very good soups on KL in the past year.
Bohemian1 and PaulYK like this.
Old May 21, 2023 | 4:46 pm
40 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I forgot to post this the other night, but has there been a change to the international snack basket or just one of those one-offs where they cobbled it together from BoB after a catering snafu? 850 the other night had popcorn and Haribo gummy bears.
Since at least 11 MAR. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35080089-post788.html
Adam Smith and PaulYK like this.
Old May 21, 2023 | 5:01 pm
Original Poster
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
​​​​​​Interesting. I could have sworn 848 had the same crappy old snack basket as usual on May 5th.
Old May 21, 2023 | 5:25 pm
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AC E75K
Or how about not seafood as a starter? Or at least offering a choice? I've had some very good soups on KL in the past year.
Exactly. Everyone loves to rag on LH's C product, but I really appreciate their choice of 3 appetizers (and have on occasion tried all 3 in lieu of a main when the crew obliged).

I'm actually a fan of raw fish but the quality has to be excellent. The only airline whose raw fish I've enjoyed is NH.

Originally Posted by Stranger
My take however is different. I don't mind the salmon appetizer. It is salmon as a main dish which I would rather avoid. Especially given that the other choices are not to my liking either.
Out of curiosity, what were the other choices? I assume a pasta, a poultry, and a red meat option?
Old May 21, 2023 | 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Out of curiosity, what were the other choices? I assume a pasta, a poultry, and a red meat option?
https://akamai-gw.dbaas.aircanada.co...48_YYC_FRA.pdf

Beef short rib, chicken leg and some pasta.
capedreamer likes this.
Old May 21, 2023 | 6:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Are AC still having supply chain issues with the LP? Or have they moved to something else entirely?

I see the new menus don’t even mention alcohol at all now.
Old May 21, 2023 | 7:05 pm
40 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

They ran out of prosecco on my TB flight last week. Supply chain wasn't the issue (nor was I, nor any single individual).
Old May 22, 2023 | 1:58 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I forgot to post this the other night, but has there been a change to the international snack basket or just one of those one-offs where they cobbled it together from BoB after a catering snafu? 850 the other night had popcorn and Haribo gummy bears. I don't remember whether the Miss Vickie's were there. I do recall Biscoffs. It's a bit hazy, it was dark in the cabin and I think I had taken my sleeping pill and was on the way back from the bathroom when I saw the basket.
Had the popcorn and gummy bears on a DUB-YYZ flight earlier this month. I'm pleased to see this wasn't a one-off. It's nice to have a little variety. Hopefully there'll be some more variety going forward as well.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old May 22, 2023 | 3:18 pm
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
​​​​​​Interesting. I could have sworn 848 had the same crappy old snack basket as usual on May 5th.
890 still had the old stuff last week.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old May 22, 2023 | 3:31 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Dusit
I haven't seen Miss Vickies for some time. Perhaps it is due to it being a Frito Lay - Pepsico product. FL has imposed some hefty price increases on its products, and there was a dispute with some retailers like Loblaws in February, who refused to pass on the price increases. Maybe the product was too expensive for the catering budget of AC. I am not a fan of the Bad Monkey brand products. High fat content and not that tasty. Poultry including eggs has been experiencing some supply chain problems because of the avian flu outbreaks across Canada that have decimated some producers, especially in QC and BC. I expect that this has limited the use of chicken options.

Last edited by Transpacificflyer; May 22, 2023 at 3:41 pm Reason: corrected monkey brand :P
Old May 22, 2023 | 3:37 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by PaulYK
Had the popcorn and gummy bears on a DUB-YYZ flight earlier this month. I'm pleased to see this wasn't a one-off. It's nice to have a little variety. Hopefully there'll be some more variety going forward as well.
That popcorn is awful. I've had better cardboard.
PaulYK likes this.
Old May 22, 2023 | 4:34 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I haven't seen Miss Vickies for some time. Perhaps it is due to it being a Frito Lay - Pepsico product. FL has imposed some hefty price increases on its products, and there was a dispute with some retailers like Loblaws in February, who refused to pass on the price increases. Maybe the product was too expensive for the catering budget of AC. I am not a fan of the Bad Monkey brand products. High fat content and not that tasty. Poultry including eggs has been experiencing some supply chain problems because of the avian flu outbreaks across Canada that have decimated some producers, especially in QC and BC. I expect that this has limited the use of chicken options.
Not sure where you're flying out of but have seen Miss Vickie's 100% of the time in every snack selection departing YYZ uninterrupted. Has been supplemented by stock of Popcorn and Gummy Bears which I presume they are burning off. Anytime a nut allergy is identified in J during the bar service, will offer M.V's as an alternative.
Old May 22, 2023 | 4:35 pm
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Not sure where you're flying out of but have seen Miss Vickie's 100% of the time in every snack selection departing YYZ uninterrupted. Has been supplemented by stock of Popcorn and Gummy Bears which I presume they are burning off. Anytime a nut allergy is identified in J during the bar service, will offer M.V's as an alternative.
I hope they still stock Kit Kats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.